United States, TX, San Juan
Joined Mar 2013
3,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonysQuad View Post
Still waiting on that cord?
Other motor OK?
Any photos?
Yes the cord was supposedly shipped out with my FTLHawk and the 5v to 3.3v converter is on its way also. I'll take some pictures tonight
TheQuestor is online now Find More Posts by TheQuestor
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 06:16 PM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canterburyflyer View Post
Is it possible to ask about damage done to an RCTimer Arduflyer 2.5.2 board due to a malfunction of a capacitor. I had one connected to the input headers 16v 3300mF as per recommended, and I think it took out the Gyro. I originally thought it killed the board all together and have ordered a replacement but she ain't dead yet, however I get a Bad Gyro Health warning in the Flight Data panel. In the Status area Gyrosq = 0, gx, gy and gz all are reading 0 as well. So does that mean my gyro is dead? Silly question I know but that is the way it appears. Also for the APM 2.5.2 what is the gyro I should be trying to find to replace with a hot air rework tool which I have handy. I looked at the BOM in Eagle for the .SCH file and it clearly states that it is using an Invensense mems gyro MPU 3000A which is no longer available. There is a 3050 though and they are fairly easy to get from the obvious sources like DigiKey and Newark etc. Anyone had the problem or would like to chime in? I would have posted it on Jabrams blog but he has closed the thread unexpectedly and with out notice as to why.
Edit: Upon closer inspection of the actual schematic, it states that the gyro is an MPU-6000 so I am a little confused
Bad Gyro health does not have to mean the gyro is dead.

Check the 3.3V regulator first before you do anything else

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2053670

Specifically this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=614

The only way I can think that the cap may damage the 3.3V regulator is if it was disconnected for a while [in other words discharged] and while the APM 2.5 is powered you connect the cap.

You should NEVER connect anything to APM 2.5 when it is powered - disconnect power first.

Same advice applies to all the electronics we use.

I very much doubt you will need to replace gyro but MPU6000 is correct, have no idea how you came up with the other part number.
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member