SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2014, 01:50 PM
Athens
Joined Oct 2009
739 Posts
RSSI connection to eagle-tree osd pro

Hi all,
I am about to install a new receiver to a new plane, and wondered if I need anything between the rssi output of rangeling receiver and the eagle-tree osd.

-the e-t manual recommends a noise filter (a small toroid with 10-15 turns)
-so far I have been flying with a capacitor and a resistor (rc filter?). I just forgot to remove it when i changed from 2.4GHz to rangeling, but it didn't harm anything. I can't seem to find the thread i followed to build the filter.
-I also have all components to make one of these:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=26

I would prefer to keep it simple and just connect them with a single wire. Any advice on this?
dk31 is offline Find More Posts by dk31
Old Sep 24, 2014, 01:51 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,523 Posts
The RC filter was detailed earlier in this thread.
That should be sufficient for use with ET Pro as well.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2014, 02:49 PM
Athens
Joined Oct 2009
739 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
Searching this thread for "rc filter" and reading these posts(you and sid):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4119
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1260

, I understand that latest versions of RL don't need an "external" RC filter as they have a built in filter. I got mine in Feb 2014, so I guess I am ok to go on without any filter.

I need to know because I am doing all the wiring before gluing the fuselage halves, and it will be really hard to change later.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 05:50 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,523 Posts
And you don't intend to test any of your wiring before gluing it together?
If in doubt, leave the RC filter in place. It can't hurt. Otherwise test it.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:06 PM
Athens
Joined Oct 2009
739 Posts
Of course, I test if everything works on the bench, but I won't do any range test before gluing everything together.
Anyway, I will make a new rc filter for peace of mind. Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 03:19 PM
Ukraine, Poltavs'ka oblast, Khorol
Joined Sep 2014
3 Posts
Hello. Sorry for my English.
There was such a problem. Use Chainlink 2011 release. Greatly reduce the range. When power 200mW on a straight section is only 1km. I found that the receiver is faulty. Please help to identify the defective part in the RF module. I bought a new module TRW-400B. I installed it. But in general the receiver stopped working. There is no connection between the receiver and the transmitter. I tried to make a Binding. But the receiver is not earned. I drew attention to the fact that the new module is missing a few elements. Photos on the left side is the old module, where all the elements. On the right side there is a new unit, wherein the absence of several components. Maybe it is not critical? What do you think? What will advise? Thank you.
To complement the experiments give the video transmitter and receiver modules.

DSCN3936 (4 min 2 sec)

DSCN3932 (4 min 46 sec)
Vadim Makhno is online now Find More Posts by Vadim Makhno
Last edited by Vadim Makhno; Sep 26, 2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:56 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2012
52 Posts
When using rssi and ppm both going to the apm fc, is only the rssi signal, as welll at the 3 ppm wires, or should I also add the rssi ground. I'm trying to avoid a ground loop.
Rfriedman is online now Find More Posts by Rfriedman