Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 03, 2011, 02:13 AM
Southern Darling Downs Qld, Australia
Joined Sep 2010
148 Posts
Help!
Hobby King Lost Model Alarm

Kennyglide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi ,i am wanting to fit a HobbyKing lost model alarm to my Radian but no matter what i do i cant stop this thing beeping constantly after one minute. Here is the instructions that came with it word for word " (1) connect the LMA to RC equipment. Turn on your transmitter, then your receiver. You will hear 2xbeep. (2) Do not move the stick on the transmitter or turn off the transmitter.After one minute you will hear hurried beep(pattern one)that repeats as long as to move the stick or turn on the transmitter in the next minute. (3) If you could stop the beep in the next minute then a very distinct beep-warble -beep (pattern 2)was performed continuously.(4) At this time ,you can but disconnect the LMA from the receiver to stop the alarm. "....... Well i've tried every variation i can think of including trying my second LMA in case the first one was faulty .....beeps after 1 minute doesn't get to the pattern 2 warble and just keeps beeping.....Help Pleeeaaase Translate and seriously they are the instructions word for word .
Kennyglide is offline Find More Posts by Kennyglide
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:37 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,698 Posts
Do you have the LMA connected to a receiver channel (rudder for example) and then the rudder servo connected to the LMA? The LMA has to be in between the servo and the receiver.

When the beeping it heard it is because there has been no servo activity for one minute, moving the servo will silence it. If you do not silence it, after one minute the beep beep thing will stop it it will start playing the "help! I''m lost!" tune (or whatever that is called, )

Once it starts the help I'm lost tune it will continue until the battery is dead or power is disconnected. You have to power down the LMA to silence it once it is in the I'm Lost mode.

When you're messing around with the plane with the power on, you'll have to silence the warning tones once a minute or so to prevent it going into the I'm lost mode. It is not as bad in flight as you'll normally move the rudder often enough to keep it from warning.

Good luck with it!

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Oct 30, 2011, 05:20 PM
225 mph
Australia, NSW, Warriewood
Joined Oct 2011
280 Posts
I found with these lost model alarms that the movement required to keep the alarm from sounding is moving the stick on your transmitter all the way to it's end. I don't know who flys like this...
The alarm should remain silent if ANY power is passing through it, but it seems to only stay silent if MAXIMUM power runs through it
-Snowfly- is offline Find More Posts by -Snowfly-
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:49 PM
Okanagan Falls. British columbia. Canada
Joined Nov 2006
366 Posts
lost

I had to chuckle when I read this thread. I can remember flying my Inchworm free flight in A2 glider competitions and also for fun? Everytime the darned thing landed out of sight there was always the thought-will I find it?Free flight was fun though.Now we walk a few feet after every RC flight and just pick it up !That makes it even more fun.
knormang is offline Find More Posts by knormang
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:22 PM
Gon out Bisy Backson
Joined Aug 2010
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Snowfly- View Post
I found with these lost model alarms that the movement required to keep the alarm from sounding is moving the stick on your transmitter all the way to it's end. I don't know who flys like this...
The alarm should remain silent if ANY power is passing through it, but it seems to only stay silent if MAXIMUM power runs through it
Hoary old thread, but the original question is still relevant. The alarm behaviour is so poorly designed as to be useless in real life, leastways with the way I fly quads. Is there any way to mod these units to not sound off if there are relatively small signal changes each minute?
PeterWeb is offline Find More Posts by PeterWeb