Old Sep 02, 2015, 08:23 PM
Find More Posts by Robert4613
Is it spring yet?
United States, UT, Vernal
Joined Nov 2014
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar31 View Post
That's the ESC for the Apprentice S so that helps a lot.

I have another battery which was used between 11 and 12 minutes with the same style flying where the cells test out at 3.93/3.93/3.94 so that works out to about 18 minutes of moderately aggressive flying. OBTW, this was my maiden with only my mentor taking off the first time. I did the landing and two successive flights. We passed the transmitter and no buddy box/trainer setup.
Great job! We love to hear success stories. You have quite possibly picked one of "the best" trainer planes out there to learn to fly on. Keep up the good work! Also, if you ever do crash don't worry too much, these planes are durable and can easily be repaired. Just don't ask me how I know.😊
Robert4613 is offline Find More Posts by Robert4613
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2015, 11:28 PM
Find More Posts by SilverSport
25th year Newbie
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Dec 2014
500 Posts
I pulled the battery out this weekend after my first flight which was 10 minutes, my Zippy 3000 20C had 65% left in it. I too have gone beyond 16 minutes and not pulled into the hanger below storage voltage. In the 80 - 100 flights I have so far on the apprentice I have yet to hit LVC, but then I keep an eye on how my batteries are doing each day I fly, usually I am conservative in time for first flight then will lengthen for later flights, I really don't like looking up for more than 15 minutes at a time, so usually that is tops for me.
SilverSport is offline Find More Posts by SilverSport
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
Find More Posts by BoxCar31
Perpetual Noob
United States, NC, Arden
Joined May 2015
145 Posts
The plane is everything it is reported to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert4613 View Post
Great job! We love to hear success stories. You have quite possibly picked one of "the best" trainer planes out there to learn to fly on. Keep up the good work! Also, if you ever do crash don't worry too much, these planes are durable and can easily be repaired. Just don't ask me how I know.😊
The plane is everything it is reported to be, a great flyer and floater. The field we have here near Asheville is unique in that it is on a bluff overlooking the French Broad River. The flying area extends out over the river valley with the nearest trees at least a 1/2 mile away so no magnetic attraction there.
BoxCar31 is online now Find More Posts by BoxCar31
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM
Find More Posts by Robert4613
Is it spring yet?
United States, UT, Vernal
Joined Nov 2014
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar31 View Post
The plane is everything it is reported to be, a great flyer and floater. The field we have here near Asheville is unique in that it is on a bluff overlooking the French Broad River. The flying area extends out over the river valley with the nearest trees at least a 1/2 mile away so no magnetic attraction there.
I would love to see some videos of your flight in that area. These planes do great with a cam onboard, I've even heard that they do very well with FPV as well.

Somewhere in my blogs you'll find one of my videos where I was flying over the Green River at the south end of McCoy Flats, which is one of my favorite areas to fly in.
Robert4613 is offline Find More Posts by Robert4613
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM
Find More Posts by xraysrt6
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jul 2015
37 Posts
Hey boxcar glad to see you got the apprentice up in the air it def is one of the best trainers I have ever flown. The landing approach from the left is always fun do to the drop off at the end of the runway creating a nice little up draft most days. Look forward to seeing you out there.

Paul
xraysrt6 is offline Find More Posts by xraysrt6