SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 01, 2014, 07:36 PM
United States, PA, Pottstown
Joined Dec 2009
195 Posts
Just a little side note...

Earlier this weekend my friend, Jeff Troy, and I made a quick run up to the Vintage R/C Society's "Spirit of Selinsgrove" meet in Endicott, NY.

The VR/CS is an organization dedicated "to the preservation of our radio control history - the achievements of those electronic and airframe design pioneers that made R/C one of the best hobby/sport in the world today."

Jeff and I enjoy these meets because the participants in this meet are all builders. No ARFs here.

I took a few photos.
slow_flier is offline Find More Posts by slow_flier
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2014, 06:57 AM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
6,046 Posts
Looks like a great bunch of guys.
Lnagel is offline Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Sep 11, 2014, 06:56 PM
Joined Dec 2009
195 Posts
Sorry for the lack of progress but work, allergies and house work; I've had little time to do anything on the Eastbourne. Maybe next week.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 07:18 PM
Joined Dec 2009
195 Posts
Back at it

With the end of summer and the start of school comes the start of the corporate travel season. Well I've been home for a couple of days and have managed to get a little work done on the Eastbourne.

I know its not much but I've managed to paint the wheel rims that I built a month or so ago. It seems like it was months ago (OK it was two months ago)

I found that I made a mistake in not filling the grain in the plywood before I assembled the wheels. Its been a bit of work to get the rims to an acceptable finish in the assembled state. Not perfect but good enough for now.

Maybe more next week, I think i'll be home until mid October.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 06:53 AM
New Boston, Texas, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,594 Posts
Very nice indeed!

Jim
JIMA is offline Find More Posts by JIMA
Old Sep 27, 2014, 08:07 PM
Joined Dec 2009
195 Posts
Thnks , Jim.

I'm afraid they may wobble a bit when their installed.

My next issue will be the brass axle guide plates that get soldered onto the outsides of the main gear ends and will keep the axle straight. I've never built this kind of structure before. Should be interesting.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:27 PM
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
15,681 Posts
A little wobble won't hurt anything. Just looks like you've lived through a hard landing or two
portablevcb is offline Find More Posts by portablevcb