HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:50 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
It was a bit more,like a minute and 15 of WOT...
What's your current draw at WOT?
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:58 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Aug 2010
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drice View Post
What's your current draw at WOT?
I did not have a chance to check the log,as I had to get my butt to Tijuana Flats for Taco Tuesday and Corona's. ....I will Plug it in when I get home tonight.I will tell you this,It came down cooler then in Hotliner mode...Very cool having a plane that surves a duel purpose with a 2 minute prop change.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
I stand corrected ...............................................
and WOW !!!!!!!!!
I am speechless
Just so you know,that is 4S in that video....on 5S it can only take 30second runs with a glide,then back for another couple runs..if you go 31seconds,bad things happen
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,680 Posts
Sawtooth log
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:37 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
429 Posts
I'm no expert but the temperature plot concerns me. It confirms what many have been hinting at, which is that you are definitely HOT-lining. Your ESC is past the boiling point of water, and well above most ratings, which stop at +85C. You're running over +100C near the end.

I dig watching the videos, but you're pulling a LOT of power with not enough break time to let things cool down.

Just my opinion.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:17 PM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
906 Posts
Eveything looks really good except for the temp. I have a hard time believing its getting that hot. Maybe the logs are giving false readings
SlowBarless is online now Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:01 AM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drice View Post

I dig watching the videos.
drice............you left me hanging with your last video. The rolling circle scene was a tease! I would love to see high speed, low altitude rolling circles. Any chance for some more vid from you?

Sorry for bailing out on this fun stuff..........but I have a house that was absolutely falling apart, and I needed a year to do a lot of work on it. A few more months and I'll be back to raising heck!! Been following this thread all along though.............The Best!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Last edited by Charger; Oct 12, 2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:52 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,559 Posts
Icelog is not something I trust, we know that it can show wrong value on Amps and wattage, dont know about temp ?
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:30 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Icelog is not something I trust, we know that it can show wrong value on Amps and wattage, dont know about temp ?
sebbe,
I have my Eagle Tree hooked up before my ICE, both recording at the same time.
Everything is basically identical !

I have 26 ICE esc's, and every one of them are putting out repeatable and reliable numbers. They were all compared to several Eagle Tree recorders and my arsenal of Fluke test equipment, nuthin but the best .................... I have no quams about taking a firm stance on saying to anyone ......... trust your ICE.

I know ICE was questioned early on, but as of late, they are accurate and reliable. Things do change !
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:16 AM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
906 Posts
So... his 100A esc is boiling itself when it's only pulling 100A... for only a minute? Pretty sure doug is running decent cooling aswell. Sounds odd to me.
SlowBarless is online now Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:49 AM
Deutschland, RP, Niederzissen
Joined Dec 2011
801 Posts
For me also the rpm is quite low,the sawtooth i know usually go to 10500-11000 at about 1 kw.
Doug,
As you like to test a lot of different stuff i would recommend to use a different logging system, the Unilog for example offers some nice options like airspeed, altitude ,climbrate, additional temp sensors ....
You can also use the limiter to keep your runtime in the limits,as you know, sometimes just a couple of seconds can be too much!
Data-analysis with logview is pretty nice, you can compare different setups by showing the graphs of different logs in one picture.

Regards
Yello
Mreyello is online now Find More Posts by Mreyello
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:55 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,559 Posts
mopar, you are surely tru with your statement, but my ICE 100 is exactly 22% off on current, my friends is 10% off, compared to a 1500 dollar equipment... I dont know about other ICE ecs:s and if they have improved i calibration, maybee they have, just saying how mine and my friend are off,,, BUT just the amps,,, I havent checked the temps...
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:37 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,139 Posts
I have checked the Ice logs on many units HV and non HV pretty extensively against a clamp on and they are genereally 7-10% higher on Amp's.

Terry
Chuchuf is online now Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:01 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
mopar, you are surely tru with your statement, but my ICE 100 is exactly 22% off on current, my friends is 10% off, compared to a 1500 dollar equipment... I dont know about other ICE ecs:s and if they have improved i calibration, maybee they have, just saying how mine and my friend are off,,, BUT just the amps,,, I havent checked the temps...
Temps and rpm have never been questioned due to relatively dead on info as compared to auxilary test equip.

Amps have been questioned as well as voltage in the past.

With the new firmware upgrades, maybe the older ICE can be better ?
All I know is that when ICE first came out, I was getting 15-20% higher amps and started running Eagle Tree and ICE together, saw the difference !!

Now, on exact same ICE controller, amps and voltage are so close, there is no difference ............................ only different thing : Firmware !

I dont know, it seems to me that when used to see difference between ICE and Eagle Tree in the beginning, then I post up Eagle Tree 150 vs ICE, (no matter what ICE) there is 35 RPM difference, no difference in volts and 2 or 3 amps difference @ 125 amps ........................................ to me, thats the same thing !!!!

I have to credit Castle in their Firmware upgrades (Gryphon tried telling me it was the Firmware, but I said " doesnt make sense" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but it still has changed) .................. too many Molson XXX after work today, and its only 08:00 !!!!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBarless View Post
So... his 100A esc is boiling itself when it's only pulling 100A... for only a minute? Pretty sure doug is running decent cooling aswell. Sounds odd to me.
There is no doubt the temp readings are OFF,going buy the finger check,it comes down cooler then when I do the Hotliner thing....all temps feel good after a 60sec run.