HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:39 AM
Joined Apr 2014
14 Posts
Help!
Impossible to trim tx correctly

Hello!

I am using a Turnigy 9x and a Naze32 board with Baseflight.
I've noticed a problem that I can't trim the pitch to be 1500 because whenever i trim it to that value and right after move the stick around the value is now about 1475 or 1520. I trim it again, move it again and the same happens and because of this the quadcopter is always drifting to one side.

The sticks on my controller are centered (about 3 times now) and pitch is the only channel affected. I opened up my radio and tightened the screws but that didn't help.

Any ideas how to solve this?
Galaktions is offline Find More Posts by Galaktions
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:00 PM
reelflyt
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
872 Posts
Hi.

When you trimmed the TX did you go into the "sub trim" setting and adjust it there or did you use the trims on the front of the radio ?

Gordon
reelflyt is online now Find More Posts by reelflyt
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:18 PM
Joined Apr 2014
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reelflyt View Post
Hi.

When you trimmed the TX did you go into the "sub trim" setting and adjust it there or did you use the trims on the front of the radio ?

Gordon
I tried both and ended up with the same results.
When I spin the AIL/ELE stick CCW the value goes below 1500 but if I spin it CW it goes over 1500. The stick seems to change its center position.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:41 PM
United States, VA, Newport News
Joined Dec 2014
60 Posts
I have read that the gambles and pots in the turnigy radios are pretty bad about having this sort of problem after a while. How old is your radio?
Toastdude82 is offline Find More Posts by Toastdude82
Old Mar 16, 2015, 02:53 AM
Joined Apr 2014
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastdude82 View Post
I have read that the gambles and pots in the turnigy radios are pretty bad about having this sort of problem after a while. How old is your radio?
A bit over a year but a lot of times it has been just sitting in the closet while building and repairing.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 09:41 AM
United States, VA, Newport News
Joined Dec 2014
60 Posts
Old be some corrosion. Built up in the gimbal pots. You can buy new ones for just a couple dollars and they are pretty easy to replace. I read several complaints about their low quality when I was researching radios.
Toastdude82 is offline Find More Posts by Toastdude82
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:37 AM
reelflyt
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
872 Posts
Hi.

Did you set up the radio in "Heli Mode" or "Airplane Mode" . DO NOT USE HELI .
This is not a helicopter with a swash plate . Use airplane or " Acro " mode .

Gordon
reelflyt is online now Find More Posts by reelflyt
Old Mar 17, 2015, 06:34 PM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2013
619 Posts
That's the little trim pot not getting exactly back to center of the control stick gimbal, I see the same thing when setting up my rigs.

Just try to get it close; push the stick to the left and release slowly to center then adjust it so the reading is 1496, push the stick to the right and release slowly to center then adjust it to 1504.

Temperature will also affect it. If I grab my radio from my cold garage it will be 10-20 low until it warms up. Oh well, just go fly.
SirRexAlot is online now Find More Posts by SirRexAlot