SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 28, 2013, 03:48 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
443 Posts
Link
Vintage Model Boat Events

I don't know if it would be interesting/useful to provide references and data on the various Vintage-themed model boat events around the world? Assuming there are more than one or two? Any events which have SOME vintage boats in would be of interest...

I suppose the big one in the UK is the Classic and Vintage Model Boat Weekend, hosted by Fleetwood Yacht and Model Power Boat Club, just to the north of Blackpool. This year's meeting took place on 8/9 June, and you will find pictures here:

http://fleetwoodmypbc.wordpress.com/...-vintage-2013/
dodgy is offline Find More Posts by dodgy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2013, 02:22 PM
Resistance is futile
United States, FL, Wildwood
Joined Jul 2005
1,108 Posts
I love these pictures. Great looking boats! I wish there was a club like that near me.
circuitfxr is offline Find More Posts by circuitfxr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Rogallo flies behind boat!!!
Old Jul 31, 2013, 05:28 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitfxr View Post
I love these pictures. Great looking boats! I wish there was a club like that near me.
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a vintage meet of some kind stateside. Even if it's part of another big meet there MUST be something? Does anyone know of one?

Alternatively, perhaps some club would like to start one up...?
dodgy is offline Find More Posts by dodgy