SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 04, 2011, 12:26 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,782 Posts
Alert
Mack products closeout on kits

One man’s flood, another man’s fortune. We have been cleaning out the ware house after IRENE blew thru town, and have taken inventory on what can be saved and what is toast, (or wet noodle). We have a number of kits that we have opened and inspected, and can guarantee are in new condition except for water staining of one end of the box. We will be offering these kits at greatly reduced pricing as closeouts to make way for new inventory.

The first of the kits to be offered are the now out of production MIDWEST fiberglass “SEGUINE TUG”. This kit is a complete kit with running hardware and motor included. We are letting the kits go for $275.00 plus $14.00 shipping, in the lower 48 states. We have 9 of the kits left, so do not hesitate. When they are gone, there will be no more. To place your order for one of the 9 kits, call MACK PRODUCT and ask for Rich, at (732) 870-2966, Monday thru Friday, 9am to 4 pm. EDT

http://www.mackproductsrc.com/992%20Seguin.htm

frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:24 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
That's a pretty good deal for somebody, Rich, as that particular one has been out of production for several years.

You can't find the wooden version out there anymore either.

FYI, the fiberglass hull in those kits was a knockoff of a Microglass offering that midwest somehow got a copy of, and had made for them in China---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Last edited by der kapitan; Sep 05, 2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 05:06 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,782 Posts
Hey KAP- I have know about the knock off of your hull for quite some time. Who ever did the molding of the hull in China did a pretty good job of it and held true to your hull and dimensions. Back in the day, Midwest was pretty shifty about peoples products knock offs. The tried to do it to me with the power units and running hardware for their model boat kits after I developed them for market.

You are right about these kits becoming hen’s teeth, This is the last of them from the buy up I did of MIDWEST Boats a few years ago.

If you look at the Midwest site now, it is almost all craft related stuff. BY-BY are the models of airplanes and boats. That's one of the reasons that I started LEGEND MODEL BOATS.
Last edited by frankg; Sep 04, 2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 07:35 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Rich, you started the "Legend" line because you saw a need for quality wood kits of pleasure boats, and were sharp enough to develop exactly that.

Midwest had a good line of model boat stuff going, but the bean counters who took over the company killed it with their "new ideas".

Now, you're just about the only kid on the block, just don't start doing "science kits" on us---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Sep 05, 2011, 08:40 AM
Joined Dec 2004
3,782 Posts
KAP- No need to worry about that. I will be manufacturing only the highest quality, detailed, and precision wood kits that will be complete kits.

As I have stated for the record, the reason I started LEGEND MODEL BOATS was because of the lack of new kits for true scale wood boat models, especially manufactured by companies here in the U.S.A.