HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:36 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
1,500 Posts
It rained all last weekend. Now, work is getting in the way of my flying time. Maybe Tuesday.
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:59 AM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
796 Posts
UMX Family pose
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:58 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,637 Posts
Nice pic of the fam!

I've been flying more than posting lately, can't believe this "winter" weather! 60 degrees and sunny - ON THE WEEKENDS. . . IN DECEMBER!! When does THAT ever happen?

Flew the T-28 and the Dynam Sbach on Friday a.m. Two planes went out with me, only one came back in one piece. Apparently, if you buy used batteries on this forum, there are risks. Two of the three cells went bad mid flight (mid-loop, to be precise) and my T-28 buried itself. I don't think she's fixable, there were a surprisingly large number of very small foam pieces. It's still in my trunk, I can't bring myself to deal with it.

On the other hand, the Sbach is flying fantastic. Landing gear came off again today at the field (on a perfectly smooth landing, btw). but that will be an easy fix. Other than that, i LOVE that plane.

Had a bit of a scare at the club field today. Had a pretty big crowd and we were watching some big gasser warbirds flying formation. Apparently, one of the pilots got distracted and looked away from his plane. When he looked back, he looked at the wrong one. Meanwhile, his plane, a huge P-40, came barrelling into the spectator area and smashed into the parking lot. It missed people and cars by a matter of feet, and obliterated itself in a high speed impact.

Can't blame the pilot, can't blame the plane, but it was a good lesson for everyone. When aircraft are in the air, keep on eye on 'em. You just never know when something will fall out of the sky.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:59 AM
Raikkonen for President
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
7,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Flew the T-28 and the Dynam Sbach on Friday a.m. Two planes went out with me, only one came back in one piece. Apparently, if you buy used batteries on this forum, there are risks. Two of the three cells went bad mid flight (mid-loop, to be precise) and my T-28 buried itself. I don't think she's fixable, there were a surprisingly large number of very small foam pieces. It's still in my trunk, I can't bring myself to deal with it.
Now you have an airplane shaped puzzle! They're fun to glue back together, I bet you can fix it no problem, just be patient, do it in steps, and let the glue dry before you hang parts off of a newly-attached piece.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:03 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Now you have an airplane shaped puzzle! They're fun to glue back together, I bet you can fix it no problem, just be patient, do it in steps, and let the glue dry before you hang parts off of a newly-attached piece.
NICE! That's the best description that I've ever heard and I fully intend to steal that line.

I'm going to do a shameless cross post. For those of you who are subscribed to this thread because you enjoy reading about others' experiences, you may find this thread/blog as entertaining as I did. I stumbled on it last night and it had me in stitches. I don't know Dan, but he is clearly a great writer and a hell of a dedicated/determined pilot.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1767975

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,500 Posts
Finally got some fly time in. The temp dropped and it was a bit chilly out this afternoon, but the wind wasn't too bad.

I headed to the field after stopping by the dollar store to pick up some knit gloves. Which I promptly cut the fingers out of.

The wind was a little stronger than I expected, but no worries. I put a couple flights on the MUS and three on the Eflite T-34. A pretty good crosswind made landings fun.

That will be it for atleast another week
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:14 PM
OEF 10-11
United States, NC, Taylorsville
Joined Oct 2012
219 Posts
Haven't flown in about a week. I'm waiting on my prop balancer to come in. Then I'm going to get my spad in the air
new user is offline Find More Posts by new user
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:38 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,112 Posts
Last time I was out was a week ago. Crashed my TF 60 size Corsair. Good thing was it went on sale the next day and I should get the new ARF tomorrow. In the mean time I have been working on the next big one. Got the servos and gear mounted in the wing.
FW-190 Rretract test 2 (0 min 35 sec)
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:58 PM
Raikkonen for President
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
7,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V2rider View Post
Last time I was out was a week ago. Crashed my TF 60 size Corsair. Good thing was it went on sale the next day and I should get the new ARF tomorrow. In the mean time I have been working on the next big one. Got the servos and gear mounted in the wing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq5Oo...ature=youtu.be
Focke that's nice!
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:10 PM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
Managed to get out today with my t28 fun fighter and f86 50mm. 1st throw of the sabre struggled to gain altitude at 1st then picked up great. Half way into a nice big turn over the park a loud screeeeching noise started so I backed off the throttle and man this thing can glide got it back in one piece perfect landing. Had a feeling the fan had disintegrated and when I looked sure enough it was gone.

Just replacing it now with a 6 blade one trimming some foam for the housing to fit. Should be back up and running as test flight tomorrow.
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:47 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,279 Posts
a windy cold day,took the new Phoenix 2000 out,got to keep some power on this thing in this wind,you can see every time i shut down motor wind would take it Be sure to click quality and go to HD,then full screen wind at approx 15 mph on ground temp was 20deg F..
phoenix 2000-2 (3 min 9 sec)
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:06 AM
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
well after my fan disintegrated yesterday, i replaced it with 6 blade one and went out to test today..ran my 4 batteries through it and no problems at all, sabre seems a bit quicker...

Sky angel F-86 sabre 50mm edf 4s (2 min 57 sec)
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:50 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgeorgedoors View Post
well after my fan disintegrated yesterday, i replaced it with 6 blade one and went out to test today..ran my 4 batteries through it and no problems at all, sabre seems a bit quicker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRLGp...ature=g-crec-u
Very nice! She's quick alright!

I'm going to attempt to get in a battery (2 if I'm lucky) after work today before the sun goes down. Wish me luck!
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
Very nice! She's quick alright!

I'm going to attempt to get in a battery (2 if I'm lucky) after work today before the sun goes down. Wish me luck!
Cheers

Good luck

Rod
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heebeegeebee View Post
very nice! She's quick alright!

I'm going to attempt to get in a battery (2 if i'm lucky) after work today before the sun goes down. Wish me luck! :d
good luck!!!