HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 12:08 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roonytoon View Post
WOW! I haven't been to this page in quite a while and it's nice to see some familiar names. Hi Paul! I haven't flown all winter but the nice weather ( well not today it's f'ing freezing out today) has given me the bug to get out there and fly again.
Hi Steve nice to hear from you.
I havn't flown much too because of our crazy weather.
Now with all the water I don't think my Beach area flying site will be open soon.

Paul
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:09 PM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,830 Posts
I have been having difficulty flying all of my planes as well as getting to maiden others due to lack of flying weather, family, health, etc.
So I have decided to thin the fleet. Not sure which yet but most likely since I have 2 Beavers one I fly and another brand new in the box it is most likely to be thinned from the herd as well as some others that have never been built.
I will let those here know first when I do.

Ed
race58 is online now Find More Posts by race58
Old Today, 04:25 PM
United States, MN, Hopkins
Joined Feb 2013
286 Posts
Hi Cubcrazy, say you know it has always bothered me for sometime of how your Beaver flew compared to mine. Betsy flies exactly the same at power settings except more agile do to not caring floats about. I'm thinking you have the FW109 motor in it for is slighly smaller and appears the same for the Beaver and FW share the same motor mount. Beaver #3 is all receiped on the parts not Orcal covered hopefully will be getting it off the dinning room table soon.

I flew Maggie Mae yesterday before the wind/rain and snow started here in Minneapolis, MN which it is now! Mother Nature is surely ticked off and Father Time! I then went up with Betsy and flew her about 2 blocks away and both fly identical except for speed Betsy trimmed is one little rocket, but landings with power on both are slow and ya can hit the spot, mind ya I now have over 100 hrs between the both Beavers. For those that don't know my set up that was disscussed earlier is a 2200 power 14 min flight time and that IS A LONG TIME! MAC 11x6x3 props sanded and balanced after painting and decals. Both planes have the flying surfaces trimmed of excess foam between the corrigations.

I found something so far for those interested in painting. I ground the foam as I refer to it with 150 dry sandpaper. I first cleaned the fuselage with acetone, dawn soap scrubbed with light brush. Reason for semi-destroying the foam smooth surface was for adhession. I then used Paul's receipe three coats 1 full day drying between each coat. Boy, is it rough, then sand with 400 gray and we are talking smooth! Now, why do I say no tape pull up is I installed the windscreen with R/C Canope glue and blue taped 1 inch wide over the full screen to hold tight. I pulled the tape off and NO PULL OFF of the receipe. I let ya all how the paint does over the receipe. This is all on Beaver #3. Bill
Whitieford is offline Find More Posts by Whitieford
Last edited by Whitieford; Today at 04:52 PM.