HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:48 AM
nsf
Portugal, Aveiro
Joined Apr 2012
34 Posts
Hey guys. New here and in the hobby.
I recently bought a tarot 450 pro FBL heli with a ZYX-s gyro, and I'm using a turnigy 9x running er9x. I'm trying to set up the gyro using the software but I'm having troubles in the setup monitor, were we have to adjust the sub-trims so the values on the controller sticks are 0 in the middle point and +/-100 in the extremes. I can get the value to 0, with the centred sticks but can’t set +/-100 in the extremes. The best I can do is +/- 70 (or close to that) before I reach the limit of the sub-trims.
Any idea on how to properly set the sub-trims in the er9x, so I can get the correct values on the ZYX-S gyro software?
nsf is offline Find More Posts by nsf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:28 PM
Everyone is an idiot (or I am)
United States, TX, Red Oak
Joined Jun 2012
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsf View Post
Hey guys. New here and in the hobby.
I recently bought a tarot 450 pro FBL heli with a ZYX-s gyro, and I'm using a turnigy 9x running er9x. I'm trying to set up the gyro using the software but I'm having troubles in the setup monitor, were we have to adjust the sub-trims so the values on the controller sticks are 0 in the middle point and +/-100 in the extremes. I can get the value to 0, with the centred sticks but can’t set +/-100 in the extremes. The best I can do is +/- 70 (or close to that) before I reach the limit of the sub-trims.
Any idea on how to properly set the sub-trims in the er9x, so I can get the correct values on the ZYX-S gyro software?
Welcome nsf to a great and challenging hobby.

Use sub trim to set the zero but use end point adjust for 100.

I hear endpoint adjustment are tricky for this tx, you use the sticks to adjust in the endpoint menu and hold it there for changes to take affect,

edit, oh, I think there's an extended limits you need to turn on somewhere too as I recall. With that, I'll be quite and let a 9x user tell you if you don't get it before then.. good luck
Daddy. is offline Find More Posts by Daddy.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:53 PM
What goes up will crash down!
Germany, BW, Ulm
Joined May 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Don't know if his firmware is another but you should check Simon's videos: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2311
Holly73 is offline Find More Posts by Holly73
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:40 PM
nsf
Portugal, Aveiro
Joined Apr 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy. View Post
Welcome nsf to a great and challenging hobby.

Use sub trim to set the zero but use end point adjust for 100.

I hear endpoint adjustment are tricky for this tx, you use the sticks to adjust in the endpoint menu and hold it there for changes to take affect,

edit, oh, I think there's an extended limits you need to turn on somewhere too as I recall. With that, I'll be quite and let a 9x user tell you if you don't get it before then.. good luck
Thanks Daddy. Did that but I reach the limits of the sub-trims, before the value of +/-100. As I said, the best a can is about 70 or 80 in either ends.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:59 PM
nsf
Portugal, Aveiro
Joined Apr 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly73 View Post
Don't know if his firmware is another but you should check Simon's videos: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2311
Thanks Holly. Been there and has good info, but he uses the stock firmware on the 9x.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 02:09 PM
Everyone is an idiot (or I am)
United States, TX, Red Oak
Joined Jun 2012
417 Posts
Just to make sure I understand, your using sub trim for zero adjustment and endpoint adjusts for +- 100?

Or your hitting the end point limit of 125%?
Daddy. is offline Find More Posts by Daddy.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:03 PM
nsf
Portugal, Aveiro
Joined Apr 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy. View Post
Just to make sure I understand, your using sub trim for zero adjustment and endpoint adjusts for +- 100?

Or your hitting the end point limit of 125%?
???
Now you got me confused...
I hit the limit of 125, before the value in the software reaches 100. I'm I doing something wrong?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:06 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,085 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Daddy. Did that but I reach the limits of the sub-trims, before the value of +/-100. As I said, the best a can is about 70 or 80 in either ends.
You only use subtrims to get a zero value at CENTER stick. If you're trying to use subtrims to get 100% travel, you're doing it wrong.

You have to use end point adjustments to get the travel to reach 100% in either direction.

I've actually set a Turnigy 9x with original firmware up for a friend with this gyro and it's pretty straightforward to do this calibration.

Quote:
???
Now you got me confused...
I hit the limit of 125, before the value in the software reaches 100. I'm I doing something wrong?
Sorry. Your previous comment had me confused also. How about dual rates? Did you set those to 100%?

It really should reach 100% with ease and in fact go well over that if you're using too high values even. Strange.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:13 PM
nsf
Portugal, Aveiro
Joined Apr 2012
34 Posts
Hey PHMX.
I'm using a turnigy with er9x, not the stock firmware.
er9x is awesome, but the heli setup is so confusing, and there are so many options/parameters to set, compared to the 9x sotck firmware.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:37 PM
United States, NJ, Plainsboro Township
Joined Aug 2009
214 Posts
Quote:
Hey PHMX.
I'm using a turnigy with er9x, not the stock firmware.
er9x is awesome, but the heli setup is so confusing, and there are so many options/parameters to set, compared to the 9x sotck firmware.
Here you go I use this for my BeastX & CX-3X1000 FBL units, Just rename the file extension to: .eepe have fun
kgd1 is offline Find More Posts by kgd1
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:02 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,757 Posts
has anybody had the cx1000 just go dead out of the bkue? i was flying and all of a sudden i lost all channels accept the throttle and i had to dump it...luckily damage was was very minimal but now i can't get anything of the servos to move from stick inputs...i tried hooking the servos to a different rx and they are good ...just can't get any response when they are hooked to the cx3x1000....i tried flashing the cx3x1000 firmware and it took the flash good but no luck still nothing...
anybody have any suggestion on anything i could try?

thanks..
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
yep, too much gain on roll/pitch. Start with a value of 25 on both. Go and test fly. You shouldn't have any wobbles, but it might drift. You can increase the gain slowly, a few points at a time until you just start seeing the wobbles come back when the head is unloaded or after abrubt stick input. Then go back 2 points.
Alright, dropped from 35 to 25. moved one servo around for a better pitch range. Any tips on starter PID values to combat the shakes?
branflake12 is offline Find More Posts by branflake12
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
has anybody had the cx1000 just go dead out of the bkue? i was flying and all of a sudden i lost all channels accept the throttle and i had to dump it...luckily damage was was very minimal but now i can't get anything of the servos to move from stick inputs...i tried hooking the servos to a different rx and they are good ...just can't get any response when they are hooked to the cx3x1000....i tried flashing the cx3x1000 firmware and it took the flash good but no luck still nothing...
anybody have any suggestion on anything i could try?

thanks..
you tried hooking the servos to a different rx and they are good. How about you hook up servo to original rx directly, are they working?

I will check if aile plug from CX-3X1000 any lose wires or bad contact. 3X1000 get power from aile plug connected to rx. ( I assume your original rx is working with all servos hooked up directly). I will also use multimeter and see if you get voltage from CH1 ~ 4 on 3X1000, take measurement from middle pin and bottom of ch1 ~ 4.

If you don't get voltage for CH1 ~ CH4, but you do get voltage from rx ail ch output, I will open the case 3X1000 and look for any lose connection or bad soldering. On the other side, if you get voltage from CH1 ~ 4 but servos do not work when hook up, it's something wrong on 3X1000.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:13 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
you tried hooking the servos to a different rx and they are good. How about you hook up servo to original rx directly, are they working?

I will check if aile plug from CX-3X1000 any lose wires or bad contact. 3X1000 get power from aile plug connected to rx. ( I assume your original rx is working with all servos hooked up directly). I will also use multimeter and see if you get voltage from CH1 ~ 4 on 3X1000, take measurement from middle pin and bottom of ch1 ~ 4.

If you don't get voltage for CH1 ~ CH4, but you do get voltage from rx ail ch output, I will open the case 3X1000 and look for any lose connection or bad soldering. On the other side, if you get voltage from CH1 ~ 4 but servos do not work when hook up, it's something wrong on 3X1000.
OMG!!! im done with this thing! it roasted my ds420 tail servo which was the cause of the crash so i replaced it with a different servo and got it working again then had to adjust the travel and gain on the new tail servo and all of a sudden my swash tilts extremely to the left and all inputs stop working again!! now it fried one of my cyclic servos Hitec hs5055 ....FFS what the heck is causing this thing to burn up servos? i double checked the servo type and i had it set correct...worst bunch of crap i have ever had happen to servos...
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:57 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
OMG!!! im done with this thing! it roasted my ds420 tail servo which was the cause of the crash so i replaced it with a different servo and got it working again then had to adjust the travel and gain on the new tail servo and all of a sudden my swash tilts extremely to the left and all inputs stop working again!! now it fried one of my cyclic servos Hitec hs5055 ....FFS what the heck is causing this thing to burn up servos? i double checked the servo type and i had it set correct...worst bunch of crap i have ever had happen to servos...
sorry to hear your servo lost. excluded servos being stalled for moment long enough and burnt out, I would think
1. overvoltage. How many volts you got from 3X1000 channels measurement. If it's well over 6v, it may burnout servos. If so, the problem may come from bec, either from esc built-in bec, or external bec if you have one.
2. some short inside 3X1000, there may be debris, borken solder/joint or solder residue inside 3X1000 and cause short circuit path to servo.
3. failed signal driver inside 3X1000 and keep sending power to servo even without signal input.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017