SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

MRM MinimOSD BLACK

SImple Cheap OSD

Splash

Versatile OSD Board for $15

The MRM MinimOSD Black board is based on the older MinimOSD hardware, but has been modified to take advantage of custom firmware options. You can choose firmware that is MAVLink compatible for ArduCopter, or MultiWii Serial compatible for MultiWii and Baseflight control boards. You can connect two batteries up to 4S so you can see the main flight battery voltage as well as your FPV battery voltage on the display. There is a pin for analog or digital PWM RSSI and a connection where you can attach a current sensor. It's a pretty versatile OSD board for only $15.

Check out the MinimOSD Black at MultiRotorMania.

Old Jan 07, 2015, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by punkindrublik
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
10,333 Posts
Awesome!

Thanks for the plug Jason!

More good stuff to come!
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV is NOT A CRIME!
Old Jan 07, 2015, 03:22 PM
Find More Posts by ttabbal
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Jan 2012
2,871 Posts
Looks like a nice MinimOSD board. Always nice to have more options. For stand-alone users, it would be nice if the I2C pics were broken out. I had to solder to the chip legs to get a barro sensor added to mine. Perhaps an option for a future run?
ttabbal is online now Find More Posts by ttabbal
Old Jan 08, 2015, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by MultiRotorMania
Get the goods on MultiRotors
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Sep 2014
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttabbal View Post
Looks like a nice MinimOSD board. Always nice to have more options. For stand-alone users, it would be nice if the I2C pics were broken out. I had to solder to the chip legs to get a barro sensor added to mine. Perhaps an option for a future run?
This is a good suggestion, and we will consider it
MultiRotorMania is offline Find More Posts by MultiRotorMania
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2015, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by Dizzee
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2014
66 Posts
Could you please tell me what the difference is between this version and the MinimOSD w/ KV Team Mod v1.0 Ready to Fly Quads sells?
Dizzee is online now Find More Posts by Dizzee
Old Jan 09, 2015, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by punkindrublik
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
10,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzee View Post
Could you please tell me what the difference is between this version and the MinimOSD w/ KV Team Mod v1.0 Ready to Fly Quads sells?
Ours has the correct markings on it (Witespys has errors). Other than that, it runs the same firmware.

Oh, and you'll get it in just a couple of days. Good luck with that at RTFQ
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV is NOT A CRIME!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 05:16 PM
Find More Posts by joe559
dry your eyes and go fly
United States, CA
Joined Aug 2013
1,020 Posts
^ soooo true
joe559 is online now Find More Posts by joe559
Old Jan 13, 2015, 02:14 PM
Find More Posts by umdpru
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Jun 2006
1,801 Posts
Quote:
Oh, and you'll get it in just a couple of days. Good luck with that at RTFQ
So true. I just bought two from RTFQ before I knew this one was available. It's $5 more, though. I'll just have to wait the two weeks to get the things shipped from FL to MA.
umdpru is offline Find More Posts by umdpru
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2015, 06:08 PM
Find More Posts by Deserteagle
USA, Mt, Great Falls
Joined Nov 2006
1,437 Posts
Will it work well with dragon link rssi and how would I go about hooking that up?
Deserteagle is online now Find More Posts by Deserteagle
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:17 AM
Joined Sep 2014
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
Will it work well with dragon link rssi and how would I go about hooking that up?
It works best with analog RSSI output. If your dragonlink receiver does analog RSSI out, you would connect that to the RSSI pin on the OSD, then calibrate and configure using the GUI for whichever OSD firmware you choose.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:43 AM
Joined Jan 2012
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiRotorMania View Post
It works best with analog RSSI output. If your dragonlink receiver does analog RSSI out, you would connect that to the RSSI pin on the OSD, then calibrate and configure using the GUI for whichever OSD firmware you choose.
I've gotten conflicting reports on the firmwares. Can I use a minim with a flight controller but still have the RSSI connected to the OSD? I'm having issues getting my FC to read the RSSI (analog). So if I can just connect it to the OSD, that solves my problem. Which firmware can do that, if one can? I'd like to get the rest of the data from the FC.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:51 AM
Joined Sep 2014
147 Posts
Quote:
I've gotten conflicting reports on the firmwares. Can I use a minim with a flight controller but still have the RSSI connected to the OSD? I'm having issues getting my FC to read the RSSI (analog). So if I can just connect it to the OSD, that solves my problem. Which firmware can do that, if one can? I'd like to get the rest of the data from the FC.
What flight controller are you using?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:49 AM
Joined Jan 2012
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiRotorMania View Post
What flight controller are you using?

Taulabs flying F3. At the moment anyway. I was setting it to use MavLink to connect to the minimOSD. I might still get it to read more analog inputs, it has them, but there's a code issue with it. So I was just considering options and saw your mention of using the RSSI input on the OSD.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:47 PM
Joined Sep 2014
147 Posts
Quote:
Taulabs flying F3. At the moment anyway. I was setting it to use MavLink to connect to the minimOSD. I might still get it to read more analog inputs, it has them, but there's a code issue with it. So I was just considering options and saw your mention of using the RSSI input on the OSD.
When using Mavlink, the firmware does not take advantage of ANY of the KVMod pins (RSSI or voltage inputs). All data comes over the mavlink data stream.

You would need to inject RSSI signal into your Taulabs somehow, and then configure it to send that data thru to the OSD.

The KVMods (RSSI, Batt1, Batt2, Current sensor) are only used with KVOSD & MWOSD firmware which connects to Baseflight/cleanflight or MultiWii flight control boards.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2015, 01:31 PM
Find More Posts by Deserteagle
USA, Mt, Great Falls
Joined Nov 2006
1,437 Posts
RSSI is really important to most people with these from what I gather. Dragon link RSSI is analog so I'm going to pick one of these up and see how it does because my current OSD is a pain in the ass for RSSI hookup.

OH! can I run the whole board via 5v instead of 5v 12v? I have a mavlink 2.0 that I modded to run just from the 5v side.

I'm putting it into a x350pro so I'll do a full write up on it for the new guys over in that thread so they can buy it and put it in. I know many have gone with the minumOSD in the past but this board just looks better all the way around. The walkera Devo-M is a bastardized version of APM so the same minimosd-extra firmware will be used.
Deserteagle is online now Find More Posts by Deserteagle
Last edited by Deserteagle; Jan 24, 2015 at 01:41 PM.