HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:45 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2009
409 Posts
Discussion
Sebart Miss Wind Crow Braking

I have about 20 flights now on my Miss Wind and am thinking of adding crow braking. The plane certainly doesn't need it but I am curious as to how it would slow the plane down in verticals and maybe for landing as well. I have a separate servo on each of the 4 ailerons and my Futaba 10c can handle the mixing required. My question is should the lower ailerons go down and the upper ailerons go up, or should the lower ailerons go up and the upper ailerons go down I.e. towards each other, or do you think it wouldnt matter.
Arkx400 is offline Find More Posts by Arkx400
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:42 AM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
I think I've read that the uppers go up, and the bottom go down...hope to hear some feedback. I've got a GP Reactor bipe on 6S electric and a 10C too, but haven't messed with that programming. Let me know if you figure it out
wyo69cowboy is offline Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:55 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2009
409 Posts
I have finally had a chance to try the crow braking out. I set the lower ailerons to raise and the upper ailerons to lower, each by 50%. It works well but does cause a nose down pitching motion. The first couple of flights I tried the crow braking out up high and could see that it worked and confirmed the nose down pitching. I only used the crow braking on the landing roll. On the 3rd flight I used it on final. I was ready for the nose down pitching but it still almost caught me off guard. I can mix it out with some up elevator or can play with the percentage that they move up and down. I can remember from when I used the fly gliders that generally the flaps would go down as much as you could get and the ailerons would go up about 20-30%.
Arkx400 is offline Find More Posts by Arkx400