New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2015, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by maxx4wd
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2013
263 Posts
Futaba mixes - flaps and spoilerons

I didn't find any model files out there forthis plane so I just went ahead and did a little bit of mixing - going to post this up for those that could use it - might even copy the model file if anyone is interested.

I just used the normal wing - 2 aileron wing setting (no flaps)

I created 2 sets of mixes:

Program Mix 1 & 2 - spoilerons (assigned it to the up position of SB)
Program Mix 3 & 4 - flaps (assigned to the down position of SB)

You can also use the airbrakes predone mix for the flaps portion if you want to easily add in elevator

I like flying manually so I didn't bother adding an elevator mix but can totally understand not wanting to hold constant elev. all the time so you could just either add another program mix 5 and just assign it to SB on in the up and down position with a constant up or down elevator depending on the mix - up for flaps - down for spoilerons.

anyhow hope this is some use for someone...(all values are subject to change...haven't flown it yet so haven't trimmed it out for slow flying - all just best guesses based on my funcub mixes)
maxx4wd is offline Find More Posts by maxx4wd
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2015, 02:20 PM
Find More Posts by Goinstraightup
Baraboo, Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2003
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees View Post
Anybody cut the hinge line and rehung with hinge tape. The elev hinge especially down is so stiff that it is bending the carbon rod. I seem to be getting nowhere fast and now considering mounting the elev servo at the tail end and i know this will create problems but at the moment ready for throwing it in the bin. I have a Twisted hobbies Extra and is the best model i have bought but the CTB from twisted hobbies is rather a disappointment so far.
glenbees, the problem with the control rods "snaking" has been addressed many times in this thread. Make sure your control horn is not embedded too deeply in your control surface. If it is too deep (your control hole sitting closer to your control surface) then this creates too much force for the rod to actuate the control surface without bending out of shape. I had my control horns too deep in my foam the first go around and I had to cut mine out and install them shallow (hole in horn sticking up higher). The hole for the elevator should be 1/2 inch above the surface and the rudder horn 3/8 of an inch. That is where mine are at and my control actuation is good.
Goinstraightup is offline Find More Posts by Goinstraightup
Old Jun 28, 2015, 05:46 AM
Find More Posts by glenbees
Leeds/Bradford Leeds, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2003
1,607 Posts
Thankyou for your advice, Think i have sorted it but as you say i think i have the control horn to deep so will alter that as well.
glenbees is offline Find More Posts by glenbees
Old Jun 28, 2015, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by jruss9109
Joined Apr 2015
12 Posts
Did a maiden on the beaver last night. Few things to work out but overall pretty happy with it. I ran my usual nano tech 460's which I always get 5 min of flying time out of. I've been wanting to try out a nano tech 950 and finally purchased one with my last order. Got 7 min and 50 sec before power drop. So safe time is 7 min and bring her in. Definitely nice to have a couple extra min per battery!
jruss9109 is offline Find More Posts by jruss9109
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:45 AM
Mex
Find More Posts by Mex
Mex
Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Mar 2007
137 Posts
@jruss9109 we fly with a 1300mah 3s zippy compact 25c it flies great going to try it with a 1000mah 4s 40c just for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex View Post
Hello my first post in this topic Apr 25, 2014
Finally after not flying the beaver for a long time because of a prop torque issue . The beaver tended to make right turns when giving more then 50% throttle i solved this by putting 2 prop spacers behind the motor mount so the motor has 2-3mm offset to the right. After this the beaver flies like a champ

I made a Slo-Mo video of it with a small crash (also in slomo) at the end of the vid i hope you like it

720p @ 120FPS

Twisted Hobbys - Crack Turbo Beaver 120FPS SloMo (2 min 16 sec)
Mex is offline Find More Posts by Mex
Last edited by Mex; Jun 28, 2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by quadracer
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
4,620 Posts
3S 1300?? I'll pass on that.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Jun 28, 2015, 06:20 PM
Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,526 Posts
Congratulations TCB! You now have a Big Brother

We will have a thread up soon to introduce this new Twisted creation

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/TH-43-E...Beaver-RED.htm

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post32018469
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ROLLING CIRCLE; Jun 28, 2015 at 07:08 PM.