New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2014, 03:49 PM
Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Nov 2014
2,141 Posts
Discussion
I am not a smart man...

So today I figured I would fly my P51 again, which I did with little mishaps. There was a jerk at the air field but that's not the matter at hand here. So I put the plane away and go home. Realizing it was only 2pm and I had the rest of the day off I figured I would fly the micro P51 in this little field by my house, ran four batteries through it and come home. As soon as I open the door a strong electrical burn smell hits me, when I realized my terrible mistake. I never unplugged the other P51 which was still bound to my tx so it was still trying to fly.Thank god I put it nose first against this hard wood pillar inside the house. It appeared that the propeller broke off before any real damage occurred. Though I'm thankful that my house didn't burn down and none of my pets were hurt. Still sucks because I was so excited about flying. I think I'm going to stick with the micro P51 for now until I can validate to myself why I should spend another 110 bucks.
ApexpretadorGT is offline Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2014, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by GradyLee
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
2,113 Posts
We've all been there. In the days of the 72 transmitters I had two planes on the same frequency and forgot to take the battery out of one of them before "cranking up" the second. The first, an off-brand 109, was sitting on the pavement facing me when I hit the throttle for the second. I heard the 109 coming at me just in time to kill the throttle and get out of the way . . .
GradyLee is online now Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Dec 12, 2014, 05:11 PM
Find More Posts by CF105
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,823 Posts
Everyone makes mistakes & screws up. The smart ones are those that make an effort to not repeat them!
CF105 is online now Find More Posts by CF105
Old Dec 12, 2014, 05:14 PM
Joined Nov 2014
2,141 Posts
It's funny you mention that because when I was driving away I said to myself "dang I forgot to unplug the battery." But I was like eh forget it, the guy was a total jerk at the air field so I was kind of bothered by him. Took a lot of restraint not to confront him but I prefer not acting like a child.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by FLTRI
Der Schaum-Krieg-Vogel Piloten
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
1,530 Posts
Sorry to hear about the P-51, sounded like you were really enjoying it. What happened at the field?
FLTRI is online now Find More Posts by FLTRI
Old Dec 12, 2014, 07:30 PM
Joined Nov 2014
2,141 Posts
Some jerk flying a big jet got all pissy because we almost collided. I was just doing regular ovals and he was every where going probably over 100 mph. He acted like he owned the park and said to me "you better keep that piece of junk out of the way of my 20,000$ plane unless you want a problem." In some ways I wish he would of made a physical attempt at me lol. I was in the army for 8 years served multiple combat tours and participated in every martial art school I could attend so I know a thing or two of hand to hand combat. The guy was very arrogant and rude, the few other pilots kind of looked uncomfortable around him.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 08:41 PM
Find More Posts by no name dame
P-51's are my passion
United States, MO, Jefferson City
Joined Apr 2013
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpretadorGT View Post
Some jerk flying a big jet got all pissy because we almost collided. I was just doing regular ovals and he was every where going probably over 100 mph. He acted like he owned the park and said to me "you better keep that piece of junk out of the way of my 20,000$ plane unless you want a problem." In some ways I wish he would of made a physical attempt at me lol. I was in the army for 8 years served multiple combat tours and participated in every martial art school I could attend so I know a thing or two of hand to hand combat. The guy was very arrogant and rude, the few other pilots kind of looked uncomfortable around him.

I really enjoy making jerks like that ...well not like that any longer
no name dame is offline Find More Posts by no name dame
Old Dec 12, 2014, 08:49 PM
Joined Nov 2014
2,141 Posts
Is this P51 any good? The tower hobbies plane is really good but it's kind of big for my house this one has a 25 inch wing span so it'll be easier to store and transport

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ickAccessories
Old Dec 12, 2014, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by Shell shock 2
Warbirdman
United States, MN, Plymouth
Joined Mar 2013
229 Posts
Lame
He will get his.

With great power comes great responsibity.
82nd airborne,93'
Shell shock 2 is offline Find More Posts by Shell shock 2
Old Dec 12, 2014, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by FLTRI
Der Schaum-Krieg-Vogel Piloten
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Is this P51 any good? The tower hobbies plane is really good but it's kind of big for my house this one has a 25 inch wing span so it'll be easier to store and transport

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ickAccessories
Nice plane, hugely overpriced. Also not without it's share of problems.

Cheaper P-51, slightly bigger, and a fantastic flier: http://www.motionrc.com/fms-p-51-mus...-wingspan-pnp/

Same size warbird as the one you asked about, half the price, and much better quality. They don't have a Mustang though: http://www.nitroplanes.com/texarf.html

Receivers with a stabilizer for either plane, that works with your Tx: http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...product_id=106
FLTRI is online now Find More Posts by FLTRI
Old Dec 12, 2014, 09:10 PM
Find More Posts by Shell shock 2
Warbirdman
United States, MN, Plymouth
Joined Mar 2013
229 Posts
E flite=good support
Good indoor/outdoor.
Shell shock 2 is offline Find More Posts by Shell shock 2
Old Dec 12, 2014, 09:42 PM
Find More Posts by cmdl
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
10,001 Posts
Quote:
Some jerk flying a big jet got all pissy because we almost collided.
he's an idiot and needs to be told so.

i still don't get though how you had the other P-51 plugged to a batt. remember, always unplug a model from its batt when you're done flying it. then turn off your Tx. do not turn off your Tx until all models are unplugged from their batts.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:12 PM
Joined Nov 2014
2,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
Nice plane, hugely overpriced. Also not without it's share of problems.

Cheaper P-51, slightly bigger, and a fantastic flier: http://www.motionrc.com/fms-p-51-mus...-wingspan-pnp/

Same size warbird as the one you asked about, half the price, and much better quality. They don't have a Mustang though: http://www.nitroplanes.com/texarf.html

Receivers with a stabilizer for either plane, that works with your Tx: http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...product_id=106
Hey man that motionrc P51 looks sharp! I like that it has the landing gear and fuel tanks! I still have my spektrum receiver will that work in that plane?

I tested the TH P51 and the esc is fried, the lipo pack puffed up also ugh. I feel like an idiot leaving that thing plugged in.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:26 PM
Joined Nov 2014
2,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell shock 2 View Post
Lame
He will get his.

With great power comes great responsibity.
82nd airborne,93'
Nice brother. 101st airborne here OEF 8 and 10
Old Dec 13, 2014, 08:32 AM
Find More Posts by Davy101
United States, KS, Leavenworth
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
Have you considered the Flyzone aircore line? Modular with the power core, inexpensive airframes and great fliers. Cathy II is a winner. I fly on an Any link 2. Works great.
Davy101 is offline Find More Posts by Davy101