HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:48 AM
uk
Joined Nov 2010
404 Posts
Discussion
monitor option PL8

This is going to sound really really simple but, when going into storage state with the CCS, the pl8 offers 3 choices charge/discharge or monitor.Where no charge or discharge, just monitor cell voltages.
Why is there an option to monitor the cells, if it doesn't do anything, Or does it do something and I'm missing something?.
I'm going to have lots more noob questions when they come up.
traxx de maxx is offline Find More Posts by traxx de maxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:09 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxx de maxx View Post
This is going to sound really really simple but, when going into storage state with the CCS, the pl8 offers 3 choices charge/discharge or monitor.Where no charge or discharge, just monitor cell voltages.
Why is there an option to monitor the cells, if it doesn't do anything, Or does it do something and I'm missing something?.
I'm going to have lots more noob questions when they come up.
Hi:

Many use monitor to tell what individual cell voltages are without actually putting any current into or pulling any current out of the batteries. Some use it to read cell voltages while, e.g., connected to a motor and running a pack down. I figure a lot of customers could chime in here and tell you what they use it for.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks