HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:13 PM
Stupid Gravity
alsip, ill
Joined Aug 2002
797 Posts
Discussion
How Long Have You Been Flying Helicopters?

i was just thinking about how long i have been into flying RC airplanes and Helicopters, and it got me curious on everyone else's time in the hobby......so here's my story;

i started flying RC planes in the 60's (ya, i know i'm old! ), i flew my first heli in the late 70's (although i don't know if it counts as a flight) i bought a set of plans from ethier RCM or Model Airplane magazine, it was a plywood and aluminum heli, i had to machine the parts myself, took me about 3-mths to build, brought it out to the flying field and the first flight lasted almost 10-seconds before it destroyed itself back into a whole bunch of parts!

so, i guess my first "real" helicopter flight experience started in the early 90's with a Shuttle ZX and a Concept 30, both 30-size nitro CP helicopter's, never really got into 3D i was always happy with just sport flying

..........So, tell me, what's your story?
WhiteCloud is online now Find More Posts by WhiteCloud
to remove ads between posts