North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,581 Posts
Man was trippy .

Glad your ok Plow

You scared me to death

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Snowman I have no idea where that came from, I didn't write it.
I merely commented on Wookie's event!!! Weird as hell!!
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:38 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
I know, weird! I do all this on my iPhone, so maybe that has something to do with it? Then it wouldn't let me edit it? I had to try like three times! The little edit button wouldn't show up on my screen. Strange! Oh well, it's not mine so I don't care. Thanks for being concerned though! Lol

We went to the movies tonight and saw Taken 2. I liked the first one but this one was really just more iof the same. My advice, wait for the DVD!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:39 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,328 Posts
Quote:
Shoot man, you like to build so there are lots of options for you, how about Swaney's little profile? Taco? Burrito? Something like that!!!
Funny you say that... I have the original, never completed prototype taco. It was cut out, mocked up, covered for fit and such.... never completed. I have stripped the covering and went through all the joints <it was very dry> and it is almost covered, half wing to go. I want it to be electric though.

I was thinking something like a mini diamond dust delta screaming thing maybe.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:52 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Funny you say that... I have the original, never completed prototype taco. It was cut out, mocked up, covered for fit and such.... never completed. I have stripped the covering and went through all the joints <it was very dry> and it is almost covered, half wing to go. I want it to be electric though.

I was thinking something like a mini diamond dust delta screaming thing maybe.

A little delta wing thingy might be cool. Or maybe a little club 20 racer? I have some plans here for one.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:15 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
By the way Ron, how'd you end up with a Swaney prototype?

Is there a mini diamond dust? That would be really fast and annoying!! Lol
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:38 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I have a older OS 25 I need to find something it can be annoying on.
DOG how bout a Wonder

Plow that was some serious stuff there I thought what the hell just happened thank God it was a weird thing,,,, pheeeeew

and how can I kill my T_ _ _ T ?? it will be too busy kicking your's and everyone elses arse's in a hodown
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,328 Posts
Quote:
A little delta wing thingy might be cool. Or maybe a little club 20 racer? I have some plans here for one.
Those club racers are really hard for me to see. Deltas dont mind wind, I had foam electric ones that would fly on the windy days.

Quote:
By the way Ron, how'd you end up with a Swaney prototype?

Is there a mini diamond dust? That would be really fast and annoying!! Lol
The fella that does the CNC work cutting the kits lives 30 minutes from me. He originally developed the Menace, which was an early day plank before pro bros.
Im not sure there is a mini, one of our locals has a Diamond Dust, something like it in mini 25 size would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
DOG how bout a Wonder
Easier to see then a racer, sorta cool... Looks like a lot had 15-20s on them.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:33 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,967 Posts
DOG Yeah they say the .15 -.20 is all you need on them but I have a .25LA on mine and I was pleasantly surprized how it flew, lots of fun speed and can get crazy but what impressed me the most was just how beautiful and stabile she glides I don't think my Gentle lady glides as nice as the Wonder does, the Snowman gave me that plane and let me tell you it was the surprize plane of my life you can glide that baby around forever she just floats but also does about 90 and I also flew it in 40+MPH winds just 3 weeks ago it was like there was no wind at all. I'm not sure if they even make the kit anymore but if anyone can find one its a simple fast build and a great plane to have in the hanger.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:40 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Wookster I wished I'd known you needed help. You should of asked. Of course I would of wanted to cancel today due to the rain an lighting and do it sunday or another day when the weather is better and safer.
DOG all this talk of active speakers really makes me feel old. And of course I'm still old school. I'd rather have the amp be an amp and the speakers be passive. Back in my college days I built a true 500 watt rms AB2 amp hooked up to a pair of electro voice interface C's
When I cranked that amp up the lights would flicker, and you could hear it for several blocks.
You wouldn't beleive how much trouble that amp got me into.

I seen my dad yesterday. He's in a nursing home, suffering from a stroke. I took the green machine in for him to see. Boy you should of seen the looks and comments I got taking that big plane in there. Seeing it made my dad's eyes light up. Though it was sad I couldn't hardly understand him. I did manage to understand him asking me if I built the Green Machine. I replied no, It's an arf. I don't know if he comprehended it or not. As he asked it a couple of times. I don't have his talent as he could of built it looking just as good.
He's 83 now and on borrowed time. Neither of us look the same as disease, and time has affected our looks. We almost didn't recognized each other. It's been years because of bad blood. But I'm trying to put that behind us now.
I'm hoping my sister can find some pictures of him an I flying back in the 60's. I'll post them if she can find'em
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:47 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
Hey, I have an unbuilt Taco around here.......I believe I ordered the wing kit and plans.......I was planning on putting a .25fx on it too. I'll have to build that this winter......I've got a brand spanking new .25fx to go in it as well. Thanks for reminding me!

Waldo, I'm looking forward to the flight report.......as we're rained/snowed out again!!!!

This week had us dining out more than taking our meals at home........the fact is: home-cooked food not only tastes better, it's fresher, it's much cheaper, and you don't alienate your children cause you're staying home!!! It's my #2 daughter's birthday today and guess what? Yep, she wants to go out for supper!!! ARgghh!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Last edited by snowman; Oct 13, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:33 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Is that a built up plsne? I think these guys are flying boom and coroplast? I'll look your ip, I might be interested!!
Yes

Quote:
Wayne, did you notice that Tower has the 25AX listed for five bucks more than the 36AX? I wouldn't have guessed that those little engines would cost so much!
That Corsair is built up, so it probably wouldn't last me long! Still, that's not a deal breaker, let me think on it.
The engines are not cheap. Maybe the high RPM or something? Mine has never been started.

The Corsair is for some combat competition deal, hand launch, belly land. I think they fly streamers, not full contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Hey, I have an unbuilt Taco around here.......I believe I ordered the wing kit and plans.......I was planning on putting a .25fx on it too. I'll have to build that this winter......I've got a brand spanking new .25fx to go in it as well. Thanks for reminding me!

Waldo, I'm looking forward to the flight report.......as we're rained/snowed out again!!!!

Plow, glad to hear it was an electronic malfunction and not a marital one!!!!

This week had us dining out more than taking our meals at home........the fact is: home-cooked food not only tastes better, it's fresher, it's much cheaper, and you don't alienate your children cause you're staying home!!! It's my #2 daughter's birthday today and guess what? Yep, she wants to go out for supper!!! ARgghh!
Enjoy the Supper.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:23 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Yeah, that was weird. Someone said something about compromised passwords a while back? I don't know WTH that was but I would never write anything like that, mine would be much more belligerent me thinks!! Lol

Snowman, enjoy your daughters birthday! Our daughters birthdays have all passed for the year, mine and my wife's as well, now we gotta get through the holidays without going broke!

Kerwin, I'm glad to see you reaching out to your father, it's never too late until its too late. Go often, for your own sake.

Waldo, happy flying today! Good luck with that arse kicking!! lol

Wayne, it looks like a good plane, why did you change your mind about it?

Ron, let us know what you decide. My racer is supposed to be coming back to me, she might handle a .25, but it would be dicey! She is built for a .15.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
Yeah, tell me about going broke!!!! Went grocery shopping......kids came along and threw a "few extras" into the carts........$500+ I about choked!!

Good news though......I ripped the monitor apart found the problem, luckily I had a circuit board fuse and a diode that I needed and I repaired the arcing solder joint that caused the meltdown to begin with.......saved myself from ordering a new monitor today!!!! Thats $309 to the good right there!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:47 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Nice work snowman! Valuable skills right there!!

We are at the mall looking for cheap and tawdry clothing for a trip to Vegas this Feb.! This is the kind of shopping I actually enjoy!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:26 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
You enjoy shopping for clothes??? Wah! You are a better man than me!