Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:25 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Don't think you'll get much of a response but whatever
Wish the thread starter would fix his mistakes though!
Weather i personally get a response by posting feedback on a plane really doesnt matter to me personally.. if people have interest or like the plane they will look for info on it here or elsewhere online. Could you please tell me WHY you have any issues with a thread for this plane being in the 3d foamies section?
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:29 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Everybody lets move the discussion over to this thread with accurate info and more people:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...758296&page=53
Im fine with it here but others can choose as they like also.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:02 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Im sticking around here where this thread was started and will post here when this one is in at the local shop. Id rather not speculate.. I'll wait until ive flown it to talk about its flying ability's but i dont expect it to fly as light as a 32'' epp plane.. its airfoiled and heavier and you can see where tht shines in the video posted from e-flite.
Hey, i'm watching. Besides the people here will only be interested in actually flying 3d with it while the other thread is full of sport flyer and micro lovers that will say the plane flies great because they don't actually try to 3D it. I'd like to hear from people that enjoy 3D like you Get Real.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:19 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,648 Posts
Quote:
Weather i personally get a response by posting feedback on a plane really doesnt matter to me personally.. if people have interest or like the plane they will look for info on it here or elsewhere online. Could you please tell me WHY you have any issues with a thread for this plane being in the 3d foamies section?
Just thought I'd like to get everybody together for most info.
Sorry if I offended anyone!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:26 PM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,038 Posts
I just started this thread for people to discuss this new plane. I didn't know someone else beat me to it! =)
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:36 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,972 Posts
Too early on to tell and I probably couldn't tell a good 3d plane from a bad one, but from first videos it looks to me like this little devil is more capable at 3d than some planes discussed on this forum for sure. But I also realize that the brand name instantly makes it unpopular among the more knowledgeable and experienced 3d flyers. But hey, every bird catches a worm every now and then. Hopefully some of the skilled 3d pilots here will keep an open mind and find out on their own what it is and isn't capable of. I anxiously await the results. I figure that with two different forums discussing, you get feedback from two different types and levels of pilots.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:40 AM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
I mostly fly depron 3d biplanes, very easy to 3d with. The edge feels more like a pylon racer with 3d throws, it's not slow and super floaty like epp or depron. It's pretty fast, and spins like crazy, slight bit of coupling during rolls but not much, has good vertical climb and 6 minute flights are no problem. If you're expecting this to 3d like epp you will be disappointed, it seems more of aerobatic plane with 3d capabilities if you have the skills. Landings are pretty easy and it tracks pretty well despite its size, fairly easy to see as well. It looks durable and easy to work on, removable wings too!
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,972 Posts
Somebody on this forum that is a real 3d pilot needs to try this thing. It is quite the flyer, and I'd love to hear what somebody that is skilled at 3d thinks. I realize that someone might have to disguise it and put 3dhs on the side and wings first to get them to try it and be objective, but would love to hear the results.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:28 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,999 Posts
Picked mine up today at the local shop,didnt have time to go pick it up yesterday. Will get it bound and set up tonight. Will take it out of the box and get some pics later and im hoping to fly it tomorrow or by sunday depending on time and weather. I bought mine because it has more speed and weight for better snaps,ke spins,tumbles etc and really dont have any expectations of it flying like a epp plane but will see how it does after i fly it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:19 PM
God is Good
Joined Jan 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Picked mine up today at the local shop,didnt have time to go pick it up yesterday. Will get it bound and set up tonight. Will take it out of the box and get some pics later and im hoping to fly it tomorrow or by sunday depending on time and weather. I bought mine because it has more speed and weight for better snaps,ke spins,tumbles etc and really dont have any expectations of it flying like a epp plane but will see how it does after i fly it.

Looking forward to the flight review! Enjoy!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:20 PM
God is Good
Joined Jan 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Somebody on this forum that is a real 3d pilot needs to try this thing. It is quite the flyer, and I'd love to hear what somebody that is skilled at 3d thinks. I realize that someone might have to disguise it and put 3dhs on the side and wings first to get them to try it and be objective, but would love to hear the results.

Buy me one and I'll try it out for you(:
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:08 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,999 Posts
Not starting out well with this one,not sure when i'll fly it. Did take some pics before i powered it up and looked it over better.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:14 AM
3D Enthusiast
United States, UT, Orem
Joined Nov 2012
61 Posts
I'll start by saying that I'm still a beginning 3d pilot, and that i'm fairly comfortable with the most basic 3d maneuvers. The only other plane i've flown 3d is the UMX Beast3d.
This plane flies like you would expect a small plane to fly. It doesn't do well with windy conditions. AS3X immediately came to mind, but oh well.
That being said, when flown without wind, this plane is a lot of fun. ive had a total of four flights with it, and im pretty impressed so far. the first two flights were in a 5-10 mph wind, which made it tricky, but i was mostly just trimming it out and observing anyway. For the next couple flights i was able to fly it in calm conditions. I also mixed in some elevator with the rudder, as there were coupling issues in knife edge flight.
The plane performed really well in these conditions. It tracks along nicely, rolls like a beast, and has plenty of power. Vertical climbing came easily, and i felt secure that i could bail out of any sticky situations.
Now I'm not that great a pilot, and hovering came fairly easily for me. Harriers were pretty darn smooth, with little wing rock, and at times, there was none. I did find myself longing for a bit more "floatiness", though it wasn't problematic or anything. Knife edge was really nice once i got the mix right on the elevator.
I really need more time to do some fine tuning to adjust the plane to my skill level and preference. I think it will be a good one to develop my skills further. I'd really like to see it in the hands of a skilled pilot, and i'm anxious to hear what others think, as well as any tips they might have about setup issues and the like. Thumbs up!
Orem_Aeronut is offline Find More Posts by Orem_Aeronut
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:01 PM
God is Good
Joined Jan 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Not starting out well with this one,not sure when i'll fly it. Did take some pics before i powered it up and looked it over better.

Looks good! I like the 2 peice wing
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orem_Aeronut View Post
I'll start by saying that I'm still a beginning 3d pilot, and that i'm fairly comfortable with the most basic 3d maneuvers. The only other plane i've flown 3d is the UMX Beast3d.
This plane flies like you would expect a small plane to fly. It doesn't do well with windy conditions. AS3X immediately came to mind, but oh well.
That being said, when flown without wind, this plane is a lot of fun. ive had a total of four flights with it, and im pretty impressed so far. the first two flights were in a 5-10 mph wind, which made it tricky, but i was mostly just trimming it out and observing anyway. For the next couple flights i was able to fly it in calm conditions. I also mixed in some elevator with the rudder, as there were coupling issues in knife edge flight.
The plane performed really well in these conditions. It tracks along nicely, rolls like a beast, and has plenty of power. Vertical climbing came easily, and i felt secure that i could bail out of any sticky situations.
Now I'm not that great a pilot, and hovering came fairly easily for me. Harriers were pretty darn smooth, with little wing rock, and at times, there was none. I did find myself longing for a bit more "floatiness", though it wasn't problematic or anything. Knife edge was really nice once i got the mix right on the elevator.
I really need more time to do some fine tuning to adjust the plane to my skill level and preference. I think it will be a good one to develop my skills further. I'd really like to see it in the hands of a skilled pilot, and i'm anxious to hear what others think, as well as any tips they might have about setup issues and the like. Thumbs up!
did you get the mix worked out for ke? Mind sharing the values?