New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2016, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by ronnw
United States, OH, Salem
Joined Dec 2015
127 Posts
Is the 306B the same now as it was when it was introduced in 2008? Obviously the firmware has been updated but is the chargers internal design been the same since introduction? I'm looking to get this charger to charge 4s batteries in parallel but I'm always trying to get the latest and greatest products, is this charger that good that they haven't seen the need to do any hardware updates? Thanks for any info you can give me.
ronnw is offline Find More Posts by ronnw
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2016, 05:53 PM
Find More Posts by RodgerC
Joined Feb 2016
1 Posts
I have an icharger 3010b that has the following error whenever I turn it on (even cold) and can't clear ....

Int. TEMP OVER
BREAK DOWN

Any idea what the problem could be?

Someone has suggested it is the internal thermistor. Anyone replaced this before?
RodgerC is offline Find More Posts by RodgerC
Old Feb 04, 2016, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by natterjak
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
498 Posts
Rodger, failure of the thermistor itself is unlikely, far more likely would be a break in the connectivity between the thermistor and the parts of the circuit it connects to. I'd suggest first removing the case, identifying where the thermistor is and carefully pressing either side of it while the unit it powered, to see if a loose connection can be reinstated. If this works even momentarily, then re-making the solder connection in question would be the obvious next step.

Remember the break in connectivity may not be directly at the thermistor itself, but could also possibly be at the input of the next component in the signal path, so some deduction of the circuit layout or general inspection of the board for anything which may be amiss is also worthwhile.
natterjak is offline Find More Posts by natterjak
Old Feb 04, 2016, 06:13 PM
Find More Posts by natterjak
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnw View Post
Is the 306B the same now as it was when it was introduced in 2008? Obviously the firmware has been updated but is the chargers internal design been the same since introduction? I'm looking to get this charger to charge 4s batteries in parallel but I'm always trying to get the latest and greatest products, is this charger that good that they haven't seen the need to do any hardware updates? Thanks for any info you can give me.
To charge a 4S lipo, even several in parallel, you don't need any better hardware than a 2008 edition 306B. The ichargers are a cut above the competition and have been since they were launched.
natterjak is offline Find More Posts by natterjak
Old Feb 04, 2016, 06:20 PM
Find More Posts by doomracing
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Mar 2002
1,776 Posts
i have a 1010B that is ...

i have a 1010B that is still stock from day one. its about 5+(?) years old. works just fine. my question is should i upgrade its firmware? it does what i need it to do, but are there things with its old firmware that need to be upgraded to. short of going threw 1500+ pages, and trying to understand everything (ya right. understand) to determine if i should upgrade it or not.
doomracing is online now Find More Posts by doomracing
Old Feb 04, 2016, 08:43 PM
BGR
Find More Posts by BGR
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomracing View Post
i have a 1010B that is still stock from day one. its about 5+(?) years old. works just fine. my question is should i upgrade its firmware? it does what i need it to do, but are there things with its old firmware that need to be upgraded to. short of going threw 1500+ pages, and trying to understand everything (ya right. understand) to determine if i should upgrade it or not.
My opinion is that if it ain't broke don't fix it.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Feb 05, 2016, 12:12 PM
Find More Posts by Bqty
Joined Feb 2016
1 Posts
Guys, could anyone help connect celllog8s to Win7 machine?

I've installed CP210x_VCP_Windows driver that was on CD.
But celllog is still not recognized.

I've tried on two win7 64x machines.

What can be the problem?
Bqty is offline Find More Posts by Bqty
Old Feb 05, 2016, 04:11 PM
Find More Posts by Julez
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomracing View Post
There have been improvements in the software, just check the changelog, the .txt files in the first posting. I recommend upgrading. When connecting to the computer, better power the charger from a 3 or 4s Lipo to avoid ground loops.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Feb 06, 2016, 09:14 AM
Find More Posts by chewytm
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,027 Posts
Hi, has the firmware for the 106B+ been updated to properly charge the following batteries?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=87971

Regards,

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Feb 06, 2016, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by Ermilo
United States, CA, Fairfield
Joined Aug 2011
422 Posts
I want to upgrade my firmware. Do I need to use the same cable that came with my charger?
Ermilo is offline Find More Posts by Ermilo
Old Feb 06, 2016, 10:03 AM
Find More Posts by doomracing
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Mar 2002
1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
There have been improvements in the software, just check the changelog, the .txt files in the first posting. I recommend upgrading. When connecting to the computer, better power the charger from a 3 or 4s Lipo to avoid ground loops.
i have a deans plug on the input from my charger to power supply. just plug a 3 cell to power the charger then? then connect to my puter, get the update file then flash it?

where do i get the file from? i see someone is asking for help connecting to win 7 witch i also have. may do as BGR said "if it aint broke dont fix it." i dont know what all this charger can do, but i just use it to charge my batteries, and maybe use it to power the wire to cut foam. what all can this charger do now? i would read, but its a long string now.

thanks in advance. Jerry
doomracing is online now Find More Posts by doomracing
Old Feb 06, 2016, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by Julez
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,791 Posts
If the polarity is correct, you can do that just fine.
Upgrade information is in the first posting of this thread.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Feb 06, 2016, 10:33 PM
Find More Posts by chrisbarth
Chris Barth
United States, MD, Huntingtown
Joined Oct 2006
984 Posts
Julez,
Just wanted to thank you for the work you did helping these chargers become what they are. I remember following this thread years ago when it started and you were the one who basically became the customers voice. I think this thread was the first I ever saw with a Chinese company listening to and responding to the customers needs. Thanks!
chrisbarth is online now Find More Posts by chrisbarth