SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 08, 2014, 07:25 PM
Small Change
United States, WA, Bremerton
Joined Jan 2014
17 Posts
Discussion
Clearview Forum

I registered as a new user at the Clearview forum yesterday and was waiting for my confirmation email. Instead, I received this private message:

"Well Chris,

Seems that you are into fords and dogs. This forum is for flight simulators only, any mention of these and you will be banned.

Also you MUST complete your profile with sensible answers or you will be deleted. There have been too many spam attacks on this forum to pussyfoot around.

Tom. (site admin)"

I have no clue what Tom is talking about. I couldn't post as my registration wasn't completed.

Has anyone else had an experience like this over there? This is something new to me.
cmcewen is online now Find More Posts by cmcewen
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:31 AM
Small Change
United States, WA, Bremerton
Joined Jan 2014
17 Posts
Please be aware

I am getting more and more concerned regarding the clearview forum adminstrator. Tombo242 tells me that the reason he threatened me with expulsion for posting off topic messages was from a websearch of my email address. and said that evidently I was into dogs and fords.

I did the same and came up with posts asking for help in repairing my deceased mother's 1985 Ford Tempo and with training my puppy. These posts were from 2004 and 2005! And, of course, were not made on the clearview forum.

Mind you that this all took place before I was even validated on the forum. I have yet to post a message there.

Evidently the administrator does a background check, or at least a preliminary one, on new registrants of his forum. I can't imagine why or what state of mind brings a stranger to do this but thought others should know.
cmcewen is online now Find More Posts by cmcewen