Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:09 PM
Joined May 2010
50 Posts
My p-51 (4 channel) has come in at just over 97g with everything in it!!! 20g lighter than my Zero, and the only difference is the motor.
SkydiverDriver is offline Find More Posts by SkydiverDriver
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:34 AM
Brisbane Australia
Joined Sep 2009
31 Posts
OK after all this time the planes are still not available in any other country than USA. It appears they dont want to reply to our nemails or want our business so I discovered the manufacturer in China will sell direct to non-USA customers...just google gravity warbird corsair. Looks like its chaeper than Gravity anyway! Talk about crappy customer service!!
dunbar58 is offline Find More Posts by dunbar58
Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:48 AM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,597 Posts
Hi Dunbar

The only one I could find is this one, and it's way bigger than a Gravity Cox, see the specs.
http://tbmodel.en.made-in-china.com/...plane-Kit.html

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunbar58 View Post
OK after all this time the planes are still not available in any other country than USA. It appears they dont want to reply to our nemails or want our business so I discovered the manufacturer in China will sell direct to non-USA customers...just google gravity warbird corsair. Looks like its chaeper than Gravity anyway! Talk about crappy customer service!!
Aero Andy is offline Find More Posts by Aero Andy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phoenix 2000
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:19 AM
Crashing but learning...
Brazil, São Paulo, Sao Paulo
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Andy View Post
Hi Robert

You said that your Dutch P-40 was only a moderate flyer, why was that, what was the problem because it looks fantastic. I've ordered a CC Lee p-40 and a Zero, I just hope that I can build them as well as you and Nelson do, and I hope they'll fly well.

Andy
Andy,

Looking forward to see your planes! (I'm sure they will be very good)

Nelson
Wildweasel09 is offline Find More Posts by Wildweasel09
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:42 AM
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
F-82 Twin Mustang

Hi all,

Following in Nelsons footsteps I took the first steps to creating a F-82 Twin Mustang out of two P-51 COX/Gravity kits. These initial steps are small but it's looking like a plane already . I wasn't going to start this build this soon but I could not help myself . Just for those interested in doing the same, here are my first steps...

By the way I made the middle piece 15 cm wide. It runs from the middle of the one fuse to the middle of the other fuse. Material used is 3mm depron sheeting. The middle section is hollow and bent over the edge of the table.

I also put "antenna" wire on the F4U corsair. Glue is curing. Afterwards I'll paint it black.

Robert
Rotatorus is offline Find More Posts by Rotatorus
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:03 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Are these bad boys hard to put together? I am pretty handy but this would be my first kit.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:24 AM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Robert,

Very good start, how did you do the reinforcement in the middle?
On post #2008 you can see another pictures.

Nelson
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:26 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi Nelson,

No reinforcement yet.It is being held together with tape right now. I plan to use carbon fibre rods to connect both wing halves with the centerpiece. Other than that i plan to install aileron contrl in the right fuse. The torque rod will go through the centerpiece as will several wires.

Robert
Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:29 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Are these bad boys hard to put together? I am pretty handy but this would be my first kit.
Hi IndyMatt,

These planes have very little parts. If you want to build one stock, it isn't hard to do. If you want to do an aileron conversion, you'll probably have a new trick to learn. Fellow builders will help out in this thread but there is always a risk of it not working out. Since the kits are not expensive and the gear can be used in a new build, I don't think there is much risk.

Question is if you want to give it a try or not.

If others think different, let them speak now.

Robert
Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:48 PM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatorus View Post
Hi IndyMatt,

Question is if you want to give it a try or not.

If others think different, let them speak now.

Robert
Hi Indy,

I think you should have a go, I've never built a full fuse kit before, and I'm certainly looking forward to starting my first build. Both Robert (Rotatorus) and Nelson (wildweasel09) have been really supportive , we've exchanged a few PM's and they've said that when I need some advice or guidance they would be more than happy to help. I plan to start with one warbird and build up quite a few planes, I think this thread is a wonderful place to not only seek ideas and ask for help, but also to share my future successes. (I hope..lol)

All the best
Andy
Aero Andy is offline Find More Posts by Aero Andy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phoenix 2000
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:30 PM
Gary
USA, CT, Sandy Hook
Joined Dec 2009
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatorus View Post
Hi all,

Following in Nelsons footsteps I took the first steps to creating a F-82 Twin Mustang out of two P-51 COX/Gravity kits. These initial steps are small but it's looking like a plane already . I wasn't going to start this build this soon but I could not help myself . Just for those interested in doing the same, here are my first steps...

By the way I made the middle piece 15 cm wide. It runs from the middle of the one fuse to the middle of the other fuse. Material used is 3mm depron sheeting. The middle section is hollow and bent over the edge of the table.

I also put "antenna" wire on the F4U corsair. Glue is curing. Afterwards I'll paint it black.

Robert

Nice start there Robert. I like it. Are you planning on filling in the undercamber on the outer wings?
gklein is online now Find More Posts by gklein
Old Nov 14, 2010, 07:44 PM
Delaware
Joined Sep 2008
42 Posts
I have to say I love these little planes. I've spent hours flying my FW190 around my house and over/under anything I can. I did mine as a 3 channel, elevator, aileron, motor. Using a c10 2900kv motor, 6 amp esc and a 5x4.3 prop. Speed is ok with the gravity 450 s2 lipo, however I just ordered the 3s 450. The 3s is slightly heavier,, but should have much better speed. I had a hard time today performing low pass inverted flights : )P
And at 12.99, can always build again. Speaking of which, im almost done the stock zero for my son.

Does any know when gravity will stock the p40, f4u and the spit? I need them all!!!!
Xhigh is offline Find More Posts by Xhigh
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:07 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Xhigh,

PM the user Niro, here on RCgroups, she works for Gravity Hobby and will help you. (sometimes they sell direct from China, recently I received my cargo transport from China and took only 4 days to arrives here by EMS)
And I totally agree with you about love these planes, low cost mixed with lots of fun without any regret about the money spent. Thats what I call Hobby!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:13 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Indy

If you start with the Zero, in no time you will buy all the collection! These birds are very addictive, try the stock 3 channel configuration, (with brushless of course) and after that start the inventions!
Same to you Andy ! I know you already have two in the queue waiting authorization

Nelson
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:20 PM
Joined May 2010
50 Posts
I have some peanut sized plans for planes that will come in at under $10, but of course you have to build them. Here is a picture of a Bristol Racer I made. All up weight is 59g. I have placed a PZ Citabria next to it for comparison.
SkydiverDriver is offline Find More Posts by SkydiverDriver
Last edited by SkydiverDriver; Nov 14, 2010 at 09:37 PM.