HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2013, 05:22 AM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined May 2005
1,331 Posts
Pins 4 and 5 must be connected to activate the live out.
3DMON is online now Find More Posts by 3DMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2013, 05:54 AM
Joined Dec 2010
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMON View Post
Pins 4 and 5 must be connected to activate the live out.
Hi. The question is where they must be connected. I believe that, according to my schematics, the pin 4 is however connected to ground, where is also connected the pin 5.
dayanki is offline Find More Posts by dayanki
Old Nov 10, 2013, 06:32 AM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined May 2005
1,331 Posts
They just need to be shorted together, which means they are both connected to ground.
3DMON is online now Find More Posts by 3DMON
Old Nov 10, 2013, 08:18 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayanki View Post
Hi to all. The video-out cable supplied with the Mobius is stiff and heavy.
I built my following the attached drawing. I hope you find it useful.
DO NOT use the cable like you posted. I'm not sure what will happen if you do, but if some +V leaks into pin #4 you could be in for big trouble.
I've posted a technical reply in the main Mobius support thread.
BTW, try and avoid cross-posting in the future .
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Nov 10, 2013, 01:17 PM
Don't be popular, be right.
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Aug 2004
588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
DO NOT use the cable like you posted. I'm not sure what will happen if you do, but if some +V leaks into pin #4 you could be in for big trouble.
How exactly does voltage "leak" onto a pin? It's either connected or it isn't. The video and power grounds are going to be bonded somehwere anyway especially if power is supplied by a VTX with only a common ground.
bigddybn is offline Find More Posts by bigddybn
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2013, 03:39 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,311 Posts
It's possible, look at the theory behind a "floating ground" and ground loops. It's best to short the two pins at the connector, even if you still run two ground wires out.
KeithLuneau is online now Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
Old Nov 11, 2013, 01:52 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau View Post
It's possible, look at the theory behind a "floating ground" and ground loops. It's best to short the two pins at the connector, even if you still run two ground wires out.
Exactly, but I wasn't thinking so much about a floating ground but rather that pin #4 was being used as a ground when it isn't a ground! Pin #4 expects to be grounded, it does not expect to be misused as a ground. If you use it as a ground when you don't have a ground because pin #5 was left disconnected, current may very well try and flow thru the internal components making it's way to pin #4. I don't know how pin #4 is wired, but in the worse case you could destroy your camera if you use pin #4 as a ground. Pin #4 is a sense pin (it senses ground), it is not a ground. The sense circuitry most likely expects either an open connection (probably pulled high under normal conditions when a ground is present) or a ground. It certainly wasn't designed as a return path for current to the power supply, which the original poster wanted to do.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 03:06 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,566 Posts
What plug was used? Is it the stock one and removed the plastic or is a new usb plug?

I'm considering doing the same or like I did on the #16 install a plug socket in the case.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Nov 13, 2013, 05:03 PM
Joined Dec 2010
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Thanks again, Isoprop. I modified the connections bridging between pins 4 and 5 and connecting the ground wires to pin 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
What plug was used? Is it the stock one and removed the plastic or is a new usb plug?

I'm considering doing the same or like I did on the #16 install a plug socket in the case.
I bought the plugs here
dayanki is offline Find More Posts by dayanki
Old Nov 14, 2013, 02:35 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Thanks again, Isoprop. I modified the connections bridging between pins 4 and 5 and connecting the ground wires to pin 5.

I bought the plugs here
Your new schematic is now PERFECT
Old Nov 14, 2013, 02:48 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,566 Posts
I forgot to say but I say it now.
That cable gets super clean! Way way way....way better than the stock one.

Thanks for the link dayanki!
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Nov 14, 2013, 07:30 AM
Joined Apr 2010
1,219 Posts
Quote:
I bought the plugs here
Very interesting link. Thanks.
Mortimer is online now Find More Posts by Mortimer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 5V Power Supply
Old Nov 18, 2013, 07:01 AM
United States, RI, Cumberland
Joined Feb 2013
599 Posts
Here's an easycap capture flying fpv using my möbius on my blade 350qx. The video is a little glitchy because I was flying from inside my house, and the image I see in the fatsharks is better than what is represented here. You lose a lot of detail in file conversions and YouTube compression.

Blade 350 QX FPV: Flying From Inside My House at 5.8 Ghz using a Mobius as my FPV cam! (4 min 34 sec)
AKCobra is offline Find More Posts by AKCobra
Old Nov 18, 2013, 08:08 AM
Where we going, we need roads
Southport,N.W. England
Joined Nov 2007
291 Posts
If I power mobius from my rx using the adapter, can I be sure it won't cut out, even if the card were to get full?
Jake Bullit is offline Find More Posts by Jake Bullit
Old Nov 18, 2013, 01:11 PM
Don't be popular, be right.
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Aug 2004
588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Bullit View Post
If I power mobius from my rx using the adapter, can I be sure it won't cut out, even if the card were to get full?
Well you can never be sure but mine did fill it's card in the air once. You get a "card full" in the middle of the screen but don't lose the picture. There have been several firmware updates since then so not sure if something has changed but I wouldn't worry about that particular issue.
bigddybn is offline Find More Posts by bigddybn
RCG Plus Member