Nah I'm working today unfortunately.
JAYNC is online now Find More Posts by JAYNC
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM
Montreal
Joined Aug 2009
284 Posts
Jabberwocky_ is offline Find More Posts by Jabberwocky_
Last edited by Jabberwocky_; Yesterday at 08:45 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM
Montreal
Joined Aug 2009
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Stainton View Post
Unless SUSA have a local source, it may take a little longer.

Vladimir told me that Igor Gorban (the Sunracer manufacturer) was tragically killed in the Ukrainian uprising, in early 2014 I believe.

Neil.

Wow! That is such awful news. The world has lost probably one of the finest builders of precision-manufactured pylon racer airframes of all time. Plus, with skills like that, I'm sure he was a great guy.

I started this thread EXACTLY four years ago to this very day (September 30th) and on the fourth anniversary of this Sunracer thread, I find out about the creator of the Sunracer's death! It's just too bizarre! Life is weird sometimes.

Much like Sergey Sobakin (who is still alive), Igor Gorban built airframes with passion and dedication and incredible attention to detail. Sobakin stopped building pylon racers several years ago and moved over to F5B instead. And that's all fine and dandy, but the point is that there aren't many F5D builders out there that can produce such a fine product like the Sunracer for $300.

Hopefully, his molds are still intact and usable. But running an operation like that isn't just as simple as grabbing the molds and picking up production where it left off.

My condolences to Mr. Gorban and his family and friends.

Terrible loss!

RIP Igor. Your legacy, the Sunracer will fly on... at least the ones that are still around. Thanks for the fun! I will never forget my beloved Sunracer that I lost in flight (my error ) a few years ago. It was truly a remarkable and brilliantly constructed design. A thing of beauty.

Jabberwocky
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Oct 2013
1,591 Posts
*** A moment of silence ***

On a bright side, I did get my replacement nose cone (in blue) . I should be back in the he air tomorrow after I get my 100 amp esc from tower.

I'm so upset I hate to have such a nice bird and not be able to put batteries through it. Only two batteries (new, not even broke in) . Maybe 4 wot passes and not long ones. So tomorrow I'm going to see what this long can ARC can really do...!
Jezzejamez is online now Find More Posts by Jezzejamez
Last edited by Jezzejamez; Yesterday at 09:37 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM
Montreal
Joined Aug 2009
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzejamez View Post
*** A moment of silence ***

On a bright side, I did get my replacement nose cone (in blue) . I should be back in the he air tomorrow after I get my 100 amp esc from tower.

I'm so upset I hate to have such a nice bird and not be able to put batteries through it. Only two batteries (new, not even broke in) . Maybe 4 wot passes and not long ones. So tomorrow I'm going to see what this long can ARC can really do...!
An ARC motor? Did you buy it long ago or recently? If you bought it recently, I'd love to know where, because as far as I know, LightflightRC, the makers of ARC motors is out of business. Poof! Gone! Very unfortunate. I loved their motors.
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Oct 2013
1,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky_ View Post
An ARC motor? Did you buy it long ago or recently? If you bought it recently, I'd love to know where, because as far as I know, LightflightRC, the makers of ARC motors is out of business. Poof! Gone! Very unfortunate. I loved their motors.

Yes ARC, I SNAGGED a few from the owner he was having a out of business sale. I'm trying out the 28-48-1 & 28-58-1.
Jezzejamez is online now Find More Posts by Jezzejamez