New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 17, 2015, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by Ozzy37
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Well I've heard back from the supplier where I ordered the plane from, they aren't going to be able to help me, so now I'm in the process of trying to find suitable substitutes. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Still want to get this in the air this weekend. I'm chomping at the bit to put her through her paces.

V/R

Oz
Ozzy37 is offline Find More Posts by Ozzy37
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Help Devil 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy37 View Post
Cyclone kinda followed your advice but also got a screw/bolt guage. Found that I'm missing three of the 2.5 X 8mm used for the cabane struts. Lucky me I get to hunt for a suitable sub. Want to try to get it in the air this weekend.

V/R
Oz

Gentleman, This isn't my first Rodeo I've been building for over 20 years. I'm missing five of the P 2.5 X 8mm screws, three for the cabanes and two for the spinner. I can change spinners but I still need the screws for the cabanes. Contacted the vendor and they were no help. Sent an email to Dynam, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for an answer. Can anyone suggest a suitable substitute in SAE size. Have called almost all hardware stores in the area with no luck. So does anyone have any ideas? Would really like to get this bird in the air this weekend.

V/R
Oz
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:35 PM
Find More Posts by oceanway99
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2012
655 Posts
get some small cotter pins and use those instead of screws, or run some wire thru and twist it tight. Will get you in the air until you can get screws....you don't have any old servo screws that will work?
oceanway99 is offline Find More Posts by oceanway99
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:50 AM
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
No Maiden Yet

Due to illness had to stop assembly for a couple of days. Got back at it and discovered two more issues, of the push rods supplied two are short by at least an inch and the clevis cannot be adjusted to compensate. Two fixes for this, new push rods or I could go old school and cut off 1 inch of each end of the push rods and then use a carbon fiber tube I have on hand, cut to length and then use sewing thread wrapped around the cut off end of push for and CF tube then CA it on. Pro; Strength. Possible Con; Weight, but it tends to be nose heavy anyway so that could turn to the pro side.

Second issue, rudder servo gears are stripped. Found this just by operating the servo without a load on it. I might have a fix on hand, Hitec HS-81 Micro's. Just have to measure for fit.

V/R

Oz
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:34 AM
Find More Posts by otherhalf2
New Zealand, Marlborough, Blenheim
Joined Jun 2012
624 Posts
Just about completed my assembly and only issues were two screws missing and for some strange reason the y harness was hooked up to the elev/rudder which caught me out as I had to remove the bottom wing to unhook it and wire up to the rx. The main annoyance was the Esc. It has the dreaded stop/start which is the same as my Dynam Tempest had so I'm going to have to replace it. Just as well I have a spare 60amp
You would think Dynam would have sourced better Escs by now. Looking forward to maidening it
otherhalf2 is offline Find More Posts by otherhalf2