SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:10 AM
United States, VA, Forest
Joined Nov 2009
282 Posts
Got them Vic. Thanks. Hope to be there. May even come down to watch the pylon.

John
Rubbernecker is offline Find More Posts by Rubbernecker
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:39 AM
United States, KS, Leavenworth
Joined Mar 2013
9 Posts
I still need to attach my elevator and secure my battery but other then that its finished. I just got ahold of a 1990's cox spyder also. Cant wait for it to come in the mail. Other then that im working on buildeing a tower hobies fun p-51.
Galaxy5151 is offline Find More Posts by Galaxy5151
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:57 PM
Valdese NC
Joined May 2004
387 Posts
I see a conventional tail QuickShot there! Be glad you did both ailerons. I did mine with one and found it very lacking till I did major work on it.

I sold the last QuickShot last week. If there ends up being enough interest I can see about getting a run burn. I do have plenty of HoleShot and WamBop Q500s if anyone wants to move up a few sizes.
vic welland is offline Find More Posts by vic welland
Old Oct 23, 2013, 09:10 PM
Joined Mar 2013
9 Posts
well its been a busy summer for me. Finally getting back in the airplane game. I did " attempt" to fly the littlest stick but I think shes a little to heavy. I am going to change out servos and receiver. I was curious what type of receiver battery you guys are using on the 10"-15" span planes. I am using a 4cell fairly small battery(1.5" x 1" x .5") but i think it might be whats really weighing me down. Let me know what you guys think, I really want to get this thing flying.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:17 AM
Joined Oct 2004
211 Posts
The Pee Wee will fly 10 > 11 oz. What chemistry and Mah is your bat. What does the total aircraft weigh in oz or grams.
skaliwag is offline Find More Posts by skaliwag
Last edited by skaliwag; Oct 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: afterthough
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:24 AM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jan 2013
624 Posts
Some time back with the then smaller systems like the Cannon 810, a 150 mAH battery pack and two mini-servos was standard. The 1.5"x1"x.5" still sounds a little heavy (4 AA pencells?). Mine flew then as single channel on an Adams Baby Twin magentic actuator and a 110 mAH 3V battery, with a Cox .020 Pee Wee as power.

Try a lighter battery pack. Cox .020's have a short run with their small tanks. With the Pee Wee I was getting like 1-1/2 minutes on the Cox 4"x2" prop, 2-1/2 minutes with a Top Flite 5-1/4x3 prop. A standard capacity receiver battery is unnecessary.
GallopingGhostlr is offline Find More Posts by GallopingGhostlr
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2013, 07:49 PM
Joined Mar 2013
9 Posts
I honestly haven't weighed it yet. I ordered a scale over the long weekend so hopefully it will be here by the end of the week. I think I have devised a plan to use a eflite 1s to eliminate battery issue. I'm not sure if this will eventually fry the receiver or not but i think its worth a shot. I will let you guys know. Thanks alot
Old Dec 09, 2013, 09:27 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy5151 View Post
well its been a busy summer for me. Finally getting back in the airplane game. I did " attempt" to fly the littlest stick but I think shes a little to heavy. I am going to change out servos and receiver. I was curious what type of receiver battery you guys are using on the 10"-15" span planes. I am using a 4cell fairly small battery(1.5" x 1" x .5") but i think it might be whats really weighing me down. Let me know what you guys think, I really want to get this thing flying.
I was flying the Littlest stick using 100mah four cell nicad packs. I made the pack myself using little cells. One can make a smaller nicad pack using the cells found inside a 9v rechargeable transister radio battery too. If I remember those are like 50 to 70mah cells. For the Littlest stick I had to use dual rates on my TX and dial it way down so that the elevator and rudder had something like 1/16 inch throws or less. Hand launching with a tiny Tee Dee .010 engine tended to be a bit hairy, as you had to nurse it until it got up to speed The little .010 engine doesn't have much thrust or pull to it, so you have to keep the plane level until it gets up to speed. Plus the engine tends to run out of fuel from the Gee Forces, if you launch it too vigorously too, so you sort of have to be careful.

At the time the micro servos were around 15 to 17 grams. I would remove the receiver case, cut the 72mhz antenna off to be more short and retune the receiver RF section for the shorter antenna length. Then using 50mah to 100 mah nicad cells dropped the weight down even more. I forget which iron on covering was more light, maybe it was Solartex at the time, but it helps too.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Dec 10, 2013, 04:08 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,432 Posts
Nimh cells are lighter more capacity for the same size such 50mah nicad series cell is 120 mah as a nimh cell as I recall. Also most rx can function fine with a single 1S lipo if you use 2.4ghz range should be reasonable. The new 1.6v AAA cells perhaps there are the HV cells in smaller sizes. 3 cells will now give you 4.8v vs the old 1.2v 4 cell pack.
Amp Abuser is offline Find More Posts by Amp Abuser
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:14 PM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jan 2013
624 Posts
With the Coverite Microlite and Coverlite products would help to reduce weight. I covered my Littlest Stik (LS) in Pactra Solarfilm on the wings and Monokote on the fuselage some time back, so it weighs a little more.

earlwb, similar to what you mentioned, I recalled others using 4.8V 100ma nicad batteries when using systems like Bill Cannon's 810 small digital systems. Back then, the micro servos were larger. Wow, it's amazing how far we've come along in the technology. It was what, almost 40 years ago?

I was considering on doing a digital conversion of my LS, but with my other vintage RC builds, think I'll retain it as a single channel Ace R/C Pulse Commander system. I just need to re-sew the Adams Baby Twin actuator back in place. It will fly under 27 MHz, with the additional system I procured on E-Bay several years ago. I will retain the Cox .020 Pee Wee power for it.

If I do an electric build in future, I will start from scratch.
GallopingGhostlr is offline Find More Posts by GallopingGhostlr
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2014, 10:58 PM
Joined Mar 2013
9 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am getting a lot of options that I am considering. I did get a little side-tracked. I'm just finishing up a House of Balsa extra 300. Waiting on a norvel .074 to show up in the mail and then I think I will put all my effort into my littlest stick. I have several Ideas that I am going to have to consult you guys with lol. Snow covered here in Kansas, not much flying going on. I have really been considering ordering skis for my .46
Old May 02, 2014, 07:42 PM
Joined Jul 2011
4 Posts
jr falcon

[QUOTE=Rubbernecker;24235801]Guys, let me know what you want. I have short kits of Jr Falcon Do u have any JR FALCON KITS in stock if so how much $$$ and shipping to Queensland Australia
gsam53 is offline Find More Posts by gsam53
Old May 03, 2014, 11:56 AM
Sailaire brethren
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Aug 2013
230 Posts
If that doesn't work you might try mini bell by peck poly. It is a little smaller than jr falcon but since it was modeled after sr falcon it is sort of still in family
RV Winkle is offline Find More Posts by RV Winkle