HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:16 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
Discussion
Ah Gyro Havok

this thing is by far the worst rtf micro ever made!

honestly im down in the states right now and picked one up this afternoon at wallywold for 35 bucks

thought it might be cool etc...took it to the park and all i can say about it is...um, well nothing besides the the fact that the box looks kinda cool when it's on the shelf.

oh well back to wallyworld - and no amount of mods tweaks etc will ever make this thing "fly" . It is pure junk plain and simple, and yes i have read the thread on it, i have seen the videos of it "flying", lets be honst this thing is weak at best.

Oh, and boo on you spinmaster for putting this out there, i am willing to bet they chucked the prototype off a bridge and simply said "ok that kinda flew right?, i say we sell it for um... 40 bucks!!!"
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:45 PM
Joined Feb 2007
858 Posts
I got mine on sale at TRU for 20 bucks. After reading the thread and performing thr recomended tweaks, it was still trash. I exchanged it for a SL lipo.
toughitaliankid is offline Find More Posts by toughitaliankid
Old Jun 28, 2008, 08:33 PM
Advanced District5 Champion!
In the vicinity of the midwest.... home of large lots of land to fly in!!
Joined Mar 2008
2,364 Posts
soooo, what exactly was bad about it. all the gyros i've seen fly..
Ironbowser is offline Find More Posts by Ironbowser
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:31 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
i think flying is a relative term here, for something to fly for me i expect controlled turns, controlled response . propper balance etc etc...this thing is all over the map , it bascally like a kite with a TX.

I'm no newbie to these micros eother, i have had just aobut all of them, and had to deal with all the mods, tweaks etc....and even with the "mods" this thing is still pretty useless, i mean it looks cool when the rotors are spinning and it sorta flies but for 35$ i could get a lot more bang for the buck
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:24 PM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trust416
i think flying is a relative term here, for something to fly for me i expect controlled turns, controlled response . propper balance etc etc...this thing is all over the map , it bascally like a kite with a TX.

I'm no newbie to these micros eother, i have had just aobut all of them, and had to deal with all the mods, tweaks etc....and even with the "mods" this thing is still pretty useless, i mean it looks cool when the rotors are spinning and it sorta flies but for 35$ i could get a lot more bang for the buck
First of all... There's a reason autogyros aren't made anymore, with the exception of a few experimental(Bennett,to name a good one). Can you say gyroscopic effects? I've flown a lot of Havocs, but I'm not even tempted to try this beast. I wonder if marketing dorks (who seem to make all the decisions at Spinmaster) just thought that it's bigger than the Havoc, so must sell better...
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Jun 29, 2008, 07:03 AM
It works, don't touch it.
Joined Dec 2007
2,931 Posts
Mine flies pretty good. I can fly the whole battery out.
skiesthelimit is offline Find More Posts by skiesthelimit