Old Feb 13, 2016, 09:34 PM
Find More Posts by Slopemaster
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Aug 2015
477 Posts
Discussion
Steve Drake G-V-60

Does anyone have experience with the G-V-60?

I originally posted this question on the DS forum but I should have posted on this forum (slope).
Slopemaster is offline Find More Posts by Slopemaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2016, 03:44 PM
Find More Posts by jimbo320
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
4,026 Posts
Yes, had one of these a few years back. Nice flyer front and back, different in looks to the usual foamy plank. Tricky build. Recommended if you prefer a tail.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:45 AM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Aug 2015
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
Yes, had one of these a few years back. Nice flyer front and back, different in looks to the usual foamy plank. Tricky build. Recommended if you prefer a tail.
I just thought it looked really cool.

Chances are though, that if I save up enough lunch money, I would probably build another Leading Edge Glider PSS. I was so impressed with the LEG P-80 kit that I just finished and I haven't even flown it yet.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 09:34 PM
Find More Posts by rockbus
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,340 Posts
I've never built a GV-60, but I have the SRT and the DS Gulp. The EPP kit is very good and a quick build with the preformed fuses. I like square wing tips so my build was even faster with no EPP shaping at all.

I've seen Steve fly the GV60 at Daves beach with ballast (4-5 years ago) and that plane moved. Very unique plane.

Ray
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:13 PM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Aug 2015
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus View Post
I've never built a GV-60, but I have the SRT and the DS Gulp. The EPP kit is very good and a quick build with the preformed fuses. I like square wing tips so my build was even faster with no EPP shaping at all.

I've seen Steve fly the GV60 at Daves beach with ballast (4-5 years ago) and that plane moved. Very unique plane.

Ray
I had an original Gulp, the fat one back in mid 2000's. It flew very well but you had to be sure and get it up on step and keep it moving.

I read on Steve's web site that the wing has been improved to enable it to get on step easier.