HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2014, 05:04 PM
AMA 1046820
United States, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2013
1,114 Posts
What servos were you using Bravedan? Sonds like there is some issues with the gearing in the case.
Powerdyne is offline Find More Posts by Powerdyne
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Alees Rush 750 Evo Build log.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2014, 07:04 AM
Foam Rules, Gravity Sucks
Bromley, England
Joined Nov 2006
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerdyne View Post
What servos were you using Bravedan? Sonds like there is some issues with the gearing in the case.
The same ones as my other three 500's, all of which till this episode on the fourth 500 install from new have done sterling service, Turnigy MG930's on cyclics and GoTech coreless on tails. The other three 500s are not FBL, two have GY401, one a GY501, My earliest 500 with these servos is into ripe old age, and has been perfect for my flying style, which is more smooth aerobatic than full on hardcore 3D, Tic Tocs is about as extreme as I get.

I don't think the cyclic servo fault was mechanical, or at least solely so, it had smooth and silent gearing, just totally reluctant to move as commanded until given a little "prod" in either direction, when it completed the move accurately and stopped. Fact was, the machines running vibration was mostly keeping it going, so it exhibited as just very occasional random false "pulses" of servo movement, easily misread as a dodgy gyro.

Seems to me the signal was correct, just insufficient power unless "kick started".

I have stripped the faulty servo, found nothing at all mechanically evident.

For now I'm putting the cyclic servo fault down to just chance, and buying like for like. The tail servo was just a missed tolerance issue when the servo horn screw was tightened right up.
Bravedan is offline Find More Posts by Bravedan
Old Oct 10, 2014, 06:38 AM
Foam Rules, Gravity Sucks
Bromley, England
Joined Nov 2006
386 Posts
Servo arrived, fitted and Heli flown through a complete battery in back garden in a 15-25mph swirling wind, flew perfectly.

And............... Today 15th I managed to get it to the club field.

All sorted, could be thrown around in high speed forward flight, straight into vertical rotor full "elevator" turns, clean smooth loops................ total hold in all directions. rock solid tail and pitch handling.
Bravedan is offline Find More Posts by Bravedan
Last edited by Bravedan; Oct 15, 2014 at 01:14 PM.