HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:20 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,149 Posts
More air to air video.

Hope you guys don't mind another video.. This one is from last Thursday.
Wing Combat II (3 min 55 sec)
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:33 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
http://vimeo.com/58803804
Very nice
And no we never mind another video. I can always watch more video of flying.
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:36 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
I used colored Trimkote from Tower Hobby. I did the build up to the taping. Then applied the adhesive trim over the tape and foam for my design. I then ironed the trim as well. Then laminated as per the instructions. It's worked very well. The guys call my Assassin "Spot" because of the big dots on the under side.
Blu
Spot almost was a bad boy today , he almost went over the fence and into the trucking company next to the field where we were flying. "Bad spot" no doggie treats for you. Spot's owner had to walk over and bring him back.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:32 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
934 Posts
Whirl: Thats what I call fun. That other "Winger" has mad skillz.

Ohh crap I glued in one servo an inch further down, than the other. When will I ever learn
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130 X stock setup
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:13 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,796 Posts
All our videos just go to show ya how hard it is to score a hit. Last week I flew with 2 five foot streamers and Jim still couldn't get me and I was just puttin around. He's a pretty good pilot too.

Spot got a new brain last night. I might be done with Orange receivers for good.

Blu
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:24 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
All our videos just go to show ya how hard it is to score a hit. Last week I flew with 2 five foot streamers and Jim still couldn't get me and I was just puttin around. He's a pretty good pilot too.

Spot got a new brain last night. I might be done with Orange receivers for good.

Blu
Good maybe Spot will be a good boy now
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:26 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,149 Posts
Blu,
When you name your dog "Spot", he's bound to chase a cat from time to time, doesn't matter if your standing there yelling at him to come back or not . There was probably a kitty over in that trucking yard . Orange rx's is all I use and most of the other park guys use them too. The only radio failures I have witnessed have all been the 72mhz AM stuff and there have been several. I would likely use real rx's if I flew anything heavier that 2-3 pounds or cost much $ though. I have read here on RCG that many guys have sworn off them for reasons of in flight failure. I wonder if the failure rate is really that much higher and if multiple hard crashes play into this? An Assassin will certainly "shock" test your electronics .

On a side note, "dawgpilot" came by the park yesterday and met up with us. His Widowmaker was waiting on parts so he didn't fly but hopefully next time. . Always nice to add new flyer's to the group. We have several new faces around lately.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:13 PM
wheeeeee!
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Oct 2011
904 Posts
You know, I'm sure it's not the highest quality stuff out there, but since the beginning, I've used the Turnigy 9x (actually, the re-branded FlySky one), and the turnigy rx's... with never a single problem with either end. The tx has more than enough functionality (and I STILL haven't flashed new firmware), and the rx's have never been bad, failed, or caused a single problem.
elCapitan is offline Find More Posts by elCapitan
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:43 PM
Dixie Sky Devils AMA# 1015548
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Oct 2012
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
http://vimeo.com/58803804
Killer vid!
tupeloflyer is offline Find More Posts by tupeloflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig T-Clips
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:53 PM
United States, IN, Granger
Joined Oct 2012
44 Posts
Nice video indeed! What camera were you using to get those shots? Sure is a beautiful location and nice flying too. Sorry if I missed it. Mike D.
VFR Rules is offline Find More Posts by VFR Rules
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1,084 Posts
Completed my first Assassin last night! can't fly because I had to have 65 cent props from HK!! no LHS around here, one in Memphis, about 1 1/2 hr's away... oh well, waiting on HK like always.... just used some cheap hoop tape to dress this one up. maybe my next one I'll do something special!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig T-Clips
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:55 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,796 Posts
I don't want to start a discussion on orange receivers here, but for me they've been a bust. My Assassin has been intermittently losing all control and power almost every flight for over a month now. Most times rapid throttle stick swings will get her going again before a crash, but I've had a few crashes anyway. Yesterday was the last straw. Last night I installed a new AR400 and flew 4 trouble free flights today! A first in a long time.
Awhile back my Minifunfighter Wildcat started having intermittent glitches as well and finally went down and was destroyed a few minutes into the flight. So my Rarebear got an AR400 as well. My planes are too important to me to chance them with another $6 Orange rx.

Blu
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:56 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1,084 Posts
They are all man made... you must have got bad ones. I'm currently running 11 orange R610's with no issues, been using for a few yrs now. The only plane I lost due to a brown out was on a spektrum 7600 with a sat. I'll buy the 6 dollar Rx's all day long!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tupeloflyer; Feb 03, 2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:37 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,149 Posts
VFR Rules,
The camera is a #16 version keychain Camera. Take HD video and does a real good job for 40 bucks

Tupeloflyer,
You can try the USA warehouse for HK stuff? I always look there first but usually go with the slow boat from china route because the stuff I want isn't all in the USA warehouse though. One thing about the electronics, its all coming from china anyway but yes, there are quality differences. It's a crap shoot to some degree. Chance of failure is always there no matter who puts their name on it. Some guys won't run any Spektum stuff even brand name. We have choices and it keeps the prices competitive if nothing else. Low cost is always my first choice and I keep going with it until I have reason not to. Looks like Blu has a good reason to change now though, hopefully, my orange rx's will not fail but I will keep a eye out for the symptoms now.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:38 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
Can also try GotHeliRC.com, RCPlaneBuilder.com and others for props in the USA.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522