HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:08 PM
Gravity always gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,344 Posts
You should be able to put a cat inside it :-)
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:53 PM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,638 Posts
http://www.texasrcplanes.com/26l19cebidog.html

I have the OD Green one. Cat not included
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:19 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
You should be able to put a cat inside it :-)
That is to funny!!!
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:46 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,135 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!!!
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Last edited by kid at 55; Nov 22, 2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:10 AM
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,344 Posts
+1 Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:23 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,228 Posts
DITTO, Happy Thanksgiving!!! I sent this over my smartphone last night but it didn't come through. Not very smart huh.

We had Thanksgiving Brunch and Dinner this evening with the other side of the family so....

Beautiful weather here so we're going flying. Meeting some of the other guys (That had the same schedule) at da flight field in thirty minutes. Now that is something to be thankful for!!!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,135 Posts
I haven't be to the flying field for some time now. Life too busy .Been helping my wife preparing our Thanksgiving meal for the family today. But I still found some time to get in the backyard with my Leadfeather Yak. Hardly miss a day with it.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:05 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
I haven't be to the flying field for some time now. Life too busy .Been helping my wife preparing our Thanksgiving meal for the family today. But I still found some time to get in the backyard with my Leadfeather Yak. Hardly miss a day with it.
Your Yak can be flown in a tight area or do you have a large backyard?

Everyone was really rusty today. Lots of crack-up's. One crash. We all had a laugh about it then we got out the ultralights and the guys that own them flew for awhile before the sun set. A fun day.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Your Yak can be flown in a tight area or do you have a large backyard?
It's tight. Half of my pattern I fly over the roof of my house. ( my house floor plans have a L shape to it). The other half I'm dodging trees. I getting pretty good at rescuing my Yak out of the trees or from the roof of my house .
Name: phone pics #1 005.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 331.4 KB
Description:
Last edited by kid at 55; Nov 22, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:38 PM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,638 Posts
Quote:
It's tight. Half of my pattern I fly over the roof of my house. ( my house floor plans have a L shape to it). The other half I'm dodging trees. I getting pretty good at rescuing my Yak out of the trees or from the roof of my house .
Attachment 5321769
Now that is not a good place to leave that... I know... Done it myself
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:49 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,228 Posts
Quote:
I getting pretty good at rescuing my Yak out of the trees or from the roof of my house .
Where is the wife and why can't she rescue the plane, like mine does for me? uh, ahem, choke, choke, cough...
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:24 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Where is the wife and why can't she rescue the plane, like mine does for me? uh, ahem, choke, choke, cough...
She my Safety Officer. She point out things like " How is that shotgun going to help you get that plane out of the tree." Or " All you going to do is cut your leg off with that chainsaw." And she great at pointing out two for one deal like. " Be careful when you are on the roof of the house but while you up there, how about cleaning out the gutters too."
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:33 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,228 Posts
Quote:
She my Safety Officer. She point out things like " How is that shotgun going to help you get that plane out of the tree." Or " All you going to do is cut your leg off with that chainsaw." And she great at pointing out two for one deal like. " Be careful when you are on the roof of the house but while you up there, how about cleaning out the gutters too."
That's funny. If I really ask my wife to retrieve my planes she would be the one with the shotgun. By the way Buddy, how is the flying lessons with your son coming along?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:58 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,228 Posts
Hey Guys I have a question. I love scratchbuilding and when I first started building and I would go to the fly-in's I would see lot's of scratchbuilt planes there. People were excited to see them and get ideas. Even the magazien folks would photo them, etc.
Now when I go I rearly see a scratchbuilt of any kind. Now, I don't have a problem with that because the ARF's are so much cheaper now and they do fly incredibly well and look so good in the air. However, I was thinking why isn't there a fly-in just for scratchbuilts. If you built it, bring it and fly it. You would get plenty of ideas and exchange a lot of conversation.
I like the fly-in's now but if you bring a scratchbuilt you get these "can't you afford a real model" looks. I know it has to do mostly with building skills because my fun is seeing if it will fly after you design it so I don't spend time with details. I tend to crash it a few times as well so I don't see the need in details but I think it would be neat to have a fly-in with just scratchbuilts. No matter how simple or scaled.
That being said, I'm not sure this would be a money maker for vendors but you never know.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:06 AM
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,344 Posts
I am not sure of the question, but I like the idea. I went to an alll electric flyin a couple weeks ago, thinking I wanted to start doing this, even the wife wants to go along, so waned to see what it was all about.

There were tons of ARF, as I guess is expected. There were two scratch built - either purchased kit or self-cutout - think they were depron - no blue foam anywhere.

I did not even see any foamie's like Twisted Hobbys sells. There was one Skywing MX2 - they guy even offered to let me fly it - was just not comfortable with that yet..

I have been seriously looking at two planes - Extreme Flight 48" MXS or Extra, and the new Skywing full fuse edge - thinking these would be good to have at things like this AND would step into balsa - still not sure about that but Ron seems to have fun working on it.

Anyways - I really like your idea and would try to attend. The choice of vendors would be ones that supply motors/batteries, parts....that we use.

Let me know when you get this scheduled - be happy to help if I can.

Bob