HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2012, 07:15 AM
Registered Lurker
Joined Aug 2004
2,611 Posts
Discussion
which 'lead' goes from the hitex 4c to this 'all in one' balance board

I have a hitec 4x charger with a variety of batteries, I don't want to be continually disconnecting the various balance boards. I found this

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...HP_XH_EH_.html

But I'll still need the lead that goes from this all-in-one balance board to my charger. I think there are a variety of 'offshore branded' versions of the same hitec branded charger, but I don't know what the lead from the charger to the balance board is called to search for it.
Nethole is offline Find More Posts by Nethole
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 07:18 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,867 Posts
It seems extremely odd that it would not already come with the lead that connects between the board and charger.

From the photo, it appears as though there are two options to connect to a charger. The two connectors on the edge of the board appear to be TP given that the pin pitch is typical TP spacing. The next connector is a 7S (8 pin) JST-XH.

Nearly all 'off-shore' generic chargers have JST-XH balance connectors. I seriously doubt that the X4 is any exception.

Given that this thing is not very straightforward, I would absolutely buzz it out with a continuity tester prior to connecting to a charger or a battery.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2012, 07:28 PM
So many UMs, so little money.
Nashville
Joined Jun 2008
380 Posts
You can use XH to XH or XH to TP either one. The spacing on the x4 is XH. The balance board you linked looks like it can take either XH or TP input.

Brandon
NeveSSL is offline Find More Posts by NeveSSL
Old May 08, 2012, 09:00 PM
Registered Lurker
Joined Aug 2004
2,611 Posts
Can you link a hobbyking item to do it?
Nethole is offline Find More Posts by Nethole