HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2007, 02:58 PM
Joined Nov 2006
19 Posts
Discussion
no time to get to the park but need a plane

I am looking for an RTF plane 3 channels or 4 that can be flown in a small area out side. I have 2 small kids so I have no time to get to a park to fly, but I have an area about the size of an infield of a ball diamond to fly in. I was hoping that some one could suggest a good plane for this . Thanks
GABuckeye is offline Find More Posts by GABuckeye
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Aerobatic or slow flyer? Have a look at the Mini IFO for something that can fly in a tiny area, is aerobatic and is very durable.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:38 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,583 Posts
Do you have calm winds and whats your budget and experiance? Butch
Butch777 is offline Find More Posts by Butch777
Old Apr 16, 2007, 03:17 PM
Joined Nov 2006
19 Posts
Budget is around $200. I have had lots of time with 2 channel airplanes and simulators. The winds are usually calm because of the amount of very tall pine trees through out the subdivision.
GABuckeye is offline Find More Posts by GABuckeye
Old Apr 16, 2007, 03:39 PM
AMA#900532
United States, TX, West Point
Joined Sep 2006
1,232 Posts
I'd say something like that new Cessna thats coming out, I watched the video of it, looks nice for what you want.
rifleman_btx is offline Find More Posts by rifleman_btx
Old Apr 16, 2007, 03:43 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman_btx
I'd say something like that new Cessna thats coming out, I watched the video of it, looks nice for what you want.
If its like the wattage cessna then it will be way to fast for his flyign area... plus turns are fairly wide unless you dont mind tip stalls...

Maybe a FIDGET.... built lite they are very slow and are completely 3d... takes awhile to build.... but are decent size and slow to a brisk walking pace and turn on a dime.... nice for avoiding those tree's...
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Apr 16, 2007, 04:09 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
to bad it has to be RTF. As GWS has several planes that will work.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Apr 16, 2007, 04:11 PM
Purples a fruit
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
SUPERFLY

superflyrc.com
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:12 PM
No Guts, No Glory
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Feb 2007
2,024 Posts
the Slow-V from Parkzone is an ok plane if you don't mind brushed motors and NIMH batteries but if you fly 2ch planes then this would be a good intermediate plane. Believe it or not, it flyes slow, it can fly in confined areas and fits your budget and their are also better batteries for more performance and add on features that are lots of fun and you can play around with your kids with like the Arial Combat Module.

http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_planes_parkzone_slo-v.htm
flyin C is offline Find More Posts by flyin C
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:14 PM
AMA#900532
Joined Sep 2006
1,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATIS
If its like the wattage cessna then it will be way to fast for his flyign area... plus turns are fairly wide unless you dont mind tip stalls...

Maybe a FIDGET.... built lite they are very slow and are completely 3d... takes awhile to build.... but are decent size and slow to a brisk walking pace and turn on a dime.... nice for avoiding those tree's...
Naw, it's the parkzone micro cessna. I also like the superflee/superfly as well.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 09:48 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,453 Posts
I realize it is the PZ cessna but wing loading is what determines the speed needed to keep a plane in the air... when you get into small full fuse planes you start getting into high wing loading.... thats were my concern came in from... PZ makes the Stryker C... not exactly a slow flyer....
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:10 PM
AMA#900532
Joined Sep 2006
1,232 Posts
Yeah, I know. I didn't think that micobird would break 20mph. They're not much more than the little 2ch airhog as far as power, but way better designed. In the video that I watched, they were flying it in a gym, that's why I figured if they can go in there, it shouldn't have a problem in that small of space. I've heard alot about the strykers, and they are some fast SOB's.