Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:53 AM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,348 Posts
Discussion
Bluenoser Ambassadors (Official)

Hey Folks!!
Just wanted to make the OFFICIAL public announcement that the "Bluenoser Ambassadors - 352nd RCFG" is a fully supported and soon to be publicly performing RC team!! Our first public performance will be at SEFF 2015 with 7 members flying RC P-51s with historically accurate paint schemes that represent a different pilot from the 3 Squadrons that make up the 352nd FG. We have 7 active pilots and two back up pilots. We also have 13 FMS 1450mm P-51s and two 1700mm P-51s as well as other brands and scales to represent the Bluenosers.
Below is our bio and some stats on the actual 352nd FG. While our goal is to promote and perpetuate the history of the 352nd FG with our RC planes, we invite others to form their own groups in their region whether it be 352nd FG planes or another group who flew in aerial combat. The time is well passed due for those who fly RC warbirds to honor and pay tribute to the veterans who inspired the very aircraft we fly. Nothing's cooler than seeing several planes in the air at once with paint schemes of the same group. We hope others will join in our efforts to recognize those who put their lives on the line for their countries.

If you're on Face Book, please visit our page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/8196...7/?pnref=story

"The Bluenoser Ambassadors - 352nd RCFG"
An RC Flying Tribute To History

The Bluenoser Ambassadors are a group of 352nd FG historians who use flying RC models to "keep the memory of the 352nd FG alive and flying". The planes of the team carry historically accurate custom paint schemes with each representing a different pilot from one of the three Fighter Squadrons of the Group. Each team member knows the history of the pilot(s) they represent as well as the history of the entire Group. The narration played during their performances tells of the outstanding achievements of the Group, but the pilots also welcome the opportunity to share the stories of the Group with the public face to face, answering questions and showing the planes on static display.
The team got it's start during the 352nd FG's 2014 reunion in Huntsville, AL. On October 11th, 2014, five RC enthusiasts with a mutual respect for the 352nd FG, brought ten RC Mustangs representing various pilots of the Group to the Rocket City Radio Controllers Club for a one time event. They did a static display and two flying demonstrations for the veterans and family members of the 352nd FG. The idea was to show them what exactly each member did on their own when flying at various clubs and events. Perpetuating the history and sharing it with the public. It was met with great "Thanks", and was such an honor for the team that it was decided right there and then to continue performing as a group. Whenever and where ever they could assemble with two or more members from the team.
The mission of the team is to attend as many RC flying and static display events as possible, and share the history of the 352nd FG and it's outstanding achievements during WWII. Currently there are 7 members on the team and a total of 13 P-51 Mustangs of the FMS brand, 1450mm series. There are also two FMS 1700mm series Mustangs on the team as well as several various brands and smaller size models. Each plane is also accompanied by a data sheet with the history of the pilot it represents.
Be looking for them at an RC event near you!!
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2015, 01:36 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,810 Posts
Very cool idea. If someone is willing to put in the work Durafly would be honored to donate a 1100mm P-51D for repainting.

Moonbeam, how is that with you?

S

PS will there be a tribute at Joe Nall this year too? I'll be there and would love to feature it on our Youtube channel.
stuart warne is online now Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Savex Spitfire Progress
Old Feb 18, 2015, 04:38 PM
352nd FG Association
Joined Mar 2004
4,348 Posts
For the repaint you got it!!!! Sounds great!!!!!

Not sure yet if the team members can make it to Joe Nall, but most likely E-Nall. If I can make Joe Nall I'll be there but it's also my daughter's birthday on May 17th.

Here's some Moonbeam McSwine planes I've done, so I'd be super glad to do up a Durafly for you!!!

Our member "Alrus1" has a Durafly done as "Hell-er Bust". He's going to post a pic for you.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 04:43 PM
352nd FGA
USA, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2006
674 Posts
yes!

Good job captain!
Alrus1 is online now Find More Posts by Alrus1
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2015, 04:49 PM
352nd FGA
USA, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2006
674 Posts
Here is my Durafly 1100mm ex "Ferocious Frankie" , now "Hell-er Bust"
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2015, 09:24 PM
Soli Deo Gloria
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Jan 2012
359 Posts
Derik, a FB request has been sent. You guys are doing great!
GhostStone is offline Find More Posts by GhostStone
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:54 AM
352nd FG Association
Joined Mar 2004
4,348 Posts
Stuart,
I sent you a PM in response to yours. Thanks!!!!

Ghost,
I'll get on that in a few minutes. Thanks for friending us!!!

Alrus1,
Nice job on Hell-er Bust!!!!!! AND, I vote you bring Miss Helen to SEFF!!!!!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 07:27 AM
352nd FGA
USA, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2006
674 Posts
For SEFF my list is 1700mm - "Little Rebel"
1400mm - "Petie 2nd"
"Miss Helen"
"Little One III"
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2015, 01:13 AM
352nd FG Association
Joined Mar 2004
4,348 Posts
AMA Magazine Feature!

Found out today our team will be featured in the May issue of Model Aviation due out in April!!!

Boy I hope we do a good job at SEFF!!!!!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 02:00 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,240 Posts
Great idea! SEFF is on the wrong coast for me, but I'll be watching for updates.
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Feb 28, 2015, 08:36 AM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
2,284 Posts
Really, really cool. I'm sure the surviving members of the 352nd love what you're doing.

BTW any word/sight of Moonbeam McSwine since it was sold to a new owner in France?
Hard to believe it's been almost 5 years since I sat in her as she was being disassembled for shipment.
cheers!
Kurt

Here are a few pics of MM, and my dearly departed Petie 2 doing some low passes
Kurt is online now Find More Posts by Kurt
Last edited by Kurt; Feb 28, 2015 at 08:42 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:04 PM
Soli Deo Gloria
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Jan 2012
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
Found out today our team will be featured in the May issue of Model Aviation due out in April!!!

Boy I hope we do a good job at SEFF!!!!!
That is awesome news! You guys are doing a great job! I have everything I need including Callie graphics for Straw Boss 2. I plan on working on my e-flite P-51D tonight and tomorrow so I will post pics soon.
GhostStone is offline Find More Posts by GhostStone
Old Mar 01, 2015, 09:43 PM
352nd FG Association
Joined Mar 2004
4,348 Posts
Awesome you guys!!

Xmech,
We'll try to get stuff posted as soon as we can while there. Usually Jim Graham does a good job.

Ghost,
You better post pics!!!! I can't wait to see Straw Boss 2! No one has done that plane yet!

Kurt,
I know it's still there, and has flown in the last few Duxford airshows. In fact it has a featured solo performance on the "2013 Duxford Flying Legends" DVD. Hoping to purchase that soon!!
Old Mar 01, 2015, 10:20 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,240 Posts
Moonbeam, are you trying to get the DVD from www.FlyingmachinesTV.co.uk? I emailed them once asking about compatability with US players, international shipping, and such, but got no response. Please let me know if you have better luck.
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Mar 04, 2015, 07:10 PM
352nd FG Association
Joined Mar 2004
4,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
Moonbeam, are you trying to get the DVD from www.FlyingmachinesTV.co.uk? I emailed them once asking about compatability with US players, international shipping, and such, but got no response. Please let me know if you have better luck.
Can't remember, but I know it works on US DVD players. I watched the one I had probably a thousand times til it mysteriously disappeared.