SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:48 PM
United States, WA, Mercer Island
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Discussion
How do I charge a 1s LiPo on an IMAX B6AC?

I have a new IMAX B6AC that seems to work fine. However, I thought I could use it to charge 1s batteries for micros. However, there is not a plug for 1s, only 2s - 6s. Is there a way to charge a 1s with this? Tx.
LosLocos is offline Find More Posts by LosLocos
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:40 AM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
The manual says the charger can do 1s to 6s.
Page 18 indicates where to set up both amps and volts
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...14KZ-w&cad=rja
I would try to set volts at 3.7.

Page 01 has a picture showing various buttons and ports.
Your single cell gets connected to the output port.
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Last edited by rick.benjamin; Apr 08, 2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:06 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,640 Posts
You can use this cable and charge up to 6 batteries at the same time.
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=265

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Apr 08, 2012, 06:59 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,016 Posts
To give you something to think about.A 1 cell batt needs not to be balanced charged as you cannot balance 1 cell you only balance 2 cells and up so you can ignore the balance plugs on the side of the charger and plug it straight into the main charge port and then set the charger voltage for 3.7v and then if your batt is lets say 1000mah set the charge rate to 1.0 amps and you should be ok.
The Tug is online now Find More Posts by The Tug
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:28 AM
Plymouth, Minnesota
Joined Jun 2008
55 Posts
I just bought the Ultra-Micro Battery Adapter for my B5.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...pter-TMEXTRMPB

Wenty is offline Find More Posts by Wenty
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:23 AM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Thanks all. Looks like there are lots of options, I didn't know I needed an adapter.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:40 AM
Concord, MA
Joined Jun 2002
1,113 Posts
I don't think there are adapters you need. The output goes to the battery plug. If you don't have the right plug that comes with the charger, they have a pigtail with alligator clips, and you can use this to make your own adapter, just make sure you don't get (+) ands (-) mixed up. This adapter in the picture is for charging a bunch of the batteries at once. It would work for only one too.

I ave one of these chargers and it works great. Just don't short it out.

As a previous poster said, you don't need the balance port plugs because there is only one cell. Set the voltage and set the charge rate. I don't charge at over 1C. If it's a 250mah battery charge it at .2 amps
BEA flyer is offline Find More Posts by BEA flyer
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
BEA, you are right, I have everything I need to do it, I was confused and looking for a 1S plug.

Yes, I have been using the charger for 3S and 4S batteries I have, it seems to work fine. I did order one of the pigtails for the 1S though because I have a Champ and a little helo that those work on so it will be helpful to charge more than one at a time.
Old Jun 05, 2014, 06:45 AM
Spain, AL, Granada
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
Two years and this is so usefull for me.

Thank you!!!
ferpenas is offline Find More Posts by ferpenas
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:28 AM
United States, IL, Granite City
Joined Aug 2014
5 Posts
I also just bought one of these.I also bought a facalhobby balanced charging plate because I though I needed it too(apparently not).The 1s cells I'm trying to charge(1 at a time for now,connected to the charger output),are 3.7v 1200mAh 30C,and 380mAh 25C.I did buy one of those 5-way adapters for the 380mAh.No matter what LiPo cycle I choose(charge,fast charge,user set program)which I've tried anywhere from 0.5-1.2A 3.7V(1S),when I hold the Start button for 3 seconds to start a cycle,It says "Battery Check....Wait",makes a series of about 4 beeps,the screen goes black,and it reboots,shows "SKYRC I-MAX B6",and goes right back to the screen where you can adjust the Amps/Voltage,and nothing else happens.It don't appear to be charging,as I can change the settings.If I short push the Start button,all it does is scroll between the Amps/Volts.I never get a screen like in the manual saying it's charging.The charger is brand new,and the (3)1200mAh,and (5)380mAh batteries are also brand new.I have tried all the batteries and get the same result.I'm only used to my ol' 7.2 nicad bricks,charge 'em till they get warm & go,not this newfangled hi-tech stuff,lol.Please Help!!Thank You in advance :-)
Bowtie41 is offline Find More Posts by Bowtie41
Old Sep 23, 2014, 09:29 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,016 Posts
To charge 1s batts you need to use the main output port and in fast or charge mode via the correct harness,in your case set the charge rate @1.2 amps.
You need a minimum of 2 cells to use balance charge mode.
"user set program"is used to set charger parameters and is not used for charging.
If the charger is shutting down and rebooting it sounds to be faulty.
The Tug is online now Find More Posts by The Tug
Old Sep 23, 2014, 03:10 PM
United States, IL, Granite City
Joined Aug 2014
5 Posts
Tug,I have the right connectors(banana plugs to T-plug,T-plug to single 1S plug)connected to charger output.Neither charge(normal,fast),work,as noted in my orig.Post.When I normal press Start,it wants to scroll back to change the Amps/Volts.If I hold it for 3 sec.,it reboots,and goes back to that same screen,so it must be faulty.Bummer.Hafta contact seller about exchnge,I guess.At least my Visitor 3 came with a small variable rate charger,plus I got the single USB's so I'm not totally shut down.Thanks for the reply!
Bowtie41 is offline Find More Posts by Bowtie41