HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2011, 06:51 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,541 Posts
Mini-Review
Velocity-RC GPS unit, test....

Hello, I hav ejust recieved my GPS from Velocity RC, just wanted to let you know how it works and how accurate it seems to be.

This is how it looks, its small and just plugs into any free space on the receiver...

2 clicks and it starts looging.. and that very well..

My calculated distance I drove with my care according to hitta.se and maps was 4100 meters, the logger showed 2.6 miles, wich is damn good.

I drove at around 105-110km/h according to my speedometer in my car (Mitsubishi COLT Ralliart Turbo), my Nokia phone showed 102km/h max speed, the logger from velocity RC showed 62.8 Miles /hour (101.3km/h)
thats really good.. It seems to logg pretty good and accurate, and seems to be right on with my car, (cars always shows a bit more speed then the accurate one..)

Im vary happy with this product, now I will logg my funjet and my funjet ultra(1800 watts), and see what speed I achieve

Later it will go into my Xplane, and the finale: my VIPER F5D(3000watts power ), and see if I can break 400km/h out of a dive...

Sebbe..
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Last edited by sebbe; Sep 07, 2011 at 07:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:28 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Hello, I hav ejust recieved my GPS from Velocity RC, just wanted to let you know how it works and how accurate it seems to be.

This is how it looks, its small and just plugs into any free space on the receiver...

2 clicks and it starts looging.. and that very well..

My calculated distance I drove with my care according to hitta.se and maps was 4100 meters, the logger showed 2.6 miles, wich is damn good.

I drove at around 105-110km/h according to my speedometer in my car (Mitsubishi COLT Ralliart Turbo), my Nokia phone showed 102km/h max speed, the logger from velocity RC showed 62.8 Miles /hour (101.3km/h)
thats really good.. It seems to logg pretty good and accurate, and seems to be right on with my car, (cars always shows a bit more speed then the accurate one..)

Im vary happy with this product, now I will logg my funjet and my funjet ultra(1800 watts), and see what speed I achieve

Later it will go into my Xplane, and the finale: my VIPER F5D(3000watts power ), and see if I can break 400km/h out of a dive...

Sebbe..
Hi Sebbe nice looking unit where did you buy it from ? i need to replace mine after my crash mine is Toast lol

Capture 003 (7 min 2 sec)
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 09, 2011, 02:36 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,541 Posts
Oh man, that motor was deep into ground, seems the plane was having good power..

The logger is a Voltron GPS logger unit from : http://www.velocity-rc.com/cgi-bin/vrc/index.cgi

very fast shipping and free world wide shipping.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 03:11 AM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Oh man, that motor was deep into ground, seems the plane was having good power..

The logger is a Voltron GPS logger unit from : http://www.velocity-rc.com/cgi-bin/vrc/index.cgi

very fast shipping and free world wide shipping.
Thanks sebbe very good power first run on the vid TSG prop 12x12E 257 kph coming out of the dive second run APC 12x12E you can hear the prop flutter at take off and then it broke when i open her up, plane broke up in the air
Old Sep 09, 2011, 09:08 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,541 Posts
Sorry to hear that, seems to be a nice and fast plane,, Im sure you will build another one maybee.. or something that can take the speed better
Old Sep 09, 2011, 09:47 AM
Finland
Joined Apr 2007
212 Posts
Your Viper will do 400 once a turbine is installed in it...

TP.
Tuomas P. is offline Find More Posts by Tuomas P.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 09:53 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomas P. View Post
Your Viper will do 400 once a turbine is installed in it...

TP.
Hehe , no need for turbine to make it go 400km/h out of a dive... POWER full electric will do it
Old Sep 09, 2011, 02:42 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Sorry to hear that, seems to be a nice and fast plane,, Im sure you will build another one maybee.. or something that can take the speed better
Thanks i have another Sundowner ready to go i placed an order last night for the gps unit
Cheers
Adrian
Old Sep 12, 2011, 09:04 AM
smokin electrons...
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
1,254 Posts
Does anyone know the physical dimensions for it?
skyzking is offline Find More Posts by skyzking
Old Sep 12, 2011, 09:55 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,541 Posts
69.78mm x 18.53mm x 10.37mm, to be exact
Old Sep 12, 2011, 02:18 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
69.78mm x 18.53mm x 10.37mm, to be exact
the one on the website is wrapped in heatshrink is that how it comes?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 02:59 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,541 Posts
yes it does come with heatshrink, maybee it shows bad on my pictures ...
Old Sep 24, 2011, 04:51 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Ok so yesterday i got to try it out first i have to say on the + side the service was very fast on the - side no instruction at all it is a simple unit to use but still i would have expected something i managed to do two runs first 150.8 Mph second 173.1 Mph both where dives from the same direction the verdict so far 5 out of 10 I wouldn't rush out and buy another one that's for sure
sebbe how do you change from Mph to Kph do you know?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 04:55 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
6,960 Posts
Be interesting to compare the results with a pitot static probe on the same plane. I bet they would be massively different.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Sep 24, 2011, 05:04 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Be interesting to compare the results with a pitot static probe on the same plane. I bet they would be massively different.
i used one before in a different plane and had anything from 40 to 85 kph difference in the readings my gremlin gps was always within 2 to 3 kph difference between runs and 1 to 2 kph slower than a radar gun