HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 03, 2009, 03:31 PM
Registered User
Des Moines, Iowa
Joined Jul 2007
44 Posts
Help!
Need video RX-to-laptop interface

Looking for some recommendations here. I will be needing to link my 900 mHz video RX to my laptop, to monitor and record flight video stream. What is the best link? Thanks!
beezee2 is offline Find More Posts by beezee2
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2009, 03:35 PM
Registered User
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezee2
Looking for some recommendations here. I will be needing to link my 900 mHz video RX to my laptop, to monitor and record flight video stream. What is the best link? Thanks!

Any video capture card will work. There are a lot of good ones out there for under $100.
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2009, 04:40 PM
Registered User
Des Moines, Iowa
Joined Jul 2007
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmcn_3
Any video capture card will work. There are a lot of good ones out there for under $100.

Thanks... I didn't know if there was anything out there newer/better that would do the job... How about those inexpensive USB video-capture things?..
beezee2 is offline Find More Posts by beezee2
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2009, 05:06 PM
Registered User
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezee2
Thanks... I didn't know if there was anything out there newer/better that would do the job... How about those inexpensive USB video-capture things?..

Yup, thats exactly what I have. USB video capture card.
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2009, 05:59 PM
Gaftopher
Gary Mortimer's Avatar
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,776 Posts
I stream mine direct to an Archos hand held PVR.

Theres many similar on the market now, I found capture cards took up quite a bit of computer overhead.
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2009, 06:03 PM
Registered User
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mortimer
, I found capture cards took up quite a bit of computer overhead.

Hmm....... Maybe thats why my laptop crashes when I try and run GE, GCS and Video record all at once.........
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2009, 06:43 PM
Registered User
Jack Crossfire's Avatar
Calif*
Joined Sep 2006
2,074 Posts
It's real expensive to get analog video into a computer. 10 years ago it was $30. Today it's over $100. Most of the demand is for digital tuners, not analog capture, so it's almost a single run product. It's cheaper to have a dedicated monitor for the video feed & record it in the camera. Then again, $100 isn't worth $30 10 years ago.
Jack Crossfire is offline Find More Posts by Jack Crossfire
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Audio loopback in ALSA
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2009, 03:42 PM
Registered User
Des Moines, Iowa
Joined Jul 2007
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mortimer
I stream mine direct to an Archos hand held PVR.

Theres many similar on the market now, I found capture cards took up quite a bit of computer overhead.

Hey, I like that idea!... A lot simpler than messing with a laptop!.. Thanks.
beezee2 is offline Find More Posts by beezee2
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2009, 03:44 PM
Registered User
Des Moines, Iowa
Joined Jul 2007
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Crossfire
It's real expensive to get analog video into a computer. 10 years ago it was $30. Today it's over $100. Most of the demand is for digital tuners, not analog capture, so it's almost a single run product. It's cheaper to have a dedicated monitor for the video feed & record it in the camera. Then again, $100 isn't worth $30 10 years ago.

You got THAT right!
beezee2 is offline Find More Posts by beezee2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AP video directly to laptop CAFplanekid Aerial Photography 1 Jun 19, 2004 09:33 PM
need a rx brianb10 Parkflyers 8 May 04, 2004 09:55 PM
need old serial port TX interface cable for Realflight simulator 1g1yy Simulators 1 Mar 27, 2004 07:38 PM
Need small Rx for old Futaba Tx Grejen Radios 5 May 31, 2003 03:08 AM
Question Need ESC, RX, and Charger Recommendations johnitahoe Parkflyers 0 Jan 26, 2002 10:15 AM