HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:14 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylowfast View Post
Every time I run the version 0.13 I get errors, whereas an earlier version (from about 1.5-2 years ago) worked fine.
Here are the two error windows (see the attached pictures).

Can anyone help me fix it ?
I got errors that looked like the second one with my Radeon 9250 graphics card. It's been better since I fitted a Radeon 9600. I still get errors if I switch between the BMI flight sim version of RCDP and the aircraft editor a few times (I don't normally use the plain RCDP version), and I have to reboot to get rid of them, but the sim is usable now.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:04 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyworry View Post
Don't get rid of being able to fly into space, add a moon that you can fly to from earth and fly around and back to earth, that would be great fun for the younger ones who are just being introduced to the hobby
yeah, and imagine how long it would take to travel 384000km with a RC plane... How fast is the fastest rc plane anyway?

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,494 Posts
I think it is around 250-260 mph. Surprisingly no motor either! Try googleing for dynamic slope soaring for the details.
kdahlhaus is offline Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:13 PM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Then with that speed, it will take 39.22 days to fly to the moon with the fastest rc plane...
Imagine flying a RC plane for that long!

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylowfast View Post
Every time I run the version 0.13 I get errors, whereas an earlier version (from about 1.5-2 years ago) worked fine.
Here are the two error windows (see the attached pictures).

Can anyone help me fix it ?
Hmmm... Never saw that one before. According to google it's probably got something to do with permissions. Can you try rightclicking on the RCDP icon and selecting "run as administrator"?

Cheers,
Davy
GeneralFailure is offline Find More Posts by GeneralFailure
Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:47 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,746 Posts
Is RCDP supposed to be writing to a DLL (v9v4pji5.dll) in a temporary folder, Davy? That looks a little bit odd.

My first thought was that it might be a virus interacting with something. Googling part of that error message led to a suggestion that antivirus software (on flylowfast's PC, in this case) might be thinking the same, and blocking whatever it is that's supposed to be happening:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...d-c5908e334c2d
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:45 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,946 Posts
Why does the coaxial helicopter and the regular single rotor helicopter fly the same? I think if somehow you let the single rotor helicopter tip over more, it would be truer to helicopter flight. It's "servo" travel seems very locked in. Can't do 3d at all.

As for planes your program is pretty cool. I like the birds in the background. Thumbs up all around!
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:48 AM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Is RCDP supposed to be writing to a DLL (v9v4pji5.dll) in a temporary folder, Davy? That looks a little bit odd.

My first thought was that it might be a virus interacting with something. Googling part of that error message led to a suggestion that antivirus software (on flylowfast's PC, in this case) might be thinking the same, and blocking whatever it is that's supposed to be happening:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...d-c5908e334c2d
Hi Andy,
No, I'm not writing that .dll directly, but apparently .NET generates and compiles code (into a .dll) everytime it interprets an XML file. Check out http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6...class-result-1

So you could very well be on to something with that antivirus software!
Flylowfast, could you try disabling it?

Cheers,
Davy
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:11 PM
in the beginning...
United States, MO, De Soto
Joined Mar 2012
475 Posts
General, just wanted to say thank you, me and my boy are having a good time with this free sim. cudos
boats
bm2thirsty is offline Find More Posts by bm2thirsty
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My staple plane the UM P-51
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm2thirsty View Post
General, just wanted to say thank you, me and my boy are having a good time with this free sim. cudos
boats
Thanks boats! Much appreciated!
Cheers,
Davy
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:25 AM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
sorry to do this but I looked all over and can not find a helicopter I hear of one.
can some one give me a link please
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:59 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
I can't get my JR 9303 or Quattro transmitters to work with RCDP. I wired up an audio plug and ran Smartpropoplus but the simulator won't recognize my transmitter. I ran RCAudio and it showed the stick movements ok. All the airplane does is run along the ground is circles. I've tried to calibrate but to no avail. I am using Win 7 on my HP laptop. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Last edited by Crist Rigotti; Sep 08, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:53 AM
Joined Aug 2012
51 Posts
I wanted to chime in and give some props to generalfailure. Great sim. I am enjoying this a bunch. Also wanted to give a thanks to gunner for all of the planes he added. I'm sure others have added some but I have been using his. I am also teaching my 8 year old daughter to learn to fly the planes as well so that she can take my HZ Champ out with me next time we go. This thing has provided hours of entertainment and training so far for us.
spiderjunior is offline Find More Posts by spiderjunior
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Thanks spiderjunior! And you're right, all the add-on planes built by everyone here make the sim what it is.

Crist Rigotti,
I think you should run PPjoy in combination with Smartpropoplus to emulate a Windows game controller (which is what RCDP needs), see http://www.smartpropoplus.com/dnn/Se...3/Default.aspx

Cheers,
Davy
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:28 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralFailure View Post
Thanks spiderjunior! And you're right, all the add-on planes built by everyone here make the sim what it is.

Crist Rigotti,
I think you should run PPjoy in combination with Smartpropoplus to emulate a Windows game controller (which is what RCDP needs), see http://www.smartpropoplus.com/dnn/Se...3/Default.aspx

Cheers,
Davy
I don't have any game ports on my laptop. Just mic/headphones and USB ports.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti