HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2014, 09:22 PM
Joined Jan 2003
887 Posts
Discussion
F3J in New Mexico - August 2014

F3J in New Mexico registration is now open. Get registered and your teams organized for a great event held in Albuquerque, NM at Balloon Fiesta Park! Aug 16/17 are the dates for your calendar!

This is a great venue and run by a great group of guys. It is the 5th event on the J-Tour! It is sure to be a lot of fun...

You can register at www.f3xevents.com. Let's see some of the Cali guys attend this year!

Be there or be square!
Jim
jimsoars is offline Find More Posts by jimsoars
Last edited by jimsoars; Jul 09, 2014 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Added Dates
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2014, 09:33 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Jun 2004
102 Posts
Just signed up.
All you F3J folks come to New Mexico and fly on one of if not the best field in the series. Great food with the best green chili in the country. Lots of things for you families to do while you are flying. Let's see if we can get some of the California guys to come and fly. Hope to see you all here.

Dennis
Dog_Squadron is offline Find More Posts by Dog_Squadron
Old Jul 15, 2014, 06:20 PM
New Mexico
Joined Mar 2004
435 Posts
I'm in. Lets have some more folks from AZ and CO sign up. Other states too. The balloon park is a great venue.

Bruce T.
Bruce T. is offline Find More Posts by Bruce T.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 04:42 PM
Lover of fast slope gliders!
United States, AZ, Goodyear
Joined Apr 2004
550 Posts
I'm in!

Steve
glasairIII is offline Find More Posts by glasairIII
Old Jul 16, 2014, 05:43 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Jun 2004
102 Posts
Glad you are signed up Steve.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 05:45 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Jun 2004
102 Posts
Lots of the Arizona guys are coming and so is Tuan. Glad to see it. How about some of the Texas flyers? Jack put some miles on that new truck and join us.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 05:49 PM
patagonia,az
Joined Oct 2002
2,045 Posts
I signed up

hoping the AZ team will have room for me

Philip
pocket rocket is online now Find More Posts by pocket rocket
Old Jul 16, 2014, 06:16 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Jun 2004
102 Posts
Glad to see you are flying also Philip.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 04:17 PM
C-c-c-custom!
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Nov 2011
330 Posts
Good to see some entrants signing up. I'm sure we'll have a blast like last year

-Matt
closedloop is offline Find More Posts by closedloop
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:00 PM
RIP MC
United States, CA, Midway City
Joined Dec 2003
3,224 Posts
Hi there,
I'm trying to drag a few SoCal guys with and was wondering if I can get some assistance with logistics.
I see there is a holiday inn very close to the balloon park and was wondering is the area decent.

I might have to travel with family too so are there kid activities to do in the area? If I can just get a list of things to do for them while I'm flying it would be great!

Thanks!
Tuan
fnnwizard is online now Find More Posts by fnnwizard
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:19 PM
Joined Jan 2003
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnnwizard View Post
Hi there,
I'm trying to drag a few SoCal guys with and was wondering if I can get some assistance with logistics.
I see there is a holiday inn very close to the balloon park and was wondering is the area decent.

I might have to travel with family too so are there kid activities to do in the area? If I can just get a list of things to do for them while I'm flying it would be great!

Thanks!
Tuan
The HI is a good place. Decent rooms at a decent price and not a bad area with lots of restaurants. That is where I stayed last year. I don't have little kids anymore so I don't pay attention to those activities...
Jim
Jim
jimsoars is offline Find More Posts by jimsoars
Old Jul 20, 2014, 07:43 AM
New Mexico
Joined Mar 2004
435 Posts
Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks!
Tuan
What Jim said about the HI and the area is good. For kids, Albuquerque has a good zoo, a nice aquarium/biopark and a kids science museum called the Explora (I think). If your kids are a little older there are other nice museums down town and there is a great Atomic History Museum.

Bruce T.
Bruce T. is offline Find More Posts by Bruce T.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:51 AM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Jun 2004
102 Posts
Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks!
Tuan

http://thehotelcascada.com/?serve_mobile=no
This place is a resort water park. I have not stayed there, but people say it is fun. Not sure if you can go to water park without staying.

Dennis
Old Jul 20, 2014, 07:10 PM
RIP MC
United States, CA, Midway City
Joined Dec 2003
3,224 Posts
Thanks Gents for all the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Squadron View Post
http://thehotelcascada.com/?serve_mobile=no
This place is a resort water park. I have not stayed there, but people say it is fun. Not sure if you can go to water park without staying.

Dennis
This is perfect Dennis! I called them already and you do not have to stay at the Hotel to use the water park.
However at just 110 per night ( not including park tix) for a "deluxe room" it sounds almost too good to be true. Is this area a decent one?... meaning I can fall sound asleep with both eyes closed and not have to worry about vehicle etc? .

I'll spend a few hours tonight and see what else is there, but I think there is enough to fill 3 days for my wife + 2 young kids, hehehe.
Thanks again!
Tuan
fnnwizard is online now Find More Posts by fnnwizard
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:37 PM
Albuq, NMex USA
Joined Jan 2001
589 Posts
I live about 2 minutes from the water park hotel and it is a safe place to stay. There is also a very popular BBQ place across the steet. Also close to a Walmart and several Pizza places. It is about a 10 minutes drive to the Balloon Park from there.
MikeC is online now Find More Posts by MikeC