SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 30, 2014, 07:39 PM
United States, VA, Callao
Joined Jan 2014
64 Posts
Help!
proboat impulse31

I bought a new boat this week its the proboat impulse 31'' and I have a question about this boat I have 4 3s 2200 mah batteries and 2 4s 2200mah can I use these batteries with this boat it says 2 2s batteries so do I use one or two 3s batteries at a time and how many 4s batteries at a time do I run with it. It says the boat will run 50 mph but with what battery it didn't say.
little smoke is offline Find More Posts by little smoke
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2014, 09:18 AM
Joined Apr 2010
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by little smoke View Post
I bought a new boat this week its the proboat impulse 31'' and I have a question about this boat I have 4 3s 2200 mah batteries and 2 4s 2200mah can I use these batteries with this boat it says 2 2s batteries so do I use one or two 3s batteries at a time and how many 4s batteries at a time do I run with it. It says the boat will run 50 mph but with what battery it didn't say.
Hi,
I have a setup guide for that boat that covers just about everything you need to know, if you'd like a copy send me note at jqhydro@gmail.com and I'll mail it to you.

If you used two 3S batteries that would be 6S and although proboat claims the ESC supports 6S many folks have burned up the esc on that config.

You should stick with 4S (two 2S packs or a single 4S pack), or 5S (one 2S pack and one 3S pack, or a single 5S pack).

However the batteries you have do not have sufficient capacity-- you want 5000mah packs which will get you about 5min runtime.

I always recommend "splitting" your packs (ie, run two 2S packs vs. a single 4S pack), as you can balance the boat better and if a single cell dies you don't take out your entire expensive large pack.

Chief
BHChieftain is online now Find More Posts by BHChieftain
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:46 AM
Joined Jan 2014
64 Posts
proboat

Hey thanks a lot I emailed you my email address. How fast do you think one 4s 2200 mah battery will make it run I only have 2200mah 4s and 3s batteries so I will have to buy more
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:50 PM
Joined Jan 2014
64 Posts
proboat

Also I want to change the connectors to deans T connectors can I do that also I work on Cb radios so soldering isn't a problem I just noticed the plugs in the boat will not work with my batteries but the wires going to the boat connectors on the boat i noticed one connector has a black and red wires going to it and the other one has two red wires going to it so dose one plug have two hot wires going to it and the other connector have one hot and one ground going to it
Old Aug 31, 2014, 07:01 PM
Joined Apr 2010
855 Posts
Quote:
Hey thanks a lot I emailed you my email address. How fast do you think one 4s 2200 mah battery will make it run I only have 2200mah 4s and 3s batteries so I will have to buy more
Properly set up and running an Octura 642 prop you should hit 45mph no problem on 4S. But you need more than 2200 mah batteries to handle the load as well as to get decent runtime.

Chief
Old Aug 31, 2014, 07:19 PM
Joined Jan 2014
64 Posts
proboat

I ordered two 2s 5000mah 60c lipos for it I should get them Thursday and thank you for the help I appreciate it a lot. Also where can I get this prop and about how much would that prop cost and what size shaft is the impulse so I get the right prop
Old Sep 02, 2014, 07:53 AM
Joined Apr 2010
855 Posts
Quote:
I ordered two 2s 5000mah 60c lipos for it I should get them Thursday and thank you for the help I appreciate it a lot. Also where can I get this prop and about how much would that prop cost and what size shaft is the impulse so I get the right prop
Hi,
The propshaft is 3/16". Search "Octura x642" and you'll find a bunch of sources.

Chief
Old Sep 03, 2014, 02:55 PM
Seattle
Joined Feb 2006
953 Posts
If you are not used to sharpening and balancing a prop, you might look into an Aquacraft 4266 as an option. They are generally pretty well balanced and you could sharpen up the edges a bit with a flat file.
cyberhoops is offline Find More Posts by cyberhoops
Old Sep 04, 2014, 12:04 AM
Joined Apr 2010
855 Posts
You can also use graupner carbon fiber filled props-- they break easily but they do not need to be s/b.

Chief
Old Sep 04, 2014, 04:57 PM
Joined Jan 2014
64 Posts
proboat

Thanks Chief for the info on the prop I ordered one of the octura 642 so I got everything I need to get it all setup.
Old Sep 04, 2014, 06:14 PM
Joined Jan 2014
64 Posts
proboat

thanks also cyberhoops I bought one already sharpen and balanced because I don't know much about that so I got one that has been done by someone that knows what they are doing