Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:07 PM
Registered User
RC_Crazy23's Avatar
United States, IL, Glenview
Joined Sep 2011
446 Posts
Discussion
Thoughts and opinions on FS-TH9X 2.4GHz 9CH Transmitter

Anyone using this radio? I'm considering changing out my stock Airfield radio with this one. It seems to be a steal for all the options that come with this $89.00 radio.
RC_Crazy23 is online now Find More Posts by RC_Crazy23
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 02:21 PM
Registered User
papabearflying's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
543 Posts
Never heard of this one, a Chinese product right? If it is, is might seem cheap, but it wonīt be if you lose aeroplanes why donīt you stay with a good brand, it may be cheaper in the long run.
papabearflying is offline Find More Posts by papabearflying
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:06 PM
Registered User
RC_Crazy23's Avatar
United States, IL, Glenview
Joined Sep 2011
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabearflying View Post
Never heard of this one, a Chinese product right? If it is, is might seem cheap, but it wonīt be if you lose aeroplanes why donīt you stay with a good brand, it may be cheaper in the long run.

Ok, I'll stick to either spectrum, jr, aitronic, or futaba. Time for me to do a search on these radios. What do you use Papabear? And have you had any issues?
RC_Crazy23 is online now Find More Posts by RC_Crazy23
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:54 PM
Registered User
monkeyhanger's Avatar
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
The TH9x is very popular. There are 2 threads on this board dedicated to it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1266162

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035575
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:02 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhanger View Post
The TH9x is very popular. There are 2 threads on this board dedicated to it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1266162

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035575
Also Owners Yahoo Group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/


If you go the 9X rtoute - my personal recc'n is to not buy the Turnigy where module is hard wired in ... but a version that module is removeable. Replace with FrSky module / Rx ...

Total price will STILL be way below others and you have a rock-solid system that many have good use out of. The FrSky people are developing way ahead of others Telemetry and other aspects of RC control ... Think of the FlySky Tx - as that is the actual factory name before it gets rebranded - as the base sytem to do as you want with ... unlike higher priced gear where you cannot alter / modify / customise.
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:30 AM
Registered User
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Jun 2010
225 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1511521
Kalikikopa is offline Find More Posts by Kalikikopa
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:36 AM
Registered User
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Jun 2010
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabearflying View Post
Never heard of this one, a Chinese product right? If it is, is might seem cheap, but it wonīt be if you lose aeroplanes why donīt you stay with a good brand, it may be cheaper in the long run.
I mean no disrespect to you, or name brands, so my apologies if I come across that way.

There are tons and tons of posts about both Spektrum and Flysky radios. There are tons and tons of "I'm using Spektrum and I lost my plane" posts and not so much about Flysky. I do understand the whole market share and number of people using Flysky, and the other factors. But my point is name brand does not mean better than no name brands. Also price my not be the best deciding factor. Meaning you shouldn't only go on low price, or come to the conclusion that a $400 tx is any better or worse than a $40, just because it is $400.

Disclaimer:
I am by no means implying Flysky is better than Spektrum, but I will say that I'm quite comfortable with using my Flysky radios.
Kalikikopa is offline Find More Posts by Kalikikopa
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:48 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalikikopa View Post
I mean no disrespect to you, or name brands, so my apologies if I come across that way.

There are tons and tons of posts about both Spektrum and Flysky radios. There are tons and tons of "I'm using Spektrum and I lost my plane" posts and not so much about Flysky. I do understand the whole market share and number of people using Flysky, and the other factors. But my point is name brand does not mean better than no name brands. Also price my not be the best deciding factor. Meaning you shouldn't only go on low price, or come to the conclusion that a $400 tx is any better or worse than a $40, just because it is $400.

Disclaimer:
I am by no means implying Flysky is better than Spektrum, but I will say that I'm quite comfortable with using my Flysky radios.
Does everyone here drive a Rolls Royce or Cadillac ? Bet there's a load of 'budget' car owners out there ... just like me.
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:22 AM
Registered User
RC_Crazy23's Avatar
United States, IL, Glenview
Joined Sep 2011
446 Posts
Thanks for all of your opinions. So, it comes down to what I like, how it feels in my hands, and most importantly how reliable they are. I've started saving $$$ for a radio, motor, and esc. I will share what I plan to buy when it comes to that time.
RC_Crazy23 is online now Find More Posts by RC_Crazy23
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 03:42 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
If you need a cheap but high tech radio, 9X is your choice.

A low price in this case does not mean low grade. It is possible only in China.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:29 PM
Registered User
RC_Crazy23's Avatar
United States, IL, Glenview
Joined Sep 2011
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Also Owners Yahoo Group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/


If you go the 9X rtoute - my personal recc'n is to not buy the Turnigy where module is hard wired in ... but a version that module is removeable. Replace with FrSky module / Rx ...

Total price will STILL be way below others and you have a rock-solid system that many have good use out of. The FrSky people are developing way ahead of others Telemetry and other aspects of RC control ... Think of the FlySky Tx - as that is the actual factory name before it gets rebranded - as the base sytem to do as you want with ... unlike higher priced gear where you cannot alter / modify / customise.
I was looking at the FrSky rx and the cool telemetry data. Would that show on the FS-9x LCD screen??? That would seal the deal for me.
RC_Crazy23 is online now Find More Posts by RC_Crazy23
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:20 PM
Registered User
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Jun 2010
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Crazy23 View Post
I was looking at the FrSky rx and the cool telemetry data. Would that show on the FS-9x LCD screen??? That would seal the deal for me.

Yes, if you make it. Possibly the most active thread in this section is about the FlySky radio modifications. For telemetry some fine soldering needs to be done. 2 resistors need to be removed, two more added in and soldered to the pins of a small microcontroller.

Off hand I don't know what all information you can get on the screen, like all the info on the DHT-U screen, as I only watch signal strength and battery voltage.


http://code.google.com/p/er9x/ will give you all the information you need for turning a decent radio into a great radio.
Kalikikopa is offline Find More Posts by Kalikikopa
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:35 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
ScottSails's Avatar
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalikikopa View Post
Yes, if you make it. Possibly the most active thread in this section is about the FlySky radio modifications. For telemetry some fine soldering needs to be done. 2 resistors need to be removed, two more added in and soldered to the pins of a small microcontroller.

Off hand I don't know what all information you can get on the screen, like all the info on the DHT-U screen, as I only watch signal strength and battery voltage.


http://code.google.com/p/er9x/ will give you all the information you need for turning a decent radio into a great radio.

Actually you can do the mod without removing the resistors (just cutting traces and using existing). It is unnerving to do if you are not familiar with electronics (and certainly was for me as my eyesight just plain sucks).

Scott
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:29 PM
Registered User
RC_Crazy23's Avatar
United States, IL, Glenview
Joined Sep 2011
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSails View Post
Actually you can do the mod without removing the resistors (just cutting traces and using existing). It is unnerving to do if you are not familiar with electronics (and certainly was for me as my eyesight just plain sucks).

Scott
Sweet! Do you have a link or instructions with pictures on how to do this?

Thanks
RC_Crazy23 is online now Find More Posts by RC_Crazy23
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:54 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
ScottSails's Avatar
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Crazy23 View Post
Sweet! Do you have a link or instructions with pictures on how to do this?

Thanks
FrSky Telemetry details by Phil.
http://er9x.googlecode.com/svn/trunk...%20details.pdf

And here is a possible alternative for some that is from a HW perspective - less parts yet..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1510047
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Flysky FS-TH9X 2.4ghz 9ch Transmiiter Overview RaidenTech HobbyPartz.com 3 Feb 17, 2012 09:37 AM
Discussion Leadershobby 9 Channel 2.4Ghz Transmitter and Receiver FS-TH9X only $53.99 rcgogo Radios 12 Aug 11, 2011 01:02 PM
Sold FlySky/Turnigy/Eurgle FS-TH9X 2.4Ghz 9ch Gee-Bee-R2-Racer Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 7 Jul 01, 2011 07:24 PM
Discussion Opinions on 2.4GHz Antenna teopbako FPV Talk 3 Apr 04, 2011 02:41 AM