Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:48 AM
Fly A Mile High
Aurora, Co
Joined Jan 2004
100 Posts
Discussion
Engine mounting question on H9 Corsair 60 Arf

The manual says "Center the engine mount in relationship to the
oval holes in the firewall." What does that mean? Do I center the blind nuts in the center of the oval holes? Not quite sure how critical the location in the mounting holes is. Also, there are two pencil lines that intersect roughly in the middle of the firewall. I dont recall drawing those lines(I bought this plane 5-6 years ago!) and there is not explanation of what they are for in the manual. Are the mounting bolts supposed to line up with them? Ive included a pic, hopefully you can see the pencil marks! Thanks for the he
shamrock1990 is offline Find More Posts by shamrock1990
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:13 AM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,387 Posts
the biggest concern would be, is the engine centerd in the COWL!

alot of times chinglish, isn't translated very well!
whiskykid is online now Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: great day!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:38 PM
Zor
Suspended Account
Ontario,Canada
Joined Feb 2007
9,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock1990 View Post

The manual says "Center the engine mount in relationship to the
oval holes in the firewall." What does that mean? Do I center the blind nuts in the center of the oval holes? Not quite sure how critical the location in the mounting holes is. Also, there are two pencil lines that intersect roughly in the middle of the firewall. I dont recall drawing those lines(I bought this plane 5-6 years ago!) and there is not explanation of what they are for in the manual. Are the mounting bolts supposed to line up with them? Ive included a pic, hopefully you can see the pencil marks! Thanks for the he
shamrock1990,

We certainly can help you but you have to give us better information.
Post a picture looking straight down the fuselage from the front with the fuselage sitting in normal right side up position.
Wings laterally level.

Zor
Zor is offline Find More Posts by Zor
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)