HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2013, 05:44 PM
Finland
Joined Apr 2011
68 Posts
Discussion
TBS Discovery ( naza/radio ) woes

Okay, i've been having some bad luck with my new TBS Discovery lately. I moved from a phantom to a Discovery with NAZA and i'm using a 9X with FrSky radio modules.

I have had a few crashes which i thought were just because of lack of skills as a pilot, but after today i'm seriously leaning towards gear failure.

The quad seems to want to lean hard left at times and recovering from that can be difficult if not impossible. I really have no idea how i could find out what is causing this malfunction in the quad... First step i can think of would be to test out a different radio system ( the cheapest stuff isn't always that reliable i guess.. ). Checked out the DJI motor bullet connectors and they seem fine. I also have put some black foam to the left side of the NAZA which was suggested in other discussions about naza barometer issues.

I'm running:

NAZA
DJI 30a opto esc's
DJI 2212 motors with 8x4.5 props
Turnigy 9x radio with FrSky DJT tx module and Frsky V8FR-HV receiver

Worst crash yet happened today:

Cheap radio or faulty NAZA???? (4 min 0 sec)

There was this weird beep in the video which i havent yet identified... Was that from the esc or the naza??
transam is offline Find More Posts by transam
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2013, 06:53 PM
Finland
Joined Apr 2011
68 Posts
Any thoughts on soldering the motor wires directly to the ESC's and removing the bullet connectors?
transam is offline Find More Posts by transam