HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2014, 03:04 PM
Joined Sep 2013
23 Posts
Help!
Hubsan battery

my local hobby store doesn't cary any hubsan batteries. so i bought a Heli Max 3.7v 200mah 1Wh battery praying that it would work for my hubsan fpv quads 3.7v (.9!!!!!!!!) wh battery. and the hubsan cant handle that little .1wh.

So i was wondering if I put a .1wh resistor on the battery if that would work.

Note. I thought the wattage difference would not be an issue as I have used "slightly" incorrect wattage for other electronics, and they could handle it with no ill effect
fockewulf is offline Find More Posts by fockewulf
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2014, 03:37 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
9,890 Posts
I don't know where your numbers are coming from but the Hubsan FPV quad I've seen uses a 380mAh battery. Trying to replace it with one half the capacity is quite likely not to work.

BTW 200mAh @ 3.7V is only 0.74Wh. Oh and there's no such thing as a 0.1Wh resistor. Resistors are measured in Ohms but one won't help anyway because if anything you have too little power not too much.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Mar 12, 2014, 03:46 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fockewulf View Post
my local hobby store doesn't cary any hubsan batteries. so i bought a Heli Max 3.7v 200mah 1Wh battery praying that it would work for my hubsan fpv quads 3.7v (.9!!!!!!!!) wh battery. and the hubsan cant handle that little .1wh.

So i was wondering if I put a .1wh resistor on the battery if that would work.

Note. I thought the wattage difference would not be an issue as I have used "slightly" incorrect wattage for other electronics, and they could handle it with no ill effect
It would help if you could be a bit more specific about your problem. Which Hubsan aircraft do you have? Which battery does it take, voltage and mAh?
When specifying batteries wattage numbers are generally not used.

When I googled hubsan battery I came up with 3.7V 240mAh. The 3.7V 200mAh battery should be fine although your flight time would be a bit less.

Exactly do you mean the hubsan can't handle that little .1wh.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Mar 12, 2014, 06:15 PM
Joined Sep 2013
23 Posts
First my stock battery for my Hubsan H107D which was 380mah, broke at the connector. so i'm using Hubsan 240mah for the non-FPV version. and it flys just fine. only difference is half the flight time and the battery says 1wh.(link below)

second. is there anything i can do then. im not that good when it comes to circuitry.

fockewulf is offline Find More Posts by fockewulf