HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2014, 01:44 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
I'm glad it's still running (for now at least) so thank you.

I would be happy to pay RCG a couple of pounds a month for a slightly larger inbox an the ability to use Tapatalk.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2014, 04:29 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
Had it happened? Has RCG finally pulled the plug on the easiest way to gain access with a smart phone?

I just tried looking at a thre and I got...

ERROR Domain=

Oh never mind it just started to work again, give me a fright then, any word when I'll have to put up with the bland mobile view with lack of photo upload option?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 04:33 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Last edited by ClosedAccount; Jun 16, 2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 01:47 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
Sorry about that, every thread I tapped came up with that and a refresh type logo.

When I took Tapatalk to the cyanogen mod forum every thread worked, thankfully when I came back RCG threads started to show.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 06:35 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jul 2012
594 Posts
I started using Tapatalk to avoid the annoying messages that various sites, directing me to Tapatalk, when attempting to access their sites on my phone.

Tapatalk has problems with several of the forums that I use. RCG is one of the few that seem to be bug free and I use Tapatalk for about half the time I spend reading the RCG forum. Other forums have already dropped support for Tapatalk.

While it has definitely been a convenient way to access many forums, I'd be more than happy to drop Tapatalk, if RCG had a mobile version of their site that properly supports phones, not just tablets. It really isn't there yet.

I have a couple of Android tablets that the RCG tablet site will be great on but I don't carry my tablets around with me everywhere I go, unlike my Android phone.
Robert_AU is offline Find More Posts by Robert_AU
Old Apr 12, 2014, 06:47 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Last edited by ClosedAccount; Jun 16, 2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old May 27, 2014, 02:04 PM
Real helo pilot crashing quads
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined May 2014
18 Posts
This is a shame. If you don't use Tapatalk OK. but if you do, you've gotten used to much easier and more efficient navigation and participation. While we've been discussing what Tapatalk is, and what it is good for, the real reason for this thread is:

WHY ARE YOU ENDING TAPATALK INTEGRATION?

I note that it is working ... sort of ... but it gives me strange permission errors when I try to use it's most useful features:

1. Subscribe to the few forums I am interested in
2. Switch to the Topics mode and see all of the topics with new posts since my last visit, in only those forums I am interested in (this is killer great)
3. Easily navigate through the topics and follow the discussion flow without breaks in pages (like < {1][2][3]...>) just all there.
4. Click the checkmark in the upper right to mark everything read for this visit (including topics I am not interested in)

Using the Unread mode gives me

System Error: You may not have permission to do this action.

Thee is something in the forum permission settings for me (at least) that is restricting me from doing the things I do on the other 14 forum systems I participate in (most running VBulletin like you are).
Sky Slicer is offline Find More Posts by Sky Slicer
Last edited by Sky Slicer; May 27, 2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old May 27, 2014, 02:14 PM
Real helo pilot crashing quads
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined May 2014
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
I'm glad it's still running (for now at least) so thank you.

I would be happy to pay RCG a couple of pounds a month for a slightly larger inbox an the ability to use Tapatalk.
Yeah, if they are worried about ad revenue, then make Tapatalk support into one of the PLUS features here. I'd pay $5 a month to get rid of the flickering ads, the long page load/calculate/display cycles due to all of the forum add-on web doodads, etc.
Sky Slicer is offline Find More Posts by Sky Slicer
Old Jul 14, 2014, 08:24 PM
*Noted Nerd*
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
544 Posts
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
Last edited by Oregon Craig; Jul 15, 2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 01:13 PM
Need less hobbies, more toys
United States, AR
Joined Oct 2013
1,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Craig View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porcia83:

"Wattflyer...checked over there today, think I saw a featured article from 2008or maybe 2009. Something about a new kind of battery, Lipa or Lipo, something like that. Good stuff."

Was reading at wattflyer today using tapatalk. Guess who is there now?

I guess it's good enough now? Better than nothing? Hopefully they have some kind of PLUS+ program, so he can be a bigshot over there, and mock this site over here. The old switcheroo.

Too funny. Good stuff.

You lost me on this post. Perhaps I am just slow today 😄.

What are you talking about?

Thanks.
DaddyBigas is online now Find More Posts by DaddyBigas
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2014, 03:06 PM
*Noted Nerd*
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
544 Posts
Never mind.
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig