HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2014, 05:44 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bking1340 View Post
Oh ch!t, were on another computer and did only see the 1st pic - seems like there are much going on at the rcthai forum.
Yes I wish Chris can buy his own atomik/venom factory and make us some nice offroads with our inputs - Mr Nicastro, go and play some lotto
Lol for sure, good luck Chris, win a fortune .
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2014, 06:28 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the hill View Post
spoked wheels nice , where are all these Thai dudes getting their spoked rims from ? ,lots of them seem to have them , are they making them ? . That wheelie man forgot to glue his tyres
I would say they are using the NF front wheels.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Apr 13, 2014, 01:50 PM
Nice
Joined Nov 2008
273 Posts
For spare parts they ask to order minimum quantity of five ...crazy chinese.
Price are nice but if you order X5 each parts you want .... Open a shop !!
Helicoy is online now Find More Posts by Helicoy
Old Apr 14, 2014, 04:23 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,402 Posts
Have made a few more changes to the bike and will test it out on a track when they dry out in the next week or so. I had a quick squirt on the drive in between rain showers. Unfortunately I ducked my head a bit much as it started to drizzle and lost most of the footage further away so I edited what I had. It didn't feel bad at all, turning much better with less lean angle needed and felt quite similar to my MM to steer. Still got some more changes to make yet ideally but slowly getting better.
Phantom 400 RC dirt bike drifting fun (4 min 19 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2014, 05:54 AM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
444 Posts
Looking good Chris.
Starting to look well sorted now.
Syncro is online now Find More Posts by Syncro
Old Apr 14, 2014, 06:15 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncro View Post
Looking good Chris.
Starting to look well sorted now.
Thanks mate, on the smooth stuff at least, still haven't got a BB shock in yet, I'll have to do that before hitting the track maybe. I liked the turning of it now. It didn't feel like a chore to turn, it felt fairly nimble and responsive.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2014, 08:29 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Have made a few more changes to the bike and will test it out on a track when they dry out in the next week or so. I had a quick squirt on the drive in between rain showers. Unfortunately I ducked my head a bit much as it started to drizzle and lost most of the footage further away so I edited what I had. It didn't feel bad at all, turning much better with less lean angle needed and felt quite similar to my MM to steer. Still got some more changes to make yet ideally but slowly getting better.
http://youtu.be/l7JQfWW5l4k
Awesome mate, that looks like it is turning & handling a lot better, it looks good the way it backs it in then flicks the rear around nice & tight & drifts out
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Apr 14, 2014, 04:16 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Awesome mate, that looks like it is turning & handling a lot better, it looks good the way it backs it in then flicks the rear around nice & tight & drifts out
Thanks mate, it definitely feels a lot more nimble and responsive in the steering. I like the feel of the turning now. Getting rid of some gyro weight and fitting the rounder SR4 tyre and lifting the rear to change the rake worked out all right .
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2014, 04:36 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,674 Posts
Bit surprised actually that you havn't found a BB shock for that bike Chris considering how it transformed rear handling on mm. The SR4 rear tire fits like a glove on Phantom rim?
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Apr 14, 2014, 05:06 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Bit surprised actually that you havn't found a BB shock for that bike Chris considering how it transformed rear handling on mm. The SR4 rear tire fits like a glove on Phantom rim?
I've got one in pieces at the moment rebuilding it to suit using the original shaft. Just been a bit slow with sorting this bike out. The SR4 tyre fits perfectly and gives room for an insert. The tyre has more compliance than the std one but the compound is still very hard compared to the MMs tyres. ARX tyres may give better performance on the hard dirt on my tracks. Not sure about the lifespan though.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2014, 05:46 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,674 Posts
I thought the arx tires were not shaped to include an insert like the sr4...maybe Im thinking because the phantom tire is like the arx? Not sure lol.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:03 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
I thought the arx tires were not shaped to include an insert like the sr4...maybe Im thinking because the phantom tire is like the arx? Not sure lol.
I think they are maybe not as rounded as the SR4 but still have room for an insert now I've removed the internal ribs on my rim. I think the compound is softer therefore more suited to finding grip on slicker surfaces. Still not as soft as the MM ones.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 05:45 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,402 Posts
Got the big bore in the bike finally and decided to start testing on the rough track. Quite happy with the first hit out. The bike is feeling pretty good on such a rough surface. Using all of the travel the new shock allows, the forks aren't too bad either, maybe a little more work to try. The bike tracks pretty good through the bumps though. Happy enough with progress.
Phantom 400 modified track run (4 min 55 sec)
RCG Plus Member