SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 11, 2014, 09:33 PM
Checking the wind
Aubry Township, Kansas South of KC.
Joined Jan 2002
1,403 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King Mini EZ Master

After a long wait a very small box arrived at my house from China. The box didn't look large enough to possibly contain a radio comtroled airplane, but indeed it did.

The box itself looked fine but it was extremely tightly packed and contained very little padding. Unboxing the airplane was disappointing as the airplane was of course damaged. I think the package had been exposed to a crushing force but didn't collapse because it was so tightly packed with my airplane! Damaged included one aileron being mostly ripped away from the wing along with the plastic center section being cracked and the wing almost complety broken in two at the plastic center section. There were also abrasion scuffs to the cowling itself. Rather than send the kit all the way back to China, I elected to just go ahead and make repairs as they were relatively simple. Once the airplane was assembled I found more problems. The servos looked super cheap and indeed the rudder servo was completely inop. I replaced it with a new one and fired it up. Now I find the motor shaft to be bent. It runs however there is a ton of vibration and it makes a lot of noise.

I waited for a nearly calm evening to fly the Mini EZ Master. Despite the roaring vibrating motor she flew well, but boy is she hot with a 800mah 3 cell. This little airplane is quick! With the CG locate in exactly the recommended position it also lands hot. Come in anything but fast and expect a tip stall. This little airplane is fun to fly but I would never recommend this airplane as a trainer. In fact, I wouldn't recommend this airplane at all. For obvious reasons. It is an okay airplane for the money but I was disappointed. I know you can do better.
kansascloud is offline Find More Posts by kansascloud
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2014, 12:08 PM
Dave (Sonic)
NJ
Joined Aug 2006
1,054 Posts
Just ordered a Mini EZ Master from the US warehouse, also got some spare HXT500 servos as reports say the stock ones strip out and are cheap. I busted up my Hobbyking MiniBreeze quite well, so I figured I'd get a small backup plane which had a bit more room on board to fit larger batteries for longer fly time. I may put a fatshark FPV system on this as well

Edit: Photos added to continue below post.
moody07747 is offline Find More Posts by moody07747
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by moody07747; Jun 05, 2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old Jun 05, 2014, 11:45 PM
Dave (Sonic)
NJ
Joined Aug 2006
1,054 Posts
Just got my plane in a few days ago. Here are some images to show the details such as battery/electronics compartment.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 29, 2014, 05:44 PM
Fresh heli and plane pilot
Norway, Oslo
Joined Apr 2013
21 Posts
Hi Mini EZ owners!

I'm considering buying this plane. What is your impression so far?

Thankfull for any response :-)
Walkerr is offline Find More Posts by Walkerr
Old Jul 01, 2014, 03:55 PM
Dave (Sonic)
NJ
Joined Aug 2006
1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkerr View Post
Hi Mini EZ owners!

I'm considering buying this plane. What is your impression so far?

Thankfull for any response :-)
Get some 5G servos, the HXT500 are fantastic for the price and a decently easy install, you may want to get some servo stoppers/quick connectors to attach the push rods servo side. The other end has a z bend in place so that's fine.
I've yet to get out to fly this one, been on constant travel for work...

Either this or the Hobbyking Mini Breeze are fantastic starters...but both benefit from better servos installed. This one will accept a larger battery, I fly 850mah packs. I may eventually upgrade the ESC on this too as I've got one laying around but other than that, it's a nice start.
oh yeah, balance the prop, it's WAY out of balanace out of the box...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2014, 08:06 AM
Hong Kong
Joined May 2010
65 Posts
Could do with flaps if landings are fast and tip stalls are otherwise?
etopsflight is offline Find More Posts by etopsflight
Old Jul 18, 2014, 06:22 PM
Dave (Sonic)
NJ
Joined Aug 2006
1,054 Posts
Finally got this bird out and set up to begin testing with. I am using 850mah nano-tech packs on it and fitted an XT60 power connector to the ESC.
I had to change the flat spot on the nose gear as the default for me was binding before I could turn left any more than a small amount...which also limited the rudder movement...

Overall, too windy to fly today but it's rolling nice and straight. I hope to be able to get to the baseball field Monday to fly this in some decent weather.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2014, 03:29 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
336 Posts
Maiden my EZ this morning.

My first landing gear plane. surprisingly take off, from short cut gras was easy.

Flew almost 10 minutes, and 850mAh lipo was at 3.75v.

Realized that is important to have decent speed when landing, not like a glider plane.

Before next grass landing, i shall mount bigger wheels.

In my opinion a nice small motor plane (also my first.)
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Last edited by Stenkryparen; Jul 19, 2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 01:00 PM
Dave (Sonic)
NJ
Joined Aug 2006
1,054 Posts
Keep me updated with which wheels you go with, I'll need them for sure
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2014, 03:06 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
336 Posts
This one, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...10mm_2pc_.html

Front wheel fits directly, the two backwheels have to be drilled to 3mm.

After this mod landing is easy, on grass or dirt.

CG is not affected.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 03:11 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
336 Posts
When flying upside down I messed up and crashed, have to use the spare propeller and some glue for the rear landing gear. This little thing is so fast compared to my Mini Brezzer an Cloud Fly.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:58 PM
Dave (Sonic)
NJ
Joined Aug 2006
1,054 Posts
Got my wheels in today, sadly I don't have time to fly and the weather is fantastic... Weather the next week is rain rain rain
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:38 AM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
336 Posts
Mini EZ master is a nice plane, but small and hard to see at long distance.

Because I flew to far away, I lost control at high altitude and did a general crash.

Motor is done, and fuselage need some glue.