HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Murocflyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxs0201 View Post
Hey everyone. I bought the 2.4 Ghz version of the Dynam Hawk Sky from Nitroplanes.com (http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy892...y-rtf-24g.html)

On the transmitter, there are two ports on each side. One looks like a charger port, and the other looks like a simulator port. Does anyone know if a simulator works with this, and if I can get the cable and download the software? Thanks
My suggestions are twofold: First, I would contact Nitroplane's customer service folks and pose your questions to them.

Secondly, a look at your radio's instruction materials may provide contact info for the device's manufacturer - possibly contact them as well.

Good luck,

... Lennie
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:55 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
deleted , unfortunately the post infringes the forums policy, having a link to a usb gadget for linking the TX to your PC the gadget works on a number of flight sims..

sorry... p.m. me if you are unclear here..
Keep in mind that this is a privately owned website. There are certain things that cannot be said openly. And the owner of this site is also the owner of Knife Edge SW which makes Real Flight. So when it comes to flight Sims, there are very strict rules that are followed.

No offense to you or what you had to say, but that is just how it is.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Murocflyer; Oct 18, 2012 at 02:34 AM. Reason: typo
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:57 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
311 Posts
Hi

Has anyone successfully used a HP6DSM with Phoenix FS. I have seen the mod on helifreaks and don't fancy doing that and was hoping that it might just be compatible like another receiver. I have heard that it might be.

If so. What leads do I need exactly if was to go wireless or hard wire it?

Thanks
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Last edited by SR120 fan; Oct 16, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:34 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
Hi

Has anyone successfully used a HP6DSM with Phoenix FS. I have seen the mod on helifreaks and don't fancy doing that and was hoping that it might just be compatible like another receiver. I have heard that it might be.

If so. What leads do I need exactly if was to go wireless or hard wire it?

Thanks
Sorry, but I am not familar with that setup. Maybe someone else will chime in shortly to help.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:58 PM
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton
Blackstock, South Carolina
Joined Sep 2007
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
Gentlemen,

I have received a PM concerning the length of this thread and was wondering if you wouldn't mind me cleaning it up by removing the posts that are not relative to reviewing the flight Sims. I'd like to remove the chit chat and other non-related and off topic posts. I won't do it if you don't think that is OK, but I'd like for this thread to focus on the topic. Doesn't matter to me, but for the sake of others, brevity might be the best approach.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks,

Frank
- - - - - - - - -

OK, here are my thoughts about reviewing flight Sims:

Ask the question "What is the best RC plane?" in any RC forum and I guarantee within the first two replies someone will ask the counter-question "What type of flying are you planning to do?"

I doubt, hell, I know that in the almost 8 billion people on this planet that there is not one single person that is equally interested in all aspects of RC flight! Everyone is going to favor one or a few types of flying over, and in lieu of, other types. I believe the same goes for flight simulators. I can back this up simply by pointing out the types of aircraft offered in the different products; there is always one type that is in the majority, while another type will be scarce if not missing altogether.

What type of flying is best represented by Brand X? is it warbirds? Jets? Gliders..? l would be wiling to bet real money that the physics of that Sim are also going to be geared to that same type of flying. And let's face it; the physics required to accurately represent a series of 3D helicopter stunts ain't going to be worth dick when you're trying to float a Gentle Lady on a thermal that's barely there! The same goes for the features included with the Sim; the majority of them are again going to favor the most popular type of plane offered by that Sim. Why do you think someone felt there was a need to come up with a dedicated helicopter flight simulator?

So in my opinion any really useful review would include noting the type of flying that particular Sim favors, and which types it just gives lip service to if not outright ignores.
Fly Wheel is offline Find More Posts by Fly Wheel
Last edited by Fly Wheel; Nov 09, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:38 PM
United States, OR, Lebanon
Joined Jul 2012
52 Posts
Please clean up the thread.
FredYates is offline Find More Posts by FredYates
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredYates View Post
Please clean up the thread.
I'd like to but people get mad when their posts are deleted.

These forums can be as great with pertinent and informative info or as cluttered with junk as people want them to be. Seems like folks want the latter for some reason?

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,648 Posts
For those that may be interested, here is a review on RF 6.5.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1768575

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:41 PM
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Another sim... Leos RC Simulator

Folks, I came across a free sim called Leo's RC Simulator. I have the Android version on my tablet, and it's looks promising, but the PC version on Leo's web site is not installing/working (http://www.leobueno.net/). The download is corrupt, or I suspect, incomplete, so it will not install/run. It's supposed to be about 30Meg but it downloads at about 3Meg.

In any case, is anybody running this? How is it? Does anyone have a valid 30Meg installation file? If so, I can give you a dropbox location, and you if you would upload it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
MynameisnotBob is offline Find More Posts by MynameisnotBob
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:04 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
I have downloaded it now and it says it is a 3.10 Mb file.
I have not installed it yet but there are several caveats, it needs DirectX 9 (not included) so maybe you need to check that out as well as the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotBob View Post
Folks, I came across a free sim called Leo's RC Simulator. I have the Android version on my tablet, and it's looks promising, but the PC version on Leo's web site is not installing/working (http://www.leobueno.net/). The download is corrupt, or I suspect, incomplete, so it will not install/run. It's supposed to be about 30Meg but it downloads at about 3Meg.

In any case, is anybody running this? How is it? Does anyone have a valid 30Meg installation file? If so, I can give you a dropbox location, and you if you would upload it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
flightsimmer is offline Find More Posts by flightsimmer
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:02 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsimmer View Post
I have not installed it yet but there are several caveats, it needs DirectX 9 (not included) so maybe you need to check that out as well as the others.
It is in the realm of possibility he already knows that
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:49 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
It is in the realm of possibility he already knows that
Yes it is.

I finally got time to install it and it did come up corrupted for me also.
So, I'll try contacting them and see if their aware of it? And ask them if there is a fix for it.
flightsimmer is offline Find More Posts by flightsimmer
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:29 PM
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Thanks for checking it out. At least I know it's not just my computer having a problem. (I do have DX9 installed :-). I tried emailing Leo a few days back (I forget where I got the address from) and no reply yet. He seems to be active with other applications (like the android version), so perhaps he is just busy.
MynameisnotBob is offline Find More Posts by MynameisnotBob
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:03 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Nov 2012
49 Posts
Just wanted to get this information out for your consideration. First, I'm a new electric flyer, learning on a Pico, and have flown a total of approximately 7 hours I knew right away I'd need a flight simulator, so after a month of review and consideration, decided to try the Clearview in spite of the negatives I've read about it.

I have a iMAC, so bought Windows 7 for $99.00 on Amazon, and then installed Cleareview -- $39.00. The Clearview installation was amazingly simple, and the RX set-up was just as easy. Once the Windows 7 was installed, the Clearview installation didn't take more than 20 minutes from beginning to end.

How do I like ClearView????? I love it!!!! It truly provides a clear view on the computer. The picture is sharp and crisp. The variety of planes and fields is all I need to practice on.

So, for those of you who are still trying to decide what you want in a Sim. this has been my experience.

It's probably true that because I'm a new "pilot", I don't need any more than what ClearView offers. And I can live with that very easily. Also. I get to use the radio transmitter that I fly with in the real world.

Perhaps that is one of the best "target users" for Clearview. New Pilots who just want hours of experience learning to make their fingers do the opposite of what their brain tells them to do,

However, there are plenty of planes that can also provide 3-D flying on ClearView.

I bought Clearview because I wanted to try something that was not very expensive -- $39.00.
I figured that if I had major problems or for some reason didn't like a "cheap" Sim., I could then up-grade to something else. And I would now have Windows 7 for use on my iMac.

However, I'm here with ClearView to stay.
Ron Christensen is offline Find More Posts by Ron Christensen
Last edited by Ron Christensen; Feb 07, 2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:19 PM
DJO
Dreaming...
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,445 Posts
ClearView is awesome! I use ClearView SE, which is free, you just pay a few bucks for the models themselves. I bought like 3 models so in total it cost me like $7 because I already had a joystick for it. Works great! RCDeskPilot and BMI Flight Simulator are also great, but aren't as realistic IMHO

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The FPV PROJECT II