|May 31, 2014, 10:24 AM|
Joined May 2006
Doe's any one use YellowJacket RPV?
just saw this rx
and i couldn't find any review / opinions about it... has any one here tried it?
my current setup is:
rv 910mhz 800mw tx
rmrc 900MHz-1.3Ghz v3 rx
ibcrazy mad mushroom on tx
ibcrazy crosshair on rx
i already got about 6-7 KM but looking to increase my range and video quality
|Jun 01, 2014, 10:53 AM|
Joined Mar 2001
I would like to see a test between this receiver and a regular 900Mhz receiver setup connected to an oracle. Perhaps someone can contact Ira at Iftron to make this happen. Receivers are the heart of our hobby and a real spot for improvement.
|Sep 28, 2014, 08:27 AM|
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
I have been using the Yellow Jacket receiver on 1200 MHz video for a while and get the following:
1. Diversity doesn’t work when the signal gets low. I’ve been testing the product for long range flying , and when the signal gets below 1 bar, diversity doesn’t work anymore, It just stays with the antenna that has been selected and that’s it.
2. You have to push a button to switch the receiver on or off. The system should have a selectable option to switch on automatically when power is applied, or use the power button. Although I think it should just switch on when power is applied, as I cannot imagine someone would like to switch of the unit when power is still applied. Using a 10 or 20 meter mast will make it very difficult to switch the unit on.
3. The OSD should be a true OSD. That means the signal strength and other information should be on the life video screen, not just replace the video. Even my cheapo DVR does that.
4. The 2 receivers are not balanced. One is more sensitive than the other. Which leads to wrong information to the diversity selection
5. It seems it is sensitive to interference. I have 915 MHz data antenna’s at about 50 cm distance, and the bursts of data are clearly visible on the video
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||does any one have or know Folding Locust X-Shape quadcopter frame?||boss777||Multirotor Talk||10||Mar 21, 2014 12:32 PM|
|Discussion||Any one Using Castle Creations 25 amp Multi ESC's||NEAGRON||Multirotor Electronics||0||Feb 11, 2014 01:19 PM|
|Question||Does anyone have any experience with E-flite's universal light kit controller?||SkylineFlyer||Night Flying||0||Dec 28, 2013 09:29 PM|
|Discussion||Any one using this PCB Circular Polarized Patch Atenna?||hcker2000||FPV Equipment||0||Oct 23, 2013 12:34 PM|
|Discussion||Does any one use a fuse in the RX bat?||Stuart B||Slope||7||Jul 03, 2008 02:15 PM|