Israel, Adi
Joined May 2006
115 Posts
Question
Doe's any one use YellowJacket RPV?

Hi

just saw this rx
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=2586

and i couldn't find any review / opinions about it... has any one here tried it?

my current setup is:
rv 910mhz 800mw tx
rmrc 900MHz-1.3Ghz v3 rx
ibcrazy mad mushroom on tx
ibcrazy crosshair on rx

i already got about 6-7 KM but looking to increase my range and video quality
guytzoler is offline Find More Posts by guytzoler
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2014, 06:58 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Apr 2008
156 Posts
Very pricy but looks very interesting. Anxious for somebody to chime in!

-Peter
peter.braswell is offline Find More Posts by peter.braswell
Old Jun 01, 2014, 10:53 AM
Senior Gravity Checker
Tampa, Florida
Joined Mar 2001
1,048 Posts
I would like to see a test between this receiver and a regular 900Mhz receiver setup connected to an oracle. Perhaps someone can contact Ira at Iftron to make this happen. Receivers are the heart of our hobby and a real spot for improvement.
kist2001 is offline Find More Posts by kist2001
Old Sep 28, 2014, 08:27 AM
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
773 Posts
I have been using the Yellow Jacket receiver on 1200 MHz video for a while and get the following:

1. Diversity doesn’t work when the signal gets low. I’ve been testing the product for long range flying , and when the signal gets below 1 bar, diversity doesn’t work anymore, It just stays with the antenna that has been selected and that’s it.
2. You have to push a button to switch the receiver on or off. The system should have a selectable option to switch on automatically when power is applied, or use the power button. Although I think it should just switch on when power is applied, as I cannot imagine someone would like to switch of the unit when power is still applied. Using a 10 or 20 meter mast will make it very difficult to switch the unit on.
3. The OSD should be a true OSD. That means the signal strength and other information should be on the life video screen, not just replace the video. Even my cheapo DVR does that.
4. The 2 receivers are not balanced. One is more sensitive than the other. Which leads to wrong information to the diversity selection
5. It seems it is sensitive to interference. I have 915 MHz data antenna’s at about 50 cm distance, and the bursts of data are clearly visible on the video
Pattaya01 is offline Find More Posts by Pattaya01